Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch site?

Options
  • 20-08-2019 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

I'm on a mobile and always used the Touch version of the site for Boards.ie

However over the past few days anytime I type in touch.boards.ie I get brought to https://www.boards.ie/b/

I absolutely hate the new layout, I presume its the new skin of the site?

I can barely read or navigate the site, can't find the forums I want. It's making me not want to use Boards anymore as it's doing my head in. It's hurting my eyes and head looking at it, it's so colourful and gaudy.

How can I get back to using the touch site again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I second this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Clear your cache

🤪

Moyglish wrote: »
    How can I get back to using the touch site again?

Click on 'lock' symbol at top-left of your screen (preceding https)

Select 'clear and reset' within site settings.

Voila.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Scroll to the bottom and select "full site", then on the full site page select "touch site".

This always fixes it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Click on 'lock' symbol at top-left of your screen (preceding https)

Select 'clear and reset' within site settings.

Voila.

Worked a treat, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

I keep getting the denial of service protection message by cloud flare....

Either some Russian bots are active or Boards think I am up to no good.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi jcorr,

Cloudflare security has been ramped up after recent suspicious activity, so these checks will kick in from time to time. Is it just the check that you are getting or is it a 1015 error?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Is the app not working any more? Each time I open it all I get is a blank page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

Hi jcorr,

Cloudflare security has been ramped up after recent suspicious activity, so these checks will kick in from time to time. Is it just the check that you are getting or is it a 1015 error?

Just the check, no 1015 errors as far as I can see.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Is the app not working any more? Each time I open it all I get is a blank page.

Hi Bahanaman. Cloudflare is currently on higher alert after the recent spam issue, so access from the app seems to have been cut off. Normal service will be resumed once Cloudflare dials down a little, but I'm afraid I don't have a timeline as to when this will be. In the meantime, we recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Hi Bahanaman. Cloudflare is currently on higher alert after the recent spam issue, so access from the app seems to have been cut off. Normal service will be resumed once Cloudflare dials down a little, but I'm afraid I don't have a timeline as to when this will be. In the meantime, we recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile access.
    Ok thanks for that.

Advertisement