Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Sexuality confuses me to no end. If a previously straight guy has homosexual sex, the conclusion is often that he is gay or on the way, whilst if a previously gay man has heterosexual sex, he is still considered a gay man perhaps occasionally bi. It seems we define people by homosexual acts but not heterosexual acts.

If you exclusively like fondling genitals as yours that are not your own, you're gay.

If you like fondling those same not your own genitals as well as the opposite sex's genitals, you bi.

I mean, it's all labels at the end of the day. Gay, straight, bi. I gotta say, as a straight guy (maybe too f*cking straight for my own good.. whatever that means), I gotta say I'm a little bit jealous of bisexuals. Cos they literally get the best of both worlds! But many may not realise they're bi until later in life.

Not me though.. .. I don't even like my own 'stick' and 'potatos' let alone another fella's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭joseywhales

jaxxx wrote: »
    If you exclusively like fondling genitals as yours that are not your own, you're gay.

If you like fondling those same not your own genitals as well as the opposite sex's genitals, you bi.

I mean, it's all labels at the end of the day. Gay, straight, bi. I gotta say, as a straight guy (maybe too f*cking straight for my own good.. whatever that means), I gotta say I'm a little bit jealous of bisexuals. Cos they literally get the best of both worlds! But many may not realise they're bi until later in life.

Not me though.. .. I don't even like my own 'stick' and 'potatos' let alone another fella's!

Ah I find as I get a bit older the drive wanes gradually which I am actually happy about to a point. Early twenties I would have sacrificed career dignity everything to get up on woman I thought was a once in a lifetime shot. Kind of dumb in hindsight. Lots more to life.

Before the Covid pandemic I did not have to look very hard at all for some genuinely useful bits of professional advice and different opinions. Since the onset of Covid, 90% of my LinkedIn feed has become success out of adversity stories and platitudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I'm beginning to think that there may be some sense of exaggeration surrounding this whole covid 19 situation.

I can't quite put my finger on it yet but I feel there may be something sinister at play.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Before the Covid pandemic I did not have to look very hard at all for some genuinely useful bits of professional advice and different opinions. Since the onset of Covid, 90% of my LinkedIn feed has become success out of adversity stories and platitudes.

theres been so many people I've seen looking for work, and they're looking for work in the worst possible way , "I have 5 years experience in advertising sales" "looking for a position as marketing manager"

"I have 3 years experience as IT support" "looking for positions as IT manager/CTO"

• Advertisement

Indiana Jones would batter James Bond.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Indiana Jones would batter James Bond.

How is that unpopular ??? Indy would destroy him!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Peggy Bundy was hotter than Kelly Bundy in married with children

Gervais08 wrote: »
    How is that unpopular ??? Indy would destroy him!!!

Just wait until the James Bond fans get here.

Peggy Bundy was hotter than Kelly Bundy in married with children

Kelly Bundy would still get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,801 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Kelly Bundy would still get it

So would Peggy!

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

So would Peggy!

Kelly would get extra though.

Let's have a look at the evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Kelly would get extra though.

Let's have a look at the evidence.

pity she doesn't have them any more

pity she doesn't have them any more

I'm sure she still has breasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I'm sure she still has breasts.

She had a breast cancer and had a double mastectomy. It was a tasteless joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

She had a breast cancer and had a double mastectomy. It was a tasteless joke.

Tasteless doesn’t cover it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

From the Covid page , Save Christmas!!
    Are we all too Disney or too religious?

auspicious wrote: »

Or too romantic or too Hallmark?

The UK is the same. Johnson is probably going to relax the rule of 6 for Christmas day. He's not going to relax the virus ability to transmit, he's just going to tell people it's OK for them to meet in large groups on Christmas day.

What he won't say is that obviously the virus will spread wider on that day because more people will be together, sitting around the table together and enjoying the relaxed rules for the day.

But... We've "Saved Christmas"!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Michael McIntyre is a far funnier comedian than the absolutely humourless 'edgy' and 'meta' comedians who go on about hating him.

1) He's wildly successful and popular.
    2) He makes people laugh
    3) He doesn't have to make everything about politics or isms.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

auspicious wrote: »

Yeah it's like everyone wants the cookie cutter movie Xmas. More Disney than religion with the Bouncy Castle Catholic generation.

It's more like fighting for Xmas shopping, sugared up kids bawling and fighting over toys, unwanted relatives showing up, arguments, debt from buying presents that end up in the bin.

Screw all of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Or too romantic or too Hallmark?

The UK is the same. Johnson is probably going to relax the rule of 6 for Christmas day. He's not going to relax the virus ability to transmit, he's just going to tell people it's OK for them to meet in large groups on Christmas day.

What he won't say is that obviously the virus will spread wider on that day because more people will be together, sitting around the table together and enjoying the relaxed rules for the day.

But... We've "Saved Christmas"!

Who's going to meet up for dinner that wouldn't have anyway regardless of the rules.

Who's going to meet up for dinner that wouldn't have anyway regardless of the rules.

Loads of people. Lots of people live up to the standards set down by the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,603 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's often easier to absorb information, take it seriously, learn, etc if the person is attractive!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

It's often easier to absorb information, take it seriously, learn, etc if the person is attractive!

For me to believe if this is true of not, I need to know if you are good looking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Michael McIntyre is a far funnier comedian than the absolutely humourless 'edgy' and 'meta' comedians who go on about hating him.

1) He's wildly successful and popular.
    2) He makes people laugh
    3) He doesn't have to make everything about politics or isms.

Can’t stand his mannerisms, but he tells interesting-funny real life stories in his gigs..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Single mothers and how we are all supposed to feel sorry for them.

I am sorry but it is not a medical affliction. You did not wake up one morning to suddenly find 4 kids hanging off you. You were well capable of dropping your knickers and taking a creampie...several times.

And now society owes you a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Children's allowance should be stopped after 4 kids.
    If you want more - go ahead - but you'll get nothing from the state for Numbers 5,6 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Single mothers and how we are all supposed to feel sorry for them.

I am sorry but it is not a medical affliction. You did not wake up one morning to suddenly find 4 kids hanging off you. You were well capable of dropping your knickers and taking a creampie...several times.

And now society owes you a living.

another sacred cow who nobody can ever question

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Children's allowance should be stopped after 4 kids.
    If you want more - go ahead - but you'll get nothing from the state for Numbers 5,6 etc

Childrens allowance should be a tax credit, available to those who work and not to those who don't. We're actively encouraging the exact people who shouldn't have kids to have kids. All future supports for children should be targeted at encouraging working people to have kids and encouraging the unemployed to never have kids.

• Advertisement

The entity / "performance" / routine / event that is the "The Late Late Toy Show" should be owned, run, and fully managed from start to finish by an umbrella group representing ALL the Childrens Dance and Theatre Schools in proportion to the number of acts that come from these schools.

Any physical toys should not be present at the event. They can be advertised during the ad breaks which are quite long.

Advertisement