Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Knine wrote: »
    Many women who find themselves cheated on picked an Arsehole to date/marry

that too

oh and BTW ,if a guy lets himself go and his Mrs strays , i view that as his fault to a significant degree too

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    that too

oh and BTW ,if a guy lets himself go and his Mrs strays , i view that as his fault to a significant degree too

And vice versa if the woman lets herself go?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

And vice versa if the woman lets herself go?

Thats what he said in the first comment

Thats what he said in the first comment

Ok see that now. Thought Knine's was the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

many women who find themselves cheated on simply did not bother to remain in reasonable shape
    that too

100% works both ways.

It amazes me that people are so naive they think that "love" is enough.
    Getting out of shape and not fixing it is very disrespectful to your partner.
    It's as bad as cheating imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭cms88

Knine wrote: »
    Many women who find themselves cheated on picked an Arsehole to date/marry

I suppose it's also the mans fault when it happens the other way around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

cms88 wrote: »
    I suppose it's also the mans fault when it happens the other way around?

as the meme says "you can't turn a whore into a housewife, you can, but don't be surprised when she does whorish things"
    or the more succinct "you can't turn a hoe into a housewife"

those that try to covert somebody are just making a rod for their own backs.
    didn't marry ,but fcuking hell I made that mistake in my youth of dating one or twoof that type . a disaster.

paw patrol wrote: »
    100% works both ways.

It amazes me that people are so naive they think that "love" is enough.
    Getting out of shape and not fixing it is very disrespectful to your partner.
    It's as bad as cheating imo.

its rarely seen as something a woman should avoid though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

"Oh but it's what inside/personality not looks that counts"

Said no good looking person ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

She had a lovely happy face though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I can get entirely what you are saying here but at times there is an inkling of truth to this phrase. It is generally stated in an @rsey quite overly rosey way but there is something there.

I think as you mature you do actually learn to appreciate this ethos.

My friend was dating a girl in college. She was utterly stunning, model good looks but she wasn't that attractive. He said it when he broke up her and we all agreed with him. She was really really dull. No character to her at all. Nice, but just reserved to nearly Fr. Stone levels.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I can get entirely what you are saying here but at times there is an inkling of truth to this phrase. It is generally stated in an @rsey quite overly rosey way but there is something there.

I think as you mature you do actually learn to appreciate this ethos.

My friend was dating a girl in college. She was utterly stunning, model good looks but she wasn't that attractive. He said it when he broke up her and we all agreed with him. She was really really dull. No character to her at all. Nice, but just reserved to nearly Fr. Stone levels.

Yeah I have known a few woman like that. I have woman say it about some guys as well...spent more time looking in the mirror and just dull.

The better looking the women the less effort she makes.

Funnily enough and slightly off topic. I have heard it more than once from women who have dated sports/football stars. GAA and rugby especially. Boring as fcuk. I mean, take away their sport and they have absolutely nothing of interest to say. I get that it is 100%.

That reminds me actually I dated a lady from Tyrone years ago and one of her exes played for Tyrone. Lovely guy she said but he was the most boring fecker in history. Training or sleeping. TBF she was a headcase so he dodged a bullet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Unpopular opinion: If we just castrate ourselves we can rid the world of manspreading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Judge Judy is a cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

far too many people in this country think that racism really isn't all that bad.

Judge Judy is a cnut.

more like a hackneyed banal bore

the tough talking New York jewish thing has been done so many times before

It isn't.

i meant they think actual racism isn't all that bad.

far too many people in this country think that racism really isn't all that bad.

You mean it isn't that common in Ireland? Or when it happens people just think it's not a big deal?

more like a hackneyed banal bore

the tough talking New York jewish thing has been done so many times before

a scrawny aul one who should be screaming at 4 year olds for a living

i meant they think actual racism isn't all that bad.

what actual racism are you speaking about

• Advertisement

You mean it isn't that common in Ireland? Or when it happens people just think it's not a big deal?

the second.

what actual racism are you speaking about

already a thread on it, i'm not going to rehash it here.

already a thread on it, i'm not going to rehash it here.

why did you bring it up then?

why did you bring it up then?

I voiced an opinion which I thought was the purpose of the thread. if you have an issue with my post then report it.

I find so much about modern society to be soul destroying.

People simply won't allow you to live your life on your own terms.

People seem to be more obsessed about fitting in then actually doing the things that make them happy.

People seem to be less informed, less sociable and less happy than they ever were despite everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭cms88

Yeah I have known a few woman like that. I have woman say it about some guys as well...spent more time looking in the mirror and just dull.

The better looking the women the less effort she makes.

Funnily enough and slightly off topic. I have heard it more than once from women who have dated sports/football stars. GAA and rugby especially. Boring as fcuk. I mean, take away their sport and they have absolutely nothing of interest to say. I get that it is 100%.

That reminds me actually I dated a lady from Tyrone years ago and one of her exes played for Tyrone. Lovely guy she said but he was the most boring fecker in history. Training or sleeping. TBF she was a headcase so he dodged a bullet there.

Thing is with a lot of, not all, women who do date sports people regardless of the sport are doing it for all that comes along. I'm convinced that's why so many marriages involving sports people end. Take GAA just for an example someone is with a player with one of the top teams Dublin. Kerry, Kilkenny etc While the partner is on the panel and the team are doing well it's happy days. Free tickets to games, free holiday if the do well, trips to the All Stars etc But when they retire and that all ends well things change.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Michael Carrick was an an upgrade on Roy Keane

cms88 wrote: »
    Thing is with a lot of, not all, women who do date sports people regardless of the sport are doing it for all that comes along. I'm convinced that's why so many marriages involving sports people end. Take GAA just for an example someone is with a player with one of the top teams Dublin. Kerry, Kilkenny etc While the partner is on the panel and the team are doing well it's happy days. Free tickets to games, free holiday if the do well, trips to the All Stars etc But when they retire and that all ends well things change.

and they are quite prepared to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the rampant rumours of indiscretion by said players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

It's hard for to judge from the outside. I think a lot of these sports stars suffer tremendously when it all ends, given that their entire life has been sacrificed up to this point for something that they can no longer physically do. I imagine that puts a strain on a lot of relationships.

• Advertisement

Michael Carrick was an an upgrade on Roy Keane

An upgrade on 2005 Roy Keane? Maybe.

Advertisement