Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

seamie78 wrote: »
    Cheers that's what I thought, you would think they might give a clue as to how they get upgraded seems a bit odd even by ea standards

More likely they will go the way of last years Scream cards where they seemed to totally ignore the fact they were supposed to change stats on a full moon or whatever it was and then change it once at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone have an opinion on that Diego Carlos SBC card vs NIF Varane?

Shame his upgrade isn’t until March but it could be a beast of a card. Currently have Varane alongside Scream Pique. Only thing keeping me from doing it is keeping my fodder in case something better comes along in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Keep the celebrations but my god remove the 5 second long lingering shot of the player just walking back to their side of the pitch while waving to the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Shame his upgrade isn’t until March but it could be a beast of a card. Currently have Varane alongside Scream Pique. Only thing keeping me from doing it is keeping my fodder in case something better comes along in the next week or two.

He feels better than TOTGS Ramos if that helps? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Blazer wrote:
    Lol somehow I’m not surprised .If you were getting the win why not? I was scoring 4-5 goals against these guys with players about 77 overall and 50-80 pace. So I think they would be pretty grateful for the win. Then again I played one guy yesterday and he had no clue of objectives. Could be just completely casual players too that are clueless about these. I remember I was for Fifa 17. Had no idea about SBC or didn’t care about them until I copped what they actually were in 18.

Who cares about a win? To go up a broken system? No thanks.

I play for the competitive part, if you take that away and play for objectives, what's the point of playing at all? It's not a card collecting game. None of the objectives cards will be in anyone's team longer than a week, they've all been awful.

Play for the win, of you get an objective along the way, great, but don't expect others to stop playing because you can't win the games properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Adamcp898 wrote: »

I can’t compare him with Varane but I’ve him paired with rttf Juan Jesus and I find the two a really good partnership. Not huge but very good otherwise.

hots wrote: »
    He feels better than TOTGS Ramos if that helps? :o
    I can’t compare him with Varane but I’ve him paired with rttf Juan Jesus and I find the two a really good partnership. Not huge but very good otherwise.

Yeah it looks good value, even when compared to IF Varane and that's still 300k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

The other player today with modric is atal if leaks are correct again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

RossieMan wrote: »
    Who cares about a win? To go up a broken system? No thanks.

I play for the competitive part, if you take that away and play for objectives, what's the point of playing at all? It's not a card collecting game. None of the objectives cards will be in anyone's team longer than a week, they've all been awful.

Play for the win, of you get an objective along the way, great, but don't expect others to stop playing because you can't win the games properly.

I don’t have to win the games lol :)
    I just think the game is bad enough without having to deal with dickheads.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    The other player today with modric is atal if leaks are correct again

I'm guessing a position change for Atal too, hopefully reasonable enough. Had a TOTY or something of him before and he was great all over the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I hope Modric costs a fortune! Don't want to be tempted.

Anyway Aub looks pretty bloody lethal this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Modric 1x 83, 2x84
    Atal 1x83, 1x84

Lovelyyyyy. Time to clear my 83s. Decent looking cards too, the both of them.

That Modric card is tempting. Not too expensive either. Not sure if Atal is worth changing my team around for though.

There's also a 83 RTTF player pick SBC for either Kent or Forest from Rangers and Celtic.

Liamalone wrote: »
    I hope Modric costs a fortune! Don't want to be tempted.

He seems very nicely priced, a quick estimation I’d say 120k.

I’ll complete him in the morning when I get my untradeable packs as I always seem to get duplicate untradeables so handy to have an sbc ready to fire them into

Edit: futbin has it at 140k

Blazer wrote:
    I don’t have to win the games lol I just think the game is bad enough without having to deal with dickheads.

I'd have it the other way. People looking for free objectives just for giving a win are ruining divisions. It's a competitive game mode for rewards.

People playing the game to win aren't dickheads, it's what you're suppose to do.

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'd have it the other way. People looking for free objectives just for giving a win are ruining divisions. It's a competitive game mode for rewards.

People playing the game to win aren't dickheads, it's what you're suppose to do.

Yeah I suppose that’s another way of looking at it.
    But we both know it’s not ruining divisions.
    It’s the guys who are deliberately relegating themselves down 5 or 6 divisions who are ruining it.

Blazer wrote:
    Yeah I suppose that’s another way of looking at it. But we both know it’s not ruining divisions. It’s the guys who are deliberately relegating themselves down 5 or 6 divisions who are ruining it.

It's both. Giving free wins away is just as bad as relegating oneself down divisions.

It really is impossible to do the objectives in div 3/4, so I completely understand why people do it.

It's EAs fault to have it set up on such an awful manner. No forward thinking. Same crap every year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Red Gervinho would have been nice when I was doing Politano during the week.

Kroos, Rakatic, Alderweild and TOTYN Hummels. Not bad for 11 wins.

Buying Ronaldo now too, for an Xmas treat

Gets toty nomineee...ooohh...frakkin Tagliafico.
    Lovely card design though,
    I’m tempted to get Aguero‘a one when it drops more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

they should bring in a rule where you cant drop more than 1 division in a 4 week period or something along those lines, a division 2 player doesn't become a division 4 player overnight

So it appears ea haven’t figured out how to split objective players for futmas over the seasons (season 2 ends at 6 tomorrow)

They said at futmas reveal we’d get 6 objective players and only been 2 so far so they’re obviously waiting for season 3 to start as the time to complete would be too short if added now.

So basically we should get 4 objectives players in next few days.
    I won’t be playing fut champions this week so will suit me to chip away at them.
    We could possibly get the start of new icon swaps Friday too but they might leave it til Monday or the following Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Spent the last couple days banging out any remaining objectives just to see if I'd have enough for lvl 30. After adding up what I'd get to from tomorrow's Daily Objectives I realised I'd literally be 1xp short with the only remaining objectives being some Icon Swaps, so I had to play out 6 Squad Battles matches on World Class with a Liga NOS team to earn 1 feckin xp :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, I've grabbed Ronaldo and TOTYN Dybala, so that's my attack sorted.

I've got 650k for a CDM icon. Any suggestions? Options seem to be Gerrard, Gattsuo, Essien, Pep, Makelele or Ballack (I'm omiting Keane and Rijkard cause I've used them before). Going with a 4-1-2-1-2, with wingers, so they need to be able to cover most of that midfield area themselves (which Sissoko has been doing fine with)/

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, I've grabbed Ronaldo and TOTYN Dybala, so that's my attack sorted.

I've got 650k for a CDM icon. Any suggestions? Options seem to be Gerrard, Gattsuo, Essien, Pep, Makelele or Ballack (I'm omiting Keane and Rijkard cause I've used them before). Going with a 4-1-2-1-2, with wingers, so they need to be able to cover most of that midfield area themselves (which Sissoko has been doing fine with)/

The mid and baby icons might get panic sold when the new icons are in packs Friday/Monday or whenever so once you get feedback on who to get it might be worth holding buying until then and then buy them n the panic.

Only 2 icons I’ve used this year for any decent length is zanetti and schmeichel so can’t offer advice on which to go for

seamie78 wrote: »
    they should bring in a rule where you cant drop more than 1 division in a 4 week period or something along those lines, a division 2 player doesn't become a division 4 player overnight

It often happen to me. I’d be in div 2 hit a losing streak and suddenly I’d find myself in div 5/6 and then fight my way back up. Doesn’t seem to be happening so much now since fifa 18 but 4 weeks a bit extreme.
    I’d cap it at a div a week.
    Or what would really work is drastically reducing WL points for weekend rewards so people would have to play more rival matches to make up the points.
    But again risking burning out people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Was it confirmed that icon swaps 2 will also require first owner objectives? Debating whether to take the 65k or untradeables this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

blaa85 wrote: »
    Was it confirmed that icon swaps 2 will also require first owner objectives? Debating whether to take the 65k or untradeables this morning.

Take the 65k, I had the same dilemma. Took the untradeables and best I got was Sommer the bundesliga goalkeeper.

GavK wrote: »
    Take the 65k, I had the same dilemma. Took the untradeables and best I got was Sommer the bundesliga goalkeeper.

Got one 83 from my untradeables this morning :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

There's a strong rumour that one of the next player SBCs is going to be Roussillon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement