Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

quintana76 wrote: »
    Where exactly. Plese give details of widespread discrimination against women in todays Ireland.
    Are you saying Ireland is on a par with the Islamic world?

I’m just saying if you read court reports you’ll see more women being discriminated against by men then issues caused by burqas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

So what are we talking about now ? Is it banning burqas or Muslim immigrants?

burqas.

Muslims wouldnt make sense in this context, since even some Muslim countries also ban the burqa/niqab/veil.
    Apparently its too often associated with dangerous extremist sects and domestic violence and removal of womens speech.

The kinds of things that men are supposed to be looking out for ... or not ... who knows any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

So what are we talking about now ? Is it banning burqas or Muslim immigrants?

No he didn't. Stop trying to move the goalposts and divert the discussion. Answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

quintana76 wrote: »
    No he didn't. Stop trying to move the goalposts and divert the discussion. Answer the question.

Can you point out the question in that post you quoted ? he lost me at the bit about importing humans

As soon as some Level 5 restrictions are officially lifted in April the meaning of the phrase "givem an inch and they'll take a mile" can be seen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

As soon as some Level 5 restrictions are officially lifted in April the meaning of the phrase "givem an inch and they'll take a mile" can be seen again.

I'm going f*cking apesh1t the second lockdown restrictions are lifted and anyone who doesn't like that can sniff my arse.

I'm going to the pub.

I'm going for a round of golf.

I might even collect a takeaway.

How do you like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I'm going f*cking apesh1t the second lockdown restrictions are lifted and anyone who doesn't like that can sniff my arse.

I'm going to the pub.

I'm going for a round of golf.

I might even collect a takeaway.

How do you like that?

I walked to a local lookout on paddy's D and it was packed with cars. The day before I was shopping, and just like the previous lockdowns, there were large gaggles of secondary school students hanging out near the entrance to a Lidl, with the usual 10cm distancing and complete absence of masks.

Some people have already started. Haven't given a fig about lockdown measures for a long time. Epidemiologists are saying it's all futile anyway and the virus is a permanent fixture for the future and we just have to learn to live with it, particularly since mutant strains vaccines don't protect against are very likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,343 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I hate beaches.

They're nice to look at but every insufferable gob****e gravitates towards them in warm weather.
    Sand is treated as a combination litter tray for dogs as well as a human rubbish bin/ash tray.
    Sand gets into everything.
    There's nothing much interesting to see in the water except even more sand. I'd prefer a rocky cove any day over a beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Because perhaps burqa’s don’t cause offence in Ireland ? (Which was the context of that post )

Yes, its intimidating walking near somebody in one, its a security risk in buildings and a constant reminder of the horrible levels of oppression suffered by women under islamic control

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

There won't be much of a change in April.

Some construction will restart and kids sports will be back.

There won't be much opportunity to"take a mile"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Well the authorities were given an inch (a few weeks to 'flatten the curve') and they took 50 miles - years of restrictions with no guarantee that normalcy will ever resume (since a return to normal is apparently totally predicated on contingent factors like vaccinations that are resistant to mutations.)

How many years of trade embargoes and abandonment/separation of families are people really up for - I mean in terms of revealed preferences, not what they're prepared to tell polling companies?

I know. The TD wants to keep their Number 1 vote with Mrs. Woke the town business lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

My neighbour moved recently and put the house next door up for rent. I was driving home from work the other day and there was a couple (or so I thought) in the house looking to rent. I only caught a glimpse of them as they entered but the girl looked absolutely beautiful from a distance.

I had a whole host of impure thoughts.

Turns out that it was a father and daughter and the girl was really young.

I didn't fully realise her age when I saw them first and had an immediate rush of regret as I realised that she cant have been anymore than 17 or 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

My neighbour moved recently and put the house next door up for rent. I was driving home from work the other day and there was a couple (or so I thought) in the house looking to rent. I only caught a glimpse of them as they entered but the girl looked absolutely beautiful from a distance.

I didn't fully realise her age when I saw them first and had an immediate rush of regret as I realised that she cant have been anymore than 17 or 18.

Say three Hail Marys and two Our Fathers my boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,291 ✭✭✭✭walshb

17/18 is a grown female...

You shouldn’t at all feel odd to be attracted to her.

You’re human. You are attracted on visuals. Can’t switch it off..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm calling 999

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I'm calling 999

I'm calling pics, or GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Mary Lou just hijacked feminism for a few political points

And wow did the ladies fall for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Extremely unpopular opinions (now that I've discovered this thread is still alive):

- I've enjoyed/am enjoying lockdown and have no issues with it continuing (noting that I'm lucky to have a job I can work from home).
    - Festivals/concerts numbers should be slashed, the days of thousands of people (usually drinking) gathered in a field should be over.
    - Same for pubs/clubs, numbers should be limited. Should be no more shoulder to shoulder pubs/clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Extremely unpopular opinions (now that I've discovered this thread is still alive):

- I've enjoyed/am enjoying lockdown and have no issues with it continuing (noting that I'm lucky to have a job I can work from home).
    - Festivals/concerts numbers should be slashed, the days of thousands of people (usually drinking) gathered in a field should be over.
    - Same for pubs/clubs, numbers should be limited. Should be no more shoulder to shoulder pubs/clubs.

My unpopular opinion is that i agree with your unpopular opinions...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Id consider that quite unpopular, as someone in my very early 30s, I cant wait to be 3 deep at the bar, in a packed club or with thousands of others buckled at a festival, every second of this lockdown has been torture for my social life

Id consider that quite unpopular, as someone in my very early 30s, I cant wait to be 3 deep at the bar, in a packed club or with thousands of others buckled at a festival, every second of this lockdown has been torture for my social life

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Boards should have an annual purge where you can say whatever the f**k you want to anyone for 24hrs without penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was there in my 20s, stuck in the thick of it myself, and thinking back, I never actually liked it. I much preferred the house before going out or the quiet bar where you could chat with no distractions (tvs, bands, other usually drunk and annoying people). Now, I look back on it all and see the germs. I don't want to, but I do. I was already turning into a hermit, but covid has made me get a blowtorch to seal the door so I can't get out.

Each to their own and all that, but my days of festivals, concerts, pubs and clubs is all but over. I'm dreading being invited to a wedding, but at least you can keep somewhat of a distance with them.

A possibly not very unpopular opinion, weddings should be family and close friends only.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KissMeArse

Horse racing isn't a sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

There are far too many people having children. The world is so overpopulated.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭UI_Paddy

That wouldn't be feasible economically. Licensing fees for venues and events like these don't come cheap, and if they were to operate on say 50% capacity prices for admission and drinks would need to be raised, which would drive people away more. These events also bring in a lot of taxes.

By the looks of things it will take some time, but once the vast majority of this country has been vaccinated and the number of COVID cases has been reduced to a negligible amount on a consistent basis life will have to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I was there in my 20s, stuck in the thick of it myself, and thinking back, I never actually liked it. I much preferred the house before going out or the quiet bar where you could chat with no distractions (tvs, bands, other usually drunk and annoying people). Now, I look back on it all and see the germs. I don't want to, but I do. I was already turning into a hermit, but covid has made me get a blowtorch to seal the door so I can't get out.

Each to their own and all that, but my days of festivals, concerts, pubs and clubs is all but over. I'm dreading being invited to a wedding, but at least you can keep somewhat of a distance with them.

A possibly not very unpopular opinion, weddings should be family and close friends only.

You say "Each to their own and all that" but you have just demanded that society suit your wants. Does not compute tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

There are far too many people having children. The world is so overpopulated.

it isn't Europeans anyway. maybe take your opinion to boards china, india
    see how youfare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,343 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

paw patrol wrote: »
    it isn't Europeans anyway. maybe take your opinion to boards china, india
    see how your fare.

It's their culture.

Advertisement