Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

BDI wrote: »
    I’m not on the gravy train I’m afraid. I am cursed to work in a company that needs to make a profit.

Still not answering how you know what’s going on then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Blueshoe wrote: »
    The department of laziness and tea breaks

Given your take on the matter, I'd have though name and shame would appeal.

You're dodging a very straightforward question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Given your take on the matter, I'd have though name and shame would appeal.

You're dodging a very straightforward question.

What's the question

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

My unpopular opinion 3
    China should relinquish Aksai Chin to India

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mrsherself

GRACKEA wrote: »
    I don't think there should be any obligation for signs and services to include the Irish language. I say that as a gaeilgeoir. Nobody needs it. Probably <5 people in the world are monoglot Irish speakers. (Monoglot = only speaks the one language)

French or Polish would be much more useful.

Edit to add: just googled it. There are actually 0 Irish monoglots in the world.

My opinion is the opposite, but mine is also incredibly unpopular! I think no matter where you stand with Irish, someone will hate your opinion!

I believe the Irish placenames are actually more important than the English, because in most of the cases, they are the actual placenames, whereas the English version is just a phoneticised word. Makes no sense!

But I know my opinion, likewise, would not be popular.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Same lads put out the news that a nurse is most likely to be assaulted right before they threaten strike every year.

Same lads think drivers should have their lunch breaks in the same room everyday.

Same lads spend time on Internet forums defending how hard they work.

Little fellas black hair, little bellies and a serious expression on their faces. Slow down they say, you are doing two peoples job,

Completely against the death penalty because:
    Too much risk of an innocent person
    State shouldn't have that power esp when there's corruption issues
    It's not actually a deterrent anyway

Lock em up for life

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭A Shropshire Lad

I work in the public sector, and I have to say its great.

- Great pay. Well above industry standard compared to the same role in the private sector
    - Defined Benefit pension. Have to contribute to it now so not as great as it was but still pretty good
    -Basically I cant get fired

I think everyone who moans about the public sector secretly want to work in it

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dancingwith

- Great pay. Well above industry standard compared to the same role in the private sector
    - Defined Benefit pension. Have to contribute to it now so not as great as it was but still pretty good

Fully agree. I now also work in the public sector and love the security if it.
    I worked in the private sector for years and never had that feeling of being fully certain about the future.

• Site Banned Posts: 43 Mangofrozo

bluewolf wrote: »
    Completely against the death penalty because:
    Too much risk of an innocent person
    State shouldn't have that power esp when there's corruption issues
    It's not actually a deterrent anyway

Lock em up for life

Did I stumble into the popular opinions thread :confused:

• Advertisement

My unpopular opinion is that Shawshank Redemption is overrated. Midnight Express is a much better prison movie.

Mangofrozo wrote: »
    Did I stumble into the popular opinions thread :confused:
    Someone said they were for it and i wanted to reply to that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    She was just lazy and wanted the hours but not the work. One day she just didn't show up and that was the end of her.

(whispering)...............they killed her? F*ckkkkkk......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Superman is a sh*** superhero, he's basically the biggest mary sue character ever, utterly rubbish character

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I fundamentally disagree with a free for all abortion service.

And no. I am not some mad Catholic fundamentalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

wiggle16 wrote: »
    I'm a civil servant. I am not like this and I have never worked with anyone like this. I worked in a teacher training college in a previous life, I know plenty of primary school teachers and I don't know anyone who does this. Idiotic assertion.

I know a few teachers (women ) too and careful timing of pregnancies is a no-brainer and one of the ' trade secrets '.
    Also nurses aren't all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

No accountability of any kind, no matter how badly a civil servant screws up, they face no real lasting consequence

No wonder the place is full of pompous mediocrities

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Arcade Fire are boring as fcuk

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    No accountability of any kind, no matter how badly a civil servant screws up, they face no real lasting consequence

Again, that's why we love it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭randd1

Greyfox wrote: »
    Superman is a sh*** superhero, he's basically the biggest mary sue character ever, utterly rubbish character

Agree, no layers to him, basically as good a goody two shoes as you can get, offers nothing as a character.

And because he's basically indestructible, it means he always wins without a scratch really. There's no fun to him.

• Advertisement

Again, that's why we love it !

That's why the taxpayer spends 2 billion on a hospital that should cost 500 million.

Mangofrozo wrote: »
    That's why the taxpayer spends 2 billion on a hospital that should cost 500 million.

Right across the board. A money pit. The more money you put in the more the little man with the dark hair and the little belly goes around telling people to slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

We need to move on from the Irish famine.
    Overlords treated their peasants like shíte the world over. Ireland was no different.
    We need to move on - none of us can actually remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Rory McIlroy is extremely unlikeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I don’t think people should get compensation for things that happened in the 50s or 60s
    I feel very sorry for them and it should never have happened , but should they now be suing a state that had no part in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I don't believe in supporting 'local' shops, but hear me out on this.
    I have no interest in shopping in the village centra because they're greasy, overpriced and have bad selections. Many local shops just sell the same wholesale rubbish for exorbitant prices, nothing is local or seasonal. The local butcher has mediocre meat and the guy is a perv. Also spare me with "craft" butchers where they don't cut a single piece of meat inside.
    A good few people running shops aren't fit to do so.

If an establishment is well run, no problem, take my money. I'm too tight with money to fund someone else's hobby to play shop keeper.

I don't want to ever get married

(I am assuming this is quite an unpopular stance as most people get married)

I don't want to ever get married

(I am assuming this is quite an unpopular stance as most people get married)

The tax incentives are all aimed at getting you married.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I don’t think people should get compensation for things that happened in the 50s or 60s
    I feel very sorry for them and it should never have happened , but should they now be suing a state that had no part in it ?

People in the ex-colonies are now benefiting from the colonial past, they are not underprivileged because of that and the former colonial powers owe them nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Mad_maxx wrote: »

No wonder the place is full of pompous mediocrities

Well, this isn't even remotely accurate. What about those that have been sacked? No real lasting consequence for them then?

Advertisement