Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Virgin my best bet?

• 20-08-2019 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm currently getting my tv from sky and broadband with digiweb- costing me €80 a month for both. The max broadband speed i can get on my house is 40mb- in Dundalk- the best i get is usually around 20mb.
    My account with both expires this week.
    I've managed to get sky to bring my bill down to €24 but i haven't accepted the offer yet. But i still need to decide on broadband.
    I can get Vodafone with speeds up to 40mb or...
    Do i go to Virgin for both tv and broadband? I'm assuming id get much faster speeds? But ive read a fair bit about blackspots/ modem problems etc with Virgin.
    Any opinions on what the best option would be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get the broadband from virgin and the tv offer from sky ideally.

Note that virgin are doing broadband tv and sky sports or movies for €55pm for 12 months. The Virgin Horizon box isn’t as good as the Sky box though but worth considering at the price.

I never had WiFi issues with the current Virgin modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭marilynmonroe

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Get the broadband from virgin and the tv offer from sky ideally.

Note that virgin are doing broadband tv and sky sports or movies for €55pm for 12 months. The Virgin Horizon box isn’t as good as the Sky box though but worth considering at the price.

I never had WiFi issues with the current Virgin modem.

Thanks, yes that's the offer i would be looking to get- €55 a month. Ive been with sky for 12 years so its a big leap to leave them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,951 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks, yes that's the offer i would be looking to get- €55 a month. Ive been with sky for 12 years so its a big leap to leave them!

There's also a €50 ome4all voucher available if you sign up via their boards link ;) .

I'm not 100% but I did read recently that their new v6 (TiVo) box is launching this month? But that rumour has been rumbling around for years at this stage.

With the new box, the €55 deal is great value, with the horizon box?
    Not so much.
    It's really poor and coming from Sky it will be very noticeable.

Om WiFi performance, the current Hub is quite good.
    When I was a VM customer I did run bridged but that was due to needing multiple WiFi networks and vpns ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They won’t give the same deal with the new box. They can sell that package for €130 a month on the new box all day*

*id say!

Advertisement