Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lord TSC wrote: »
    An 84, 85 and 86 for an 85 Rashford.

250k for +1 finishing :/

I'll ponder it purely because he's a United player but 250k for an 85 rated striker is a bit much. If his weak foot had been upgraded past 3* I'd be more likely to although if it's as OP as his base card then it's probably worth it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

An 84, 85 and 86 for an 85 Rashford.

250k for +1 finishing :/

I really wanted to do this but I don’t think I can convince myself.
    Basically they want 33 players that averages to 85 rated for one fast 85 forward that’s untradeable.

I really wanted to enjoy FIFA 20 from the start as I’d only joined 19 in February but it’s like EA are on a crusade against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It seems like EA are punishing their user base with all these overpriced SBCs for the hacking incident which occurred last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Leaks saying Cavaini and Inaki Williams tomorrow.

Inaki would be nice, but knowing EA it’ll be overpriced af for minimal upgrades. Also, Sissoko should be due then from what I saw earlier. Maybe worth preparing in advance for that? A lot might do him even if he’s overpriced, given how good he is.

Anyone tried sniping one of the RTTF Mane? Any luck? Might give it a shot myself for 500k :pac:

Leaks saying Cavaini and Inaki Williams tomorrow.

I actually enjoy Cavani's base card. If it's upgraded to suit the meta then it'll be a consideration.

Inaki Williams on the other hand will just lead to round 2 of abuse of his abuse but judging by the price they've put on Rashford, EA aren't keen on encouraging that idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It seems like EA are punishing their user base with all these overpriced SBCs for the hacking incident which occurred last month.

What hacking incident?
    Was that the glitchy one I saw about getting players for free?

Blazer wrote: »
    What hacking incident?
    Was that the glitchy one I saw about getting players for free?

Many EA Sport senior employees’ Twitter accounts were hacked last month with personal details leaked etc. It looks like this is a backlash in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Merry FUTMAS

43vcwg7hf1541.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Many EA Sport senior employees’ Twitter accounts were hacked last month with personal details leaked etc. It looks like this is a backlash in a way.

Thats a bit of a push of an assumption. It's got nothing to do with that.
    They're just trying to drain the market of coins.

RossieMan wrote: »

By releasing extortionate SBCs like Lukebakio and Fekir who nobody in their right mind would do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Why are they doing that so much this year?
    I was looking back at prices from this time last year and they were much higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got the futmas gbamin completed, got most of the Thiago mendes one completed at same time, a fair few similarities that you can double up on.

Just need 2 more on the Brazil goals/assists, handy one to do as doesn’t require the win so eleven Brazilian players and all I need is 1 goal per game over 2 games and I’m done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

By releasing extortionate SBCs like Lukebakio and Fekir who nobody in their right mind would do?

Because you wouldn't do it, doesn't mean it doesn't suit everyone.

Rashford is terrible value. I bet United fans will do him regardless.

Every sbc isn't going to suit the whole community. It's a give and take.

Prices are much lower this year due to a lack of icon SBCs. Coins much easier to come by, EA are going for total market control this year.

Futmas has always been a coin sink.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rashford is terrible value. I bet United fans will do him regardless.

Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I have both Modric and Williams in my team, futmas cards incoming - not arsed one bit this year.

Liamalone wrote: »
    I have both Modric and Williams in my team, futmas cards incoming - not arsed one bit this year.

Inaki?
    If it was a +2 etc it would be worth it. His base card is ridiculously op.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Got the futmas gbamin completed, got most of the Thiago mendes one completed at same time, a fair few similarities that you can double up on.

Just need 2 more on the Brazil goals/assists, handy one to do as doesn’t require the win so eleven Brazilian players and all I need is 1 goal per game over 2 games and I’m done.

The lob through ball assists are giving me more bother than they should. I normally don’t use them at all because my formation and play style means they’re rarely the best option.

Messing around with some two up top formations but it’s not working. Is there some shortcut I’m missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

How the hell could they change Mane max price to 500k???

This is just disgusting behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

wonski wrote: »
    How the hell could they change Mane max price to 500k???

This is just disgusting behaviour.

He was selling for like 1.4m, they changed his max price to 500k so that nobody would sell him, meaning there are no 90 Mane's on the market so if you want one you'll have to do his POTM SBC, it really is slimy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He was selling for like 1.4m, they changed his max price to 500k so that nobody would sell him, meaning there are no 90 Mane's on the market so if you want one you'll have to do his POTM SBC, it really is slimy.

There is regular IF 90 card available for under 600k, but its max sell price is still 2.5m.

Still shady practice really, especially if you were hoping for future upgrade. Not to mention coins lost on the card for some.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    There is regular IF 90 card available for under 600k, but its max sell price is still 2.5m.

Still shady practice really, especially if you were hoping for future upgrade. Not to mention coins lost on the card for some.

Yeah and also if you had him up for sale and he didn’t sell, and you selected relist all, mane would be listed at 500k, even if you had him up for 1.3 million.

You get that warning that the price range may have changed but that always comes up when you relist so easy ignore.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    The lob through ball assists are giving me more bother than they should. I normally don’t use them at all because my formation and play style means they’re rarely the best option.

Messing around with some two up top formations but it’s not working. Is there some shortcut I’m missing?

Don’t think there’d really be any shortcuts on that unless you message your opponent and say he can have the win if he lets you get the lobbed assists.
    This would probably work best if you see someone with zaha up front as they need the win.

I always use through passes and lobbed through passes so that one was easy enough for me. The volleys for Josh king the other week was a bit trickier

Two strikers up front and all you need to do is lob a sideways pass to him and score. Easy peasy :)

Don’t think there’d really be any shortcuts on that unless you message your opponent and say he can have the win if he lets you get the lobbed assists.
    This would probably work best if you see someone with zaha up front as they need the win.

I always use through passes and lobbed through passes so that one was easy enough for me. The volleys for Josh king the other week was a bit trickier

No I meant tactics wise is there a formation that lends itself to chipped through balls? Not really in on the whole messaging people for objectives, if it reaches that point it’s just not worth it.

After a weekend of playing WL I had forgotten just how full of try-hards division rivals is. Like in most games those players are found in the competitive “ranked” modes and everybody else plays in the casual modes but with FIFA it’s the opposite. I’m very obviously just trying for objectives, as in I’m not doing anything but chipped through balls no matter the situation, but I’ve got every player shushing and watching replays, full pauses etc. It’s bizarre.

No I meant tactics wise is there a formation that lends itself to chipped through balls? Not really in on the whole messaging people for objectives, if it reaches that point it’s just not worth it.

After a weekend of playing WL I had forgotten just how full of try-hards division rivals is. Like in most games those players are found in the competitive “ranked” modes and everybody else plays in the casual modes but with FIFA it’s the opposite. I’m very obviously just trying for objectives, as in I’m not doing anything but chipped through balls no matter the situation, but I’ve got every player shushing and watching replays, full pauses etc. It’s bizarre.

Yeah same as that, I never message anyone and have it set that I can’t receive any.
    I will in general try help out others doing objectives if I don’t need the win myself but yeah the majority of people almost seem to get pleasure out of preventing you doing objectives, I’ve had people take red cards at 5-0 up rather than let me get a consolation goal with a silver player or whatever I need for objective.
    Some strange people out there.

Oh and also on the lobbed pass, you don’t need to score directly after receiving the ball, you can do a short lobbed pass to someone 30/40 yards out, dribble in and score and it counts, once the last pass to him was a lobbed pass.
    Just Incase you were trying to lob the last defender and hit first time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    Inaki?
    If it was a +2 etc it would be worth it. His base card is ridiculously op.

He's busy enough for me tbh, I'm more or less rocking the same team I had in September bar the addition of Crespo who is awesome.

Last year I'd have been grinding up the divisions as best I could, this year.... Me no care. I could see myself with this team forever - tis am 86 La Liga team, bar Crespo n Scream Pique it's Norman :)

Awful game, dinnay care lol.

Yeah same as that, I never message anyone and have it set that I can’t receive any.
    I will in general try help out others doing objectives if I don’t need the win myself but yeah the majority of people almost seem to get pleasure out of preventing you doing objectives, I’ve had people take red cards at 5-0 up rather than let me get a consolation goal with a silver player or whatever I need for objective.
    Some strange people out there.

Oh and also on the lobbed pass, you don’t need to score directly after receiving the ball, you can do a short lobbed pass to someone 30/40 yards out, dribble in and score and it counts, once the last pass to him was a lobbed pass.
    Just Incase you were trying to lob the last defender and hit first time

I’ve had some weird ones count like the keeper saving it and it bouncing back out for the rebound to score. But getting two and a win is just proving to be more time consuming than it should be what with everybody packing the box when defending and sitting deep.

I literally just realised the Thiago mendes obj only requires normal through balls and not lobbed ones. Face palm.

I literally just realised the Thiago mendes obj only requires normal through balls and not lobbed ones. Face palm.

Haha sorry yeah, I thought you were talking about the gbamin one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Hoping this Cavani card isn't too expensive, his card doesn't need too much to make it interesting for me.

Someone asked about Dybala, I used his base with a catalyst on it, he was ok, but found he was a little bit clunky for what I wanted (wide cam / winger)... maybe in the middle and a different version he'd be decent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement