Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Queen's performance at Live Aid was totally overrated.

They went on banged out 20 mins in the usual Queen manner- why the big hard on?
    Your Face wrote: »
    Genetics.
    Well, they came on when the crowd was getting a bit fatigued and played a near note perfect set of crowd pleasers in an era without in-ear monitors or soundboard autotuning. They were experienced stadium rockers and that experience showed. Most of the other acts couldn't compete with them. U2 could maybe have been the stars of the show had Bono not decided to go AWOL for 5 minutes just as they were cruising.

It was more to do with the 'moment' saving the world/africa, making everyone feel warm and fuzzy instead.

Plus people love clapping...

So because of clapping and the 'moment' it was overhyped - get's that 'awwwh aren't we all great' thing going.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Whenever I hear about an Irish business personality / celebrity etc. receiving a new piece of bling like a Sony PS 5, Microsoft X box S / iPhone 12, I think of how it must be like for Jar Jar Binks to get something along these lines and wonder what he will use it for (apart from maybe putting in a display cabinet never to be used again)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

It was more to do with the 'moment' saving the world/africa, making everyone feel warm and fuzzy instead.

Plus people love clapping...

So because of clapping and the 'moment' it was overhyped - get's that 'awwwh aren't we all great' thing going.

Jaysus look at the yoke in his jeans at 1.51, his poor boyfriend :pac:

YouTube is adapting KNEEJERK REACTION "Protection" in dealing with rising levels of Trolling Abuse / Hate Speech on the platform

Corollary

https://www.facebook.com/7040724713/posts/10159962321054714/?sfnsn=mo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Jaysus look at the yoke in his jeans at 1.51, his poor boyfriend :pac:

I actually watched Live Aid at the time and for the past 35 years I have never noticed that nor did I need to. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

All the, rabid, armchair republicans should revere Oliver Cromwell along with the other “righteous” prods such as Robert Emmet, Wolfe Tone and the likes.

They’re pretty much on the same side, both being against “loyalists”. You’d think he’d warrant a mural, or at least a couple of raucous songs.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

All the, rabid, armchair republicans should revere Oliver Cromwell along with the other “righteous” prods such as Robert Emmet, Wolfe Tone and the likes.

They’re pretty much on the same side, both being against “loyalists”. You’d think he’d warrant a mural, or at least a couple of raucous songs.

:D Very Good.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

because

1. Freddie being gay always ticks some box
    2. He is brown bread...people love to make out pop starts were some sort of heroes or role models, and when you are dead, it magnifies

3. with the film that came out it the in thing to do to get onboard with the faux grief and adulation of those undeserving.

Like when people go on about the so called great kurt cobain.

to me he was just a prik, druggy user selfish b@astard who showed zero thought for his kid.
    Had money, youth, a kid and threw it away, whilst tragic, he is to be pitied not adored,

look how people cried over diana's car crash as if they knew the woman.
    People can be so like sheep

Not one single point you made is valid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Oh be fair now - he’s saved anyone looking up “horse****” in a dictionary.

And “edgelord” for that matter,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

oh no....is my opinion unpopular ?

imagine that, an unpopular opinion in an unpopular opinion thread, who saw that coming then.

magnificent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

oh no....is my opinion unpopular ?

imagine that, an unpopular opinion in an unpopular opinion thread, who saw that coming then.

magnificent.

not unpopular, just wrong.

not unpopular, just wrong.

proof ?

are you telling me kurt cobain was not selfish
    or people crying over diana were not on the bandwagon
    or the live aid thing was not over hyped ?

My opinion may be unpopular, and not suit your agenda, but you have no proof its wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Common sense and/or logical arguments =/= right wing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

i couldnt give a sh1t about " trans " issues

• Registered Users Posts: 56,370 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Queen's performance at Live Aid was totally overrated.

They went on banged out 20 mins in the usual Queen manner- why the big hard on?

Can’t agree here..

Their 20 minutes were electric..they completely stole the show when compared to others..

Born to play stadiums..

One of the truly great live stadium bands..

jaxxx wrote: »
    Common sense and/or logical arguments =/= right wing

its worse than that

stating certain facts can get you called racist, homophobic etc

for example most black people shot by the police in the us are shot by black and hispanic officers...but the hype would have you believe it is white people shooting them.

In fact more white people are shot than black, which is also never mentioned.

Here in Ireland 0.6 percent of the population are from the traveling community, but state they commit more crimes and take up 15% of the male prison population, or 22% of the female prison population, mention that and people will say you are victimizing the traveling community.

Men are more violent than women, another fact, does that mean I am sexist ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

its worse than that

stating certain facts can get you called racist, homophobic etc

for example most black people shot by the police in the us are shot by black and hispanic officers...but the hype would have you believe it is white people shooting them.

In fact more white people are shot than black, which is also never mentioned.

Here in Ireland 0.6 percent of the population are from the traveling community, but state they commit more crimes and take up 15% of the male prison population, or 22% of the female prison population, mention that and people will say you are victimizing the traveling community.

Men are more violent than women, another fact, does that mean I am sexist ?

in order to adhere to the creed of political correctness , certain truths must be slain

walshb wrote: »
    Can’t agree here..

Their 20 minutes were electric..they completely stole the show when compared to others..

Born to play stadiums..

One of the truly great live stadium bands..

Yeah...but this thread is not about consensus.

Unlike the other bands Queen were in the middle of a world tour and were bang on form. It was a perfectly good performance but I guess like another poster suggested when someone like Freddie Mercury dies there always a tendency to over eulogise and over inflate particular events as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Minority groups ,(oddly enough not referring to groups based on ethnicity or colour) are pandered too far far far too easily , especially by the media , even when facts and logic are over looked for hurt feelings . These are people totally think that the world revolves around them . Deluded and some deranged notions

Why the hell should such groups get to dictate the Western World ?

Latest example are those **** who insist on preferring to people as they/them rather than he / she .

Look at the JK Rowling situation with the transgender groups (liberals turning on themselves is hilarious) Nothing in what she said was unreasonable or factually wrong . Christ , even in their new physical and legal entity , man still dictates to women about women issues . WTF?

It’s time that minority groups who try to shut people down and actively go out of their way to try and get a person fired from their jobs or ruin their business over something that hurt their feelings but was perfectly legal to hold such a view point (exclude hate speech - the correct definition)

Time to just laugh at them. Mock them

makes me laugh when i hear certain groups are in the minority group.

since the same people who decree we are all one, and there should be no borders etc, by that logic, then white people are the minority on the planet.

There are over a billion chinese, almost a billion indians, black people massively outnumber white people on the planet....so why are white people not the minority group and treated so. ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

makes me laugh when i hear certain groups are in the minority group.

since the same people who decree we are all one, and there should be no borders etc, by that logic, then white people are the minority on the planet.

There are over a billion chinese, almost a billion indians, black people massively outnumber white people on the planet....so why are white people not the minority group and treated so. ?

The western World is what keeps this planet going . We are civilisation ra ra ra

Western world is predominately white , so we are hardly in a minority are we ?

Besides all this guff is spouted in the Western world by western people who wouldn’t and don’t give a flying **** about what goes on in Africa et all

Look at the horse **** surrounding Le Bron James and the NBA during their tour in China

The former Houston Rockets GM , an educated man who world experience , tweeted about solidarity with Hong Kong and their pro democracy protests . That didn’t go down well with China and the NBA has massive financial interests in China . Bigly

Now , in fairness to LeBron, being the face of the NBA was in a tricky spot WHILE IN CHINA . He and his colleagues did have to worry about their safety so he had to be diplomatic

However , when he got back to the US he publicly demolished the HR GM . Laughably . This man, a bloody basket ball player with zero education (barely finished high school) came out and called the GM informed and ignorant and talked utter tripe about how his comments effected and harmed the players physically (potentially it could have) , financially (oh you bet) spiritually and emotionally (what the ****?)

Translation to his statement was “**** your mouth and don’t mess with our money”

LeBron was prepared to ignore China’s behaviour in Hong Kong just to sell more sneakers and get more money from the massive market in China

Oh but it gets better - some major media outlets awarded him “activist of the year award” lol

One of my pet hates are Americans who have generations of US born family and know nothing about their “homeland” (eh, that’s America , chief) they all have to have double barrel ethnicity eg Irish American , Italian American , African American (they too lazy to know which African nation)

Yet , how many of the later ever visited Africa or no anything about it even via charities ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Aliens please invade.

AI robots please become overlords.

Ice age please come.

SOMETHING, something please.. .. ..

I cannot tolerate the stupidity of humanity any longer.. ..

Unpopular opinion? Humans are a cancer.

Wait scratch that. Humans are the cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,979 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Aliens please invade.

Ice age please come.

If the earth was your apple, and there was germs on it, destroying the apple to the level we are multiplying and destroying the earth, then the apple would be considered worthless and thrown in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Aliens please invade.

Ice age please come.

it must be awful to actually wish for destruction of your entire race cos you can't handle the opinion of others. that level of mental anguish must be terrifying

TBH humans are parasites. I cannot think of another species that destroys everything like we do.

The western World is what keeps this planet going . We are civilisation ra ra ra

Western world is predominately white , so we are hardly in a minority are we ?

Yes white people are a minority on the planet.

first off you automatically assume...and wrongly at that , that this western world is predominantly white.the white percentage in the USA, Germany, Britain etc drops each year, and that is without counting nations like Japan, and emerging nations like China, where the white population is miniscule

The fact you think the western world keeps the world going shows how little you have a grasp on things.

Take america for example this so called power that you think keeps the planet going, if you had a clue you would know america not only uses more energy than it generates, it is one of the biggest disasters countries for destroying the planet.

The fact you think western world countries are what keeps the planet going, when in fact its the opposite shows you need to educate yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pidgeoneyes

Joe Biden will not die in office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

People who use cis and TERF should be shot with frozen balls of someone else’s ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Democracy is Majority Rule.

Minority opinions can go sit down. Majority don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Sinn Fein are con artists that won't be able to deliver the utopia their supporters want when they get into power.

Advertisement