Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food on long spin

Options
2»

Comments

CramCycle wrote: »
    Diet coke tastes better, is refreshing and has caffeine, I'd sooner collapse in a hedgegrow than drink regular coke. Just an opinion

Hadn't drank a regular coke in years until recently when we were out for lunch with the kids and they had no coke zero. I quite like the Zero one and even the diet stuff if the mood takes me, it is as you say nicely refreshing but the regular stuff made me want to puke after the first mouthful.

Used to love a can of fanta if I was stopping at a shop during or after a spin but thats horrible stuff these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Another vote for coke zero/ diet coke on hot spin days here - it's the refreshing aspect I'm after rather than the sugar. Especially as it's normally at a cafe stop that already involves something sweet to eat.
    dahat wrote: »
    These are no bake, just set in the fridge. Made a tray in 8 mins this morning with dark chocolate melted on top. The rough calories for mine are 170-200 per bar depending on size.
    Rice bars are nice once someone else makes them as you know, far too much bother.
    I found the recipe below on his facebook. Will try over the weekend.
    No Bake Bar
    Mix 100g nuts, 100g dried fruit & mixed seeds with 100g oats, 100g chopped dark chocolate, 4 scoops of whey and a little honey and a drop of milk.
    Then into a lined flat baking tin, spread, pack tight and place in the fridge to set.
    Chop them up into desired size

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i like coke and can drink coke zero, but there's just a je ne sais quoi about the taste of diet coke that i really don't like drinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,657 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

i like coke and can drink coke zero, but there's just a je ne sais quoi about the taste of diet coke that i really don't like drinking it.

Same here. I expect to see a Skull and Bones motif on the side of the can.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Same here. I expect to see a Skull and Bones motif on the side of the can.

Its funny how opinions can be wrong :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Another vote for coke zero/ diet coke on hot spin days here - it's the refreshing aspect I'm after rather than the sugar. Especially as it's normally at a cafe stop that already involves something sweet to eat.

I found the recipe below on his facebook. Will try over the weekend.

Yeah, that's what I've been using. I started blitzing the nuts as on the bike a large almond can be troublesome!!! You'll need a good bit of honey to bind it all and compress it as much as possible in the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

also, don't buy sugar free jelly babies by accident, i believe necking too many causes laxative effects.

Completely Off topic:
    If you haven't read the reviews of Haribo sugar free gummy bears, prepare for a laugh:

https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-SUGAR-Classic-Gummi-Bears/product-reviews/B006J1FBLM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I'm a coke zero fanatic, I'm constantly drinking the stuff, but you (literally) "can't beat the real thing" if you're struggling on the bike. I've found nothing else this side of a banned substance list to give me the "giddy-up" better than pulling the pin on a full sugar red hand grenade. -I'd never touch one off the bike, and try to limit them to when I really need it but it never fails to deliver the goods for me anyway!

Advertisement