Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Haha sorry yeah, I thought you were talking about the gbamin one :D

Was attempting both at once, and obviously didn't read it correctly. Only realised when I actually managed two in one game for only the second time all evening, but the Gbamin objective only counted one assist while the Thiago Mendes win + two assists counted. Clearly one just registered as a normal through ball but I was about to go on a rant about how can one obj count it but another doesn't :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Cavani and Williams as expected.
    Both seem fairly priced.

Also a rttf Diego Carlos cb card sbc, an 83 and 84 squad required

Edit: Sevilla play cluj in next round so that Carlos card should get upgraded but not until March

Cavani only around 40k or so.

I’d recommend everyone do that, especially if you have a few 83 or 84 untradeables.

He could be handy for the new icon first owners objectives and if nothing else he’s the cheapest 89 rated card available so you’ll have him for future sbc’s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Both are reasonably priced at least so I’m considering them. Never gave Inaki much of a go so could be fun to have. Was hoping they’d upgrade Cavani by more, I liked his base card but this is barely an upgrade over it but for twice the price. Anyone know tomorrow’s leaks?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Both are reasonably priced at least so I’m considering them. Never gave Inaki much of a go so could be fun to have. Was hoping they’d upgrade Cavani by more, I liked his base card but this is barely an upgrade over it but for twice the price. Anyone know tomorrow’s leaks?

Possibly modric, Croatia is the country tomorrow but they could save modric for the Real Madrid one either?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

How do you know what countries are due what days?

How do you know what countries are due what days?

The country is going from fifa ranked 1st in the world, down through them, tomorrow will be Croatia, the club starts at 12th and works up to 11th, 10th etc from the big 5 leagues, (prem, Italy, Germany, Spain and France)

I’ll try attaching an image showing the possibilities

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You have to be a special type of prick to see someone with a serie a team with strikers in defense etc and knowing they’re going for the objective not to allow them goals. Of course as soon as I saw the United crest I knew I was ****ed anyway. The bitterness in those guys is strong.

Blazer wrote: »
    Of course as soon as I saw the United crest I knew I was ****ed anyway. The bitterness in those guys is strong.

Very odd statement.

Very odd statement.

Well I know loads and they’re all bitter ****ers lol :)
    Except for the United fans in here. Ye’re all sound :)
    The next time I played took the biscuit.
    He had Eriksen, Kane and a few other Toty nominees.
    I let him score his first 3 goals to show I was giving him the win. No dice.
    So I attack and we end up 7-5 to him but I’m happy as I’ve 5 different scorers.
    The thing is the dope started timewasting from 70 mins onwards because he thought I was trying to win despite me gifting him all 7 goals...Christ.

• Advertisement

Well I know loads and they’re all bitter ****ers lol :)
    Except for the United fans in here. Ye’re all sound :)
    The next time I played took the biscuit.
    He had Eriksen, Kane and a few other Toty nominees.
    I let him score his first 3 goals to show I was giving him the win. No dice.
    So I attack and we end up 7-5 to him but I’m happy as I’ve 5 different scorers.
    The thing is the dope started timewasting from 70 mins onwards because he thought I was trying to win despite me gifting him all 7 goals...Christ.

Every club has their bad apples :)

People in general I find are very unhelpful with objectives, the serie a one not requiring the win makes it a whole lot easier though, I actually had a bit of fun with that one.
    Slowly plugging away at the prem one, I don’t think I’d just the trossard much so in no mad rush but always keep a couple of prem players on bench for when I’m a couple of goals up with my regular team

I just don’t get it. Why on earth would you be a complete prick. It’s not as if you’re better than me. Far from it. I’ve the same now with the next guy I’m playing ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Everyone should do that Cavani SBC, he's literally cheaper than any 89 on the market and you can use untradeables to get him.

Everyone should do that Cavani SBC, he's literally cheaper than any 89 on the market and you can use untradeables to get him.

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Blazer wrote:
    I just don’t get it. Why on earth would you be a complete prick. It’s not as if you’re better than me. Far from it. I’ve the same now with the next guy I’m playing ffs.

It's a complete waste of 20 minutes if they aren't also doing the objectives. I won't help anyone, why should i? I only get a small amount of time to play, I don't need it wasted helping someone get a player that has no benefit to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's a complete waste of 20 minutes if they aren't also doing the objectives. I won't help anyone, why should i? I only get a small amount of time to play, I don't need it wasted helping someone get a player that has no benefit to me.

I agree with this. Even if I was offered the win, it bores the head off me knowing the competitive element is gone. I've turned off messaging so people can't ask me anymore.

RossieMan wrote: »

Lol somehow I’m not surprised :) .If you were getting the win why not?
    I was scoring 4-5 goals against these guys with players about 77 overall and 50-80 pace.
    So I think they would be pretty grateful for the win.
    Then again I played one guy yesterday and he had no clue of objectives. Could be just completely casual players too that are clueless about these. I remember I was for Fifa 17. Had no idea about SBC or didn’t care about them until I copped what they actually were in 18.

I don’t expect anyone to help me with objectives, you’ll get an a very odd decent person that will but I’ve no gripe if someone doesn’t help me.

It’s the people who go absolutely out of their way to ensure you don’t get the objective that bug me, like I’ve said, I’ve had several cases where I needed a goal/assist with a certain player, silver player, Argentinian player etc and I’ve had people winning by 5 in last 10 mins take a red card when I’m through on goal rather than let me get a goal, that’s just petty.

But yeah I do still help others if they’re not being a dik. For example if I see someone with zaha and if he’s 2 up on me in last 5 mins and hasn’t sat through all replays I’ll let him get a goal with zaha at the end if he hasn’t already.
    Or if I’m 3 or 4 up and can see he’s spamming lofted through balls I’ll let him get 1 or 2 at the end.

Once it doesn’t effect my outcome I don’t really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Slowly plugging away at the prem one, I don’t think I’d just the trossard much so in no mad rush but always keep a couple of prem players on bench for when I’m a couple of goals up with my regular team

Have to say I have found the Milestone Trossard card to be very good. Much better than I was expecting. He just seems to be turbo boosted and dribbling with him is very smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

are the milestone players dynamic cards, I thought I heard somewhere that they were, and if so how will they increase

• Advertisement

seamie78 wrote: »
    are the milestone players dynamic cards, I thought I heard somewhere that they were, and if so how will they increase

They are dynamic but they haven’t told us yet how or when they’ll be upgraded.

They just confirmed that the milestone players (trossard/politano) are dynamic but the season objectives players (zaha/tolisso/ox/Danilo etc) aren’t dynamic

They just confirmed that the milestone players (trossard/politano) are dynamic but the season objectives players (zaha/tolisso/ox/Danilo etc) aren’t dynamic

Cheers that's what I thought, you would think they might give a clue as to how they get upgraded seems a bit odd even by ea standards

Ah that’s made me not to pushed about Oz then. I was only 18k points away from him and wasn’t going to make it due to my late start this year.

Anyone using totgs Kane? Apart from pace shooting looks unreal

Also finally got my 2000 points for WL.
    thank Christ I won’t have to do that again.

Ah that’s made me not to pushed about Oz then. I was only 18k points away from him and wasn’t going to make it due to my late start this year.

Anyone using totgs Kane? Apart from pace shooting looks unreal

I have him 41 goals in 53 games so far all in weekend league and rivals, good for assists as well. had the totw kane before and have found this one to be a big upgrade

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It’s the people who go absolutely out of their way to ensure you don’t get the objective that bug me, like I’ve said, I’ve had several cases where I needed a goal/assist with a certain player, silver player, Argentinian player etc and I’ve had people winning by 5 in last 10 mins take a red card when I’m through on goal rather than let me get a goal, that’s just petty.

This is it for me too. I've had games where people are busting their gut to make goal line clearances despite being a few goals up. Or trying to humiliate you with skill moves because their team is 10 ratings higher.

Or games where, despite going for objectives, it's maybe 3-5, and the guy is dabbing and shushing, as if he's trying to make some point.

There's a difference between "not helping someone" and "Being an ass to someone"....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Grabbed Cavani and Carlos and tried them both out for a bit, Carlos is excellent, thinking of trying a 5atb with him, Pique and Nominee Gimenez... Cavani's shooting is great but finding him very meh apart from that, I'd say Balotelli will get back in over him shortly. Still cheap for an 89... I've got a nice bit of high fodder now so hopefully something interesting before the end of futmas, definitely keen on Modric if he gets a proper upgrade.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    This is it for me too. I've had games where people are busting their gut to make goal line clearances despite being a few goals up. Or trying to humiliate you with skill moves because their team is 10 ratings higher.

Or games where, despite going for objectives, it's maybe 3-5, and the guy is dabbing and shushing, as if he's trying to make some point.

There's a difference between "not helping someone" and "Being an ass to someone"....

That’s it exactly.
    And most of them are being knobs. One guys totgs Kane scored against my 75 Italian gk and a makeshift defense of 4 strikers and he was celebrating a goal ffs? What’s the point in that lol :)

personally I think celebrations should be done away with beyond a five second quick celebration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

personally I think celebrations should be done away with beyond a five second quick celebration

Yeah, that would be perfect. I wouldn't mind if it just went to one screen rather then celebration, replay and tifo/player cam. TBH, I don't mind celebrations as long as the person skips the next two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm torn, kind of.

I think they should stay in rivals. From the point of view of it being a football game, celebrations are a part of the game. I think they should be shorter (you shouldn't be able to do laps of the field) and maybe make it that either player can skip after 5 seconds, which is loads of time to run to the corner post if you have to.

I do think they should be gotten rid of for Weekend League IF you're trying to build that up as a more serious game mode. When the goal goes in, let a single replay happen if the player wants, but cut out the pre-replay stuff, and cut out the post-replay **** for sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement