Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

My neighbour moved recently and put the house next door up for rent. I was driving home from work the other day and there was a couple (or so I thought) in the house looking to rent. I only caught a glimpse of them as they entered but the girl looked absolutely beautiful from a distance.

I had a whole host of impure thoughts.

Turns out that it was a father and daughter and the girl was really young.

I didn't fully realise her age when I saw them first and had an immediate rush of regret as I realised that she cant have been anymore than 17 or 18.

you-dirty-old-man.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Id consider that quite unpopular, as someone in my very early 30s, I cant wait to be 3 deep at the bar, in a packed club or with thousands of others buckled at a festival, every second of this lockdown has been torture for my social life

Even before the pandemic, packed sweaty pubs and night clubs used to disgust me.
    Especially during the summer. I avoided them like the plague if you pardon the pun.
    My arm could be twisted to go to a carvery bar on a Sunday maybe to watch a Super Sunday match, but only if I knew it wouldn't be that packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The Crying Game is a rubbish movie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

KissMeArse wrote: »
    Horse racing isn't a sport.

Neither is rugby or mma

I'm 43. I still love bonbons.

Because f*ck you that's why.

• Advertisement

Neither is rugby or mma

Haha c’mon you know that’s nonsense

Though as you note, yours is an unpopular opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Without knowing him, Stephen Kenny comes across as a bit of a dim bulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

I'm sick of hearing about climate change. I know it's a big deal and we should try not to feck up the planet but I don't get people like Greta. Why care so much about something you can't do anything about?

What does annoy me though are those gobsh1*s who put dog sh1t in plastic bags and hang them off trees. The sh1t washes away in the rain, plastic bags don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

With the controversy of the school skipping the queue for covid vaccines, I think that both teachers and other essential workers should be priority in getting the vaccine anyway. They should be before the over 70's in a healthy condition and able to isolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,291 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He is very inarticulate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

With the controversy of the school skipping the queue for covid vaccines, I think that both teachers and other essential workers should be priority in getting the vaccine anyway. They should be before the over 70's in a healthy condition and able to isolate.

I think teachers are massive moanholes who gave less than most during this pandemic.

If a person is so unhappy in their own skin that they feel the need to undergo a sex change then perhaps it isnt their gender that is the issue.

If he doesnt get his first win tonight he'll be called a lot worse than a dim bulb

Haha c’mon you know that’s nonsense

Though as you note, yours is an unpopular opinion

The statement that horse racing isnt a sport is nonsense too.

MMA is legalised barbarism and there's practically zero skill in the game of Rugby from what I can make out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Neither is rugby or mma

This is correct. Neither rugby nor MMA are sports. Cricket isn't a sport either. Nor is cycling (you're just riding a bike lmao, even I can do that). And as for tennis - don't even get me started. Hitting a ball across a net isn't a sport.

The only actual sports are the ones that I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

.anon. wrote: »
    This is correct. Neither rugby nor MMA are sports. Cricket isn't a sport either. Nor is cycling (you're just riding a bike lmao, even I can do that). And as for tennis - don't even get me started. Hitting a ball across a net isn't a sport.

..and they are?

Yeah. Pretty much.

The person that didn't like racing said the same thing.

Odhinn wrote: »
    ..and they are?

Formula 1, pre-2000. It stopped being a sport around the time that I stopped enjoying it. Soccer is sometimes a sport, depending on who's playing and whether I care about either team. Also, snooker, depending on whether O'Sullivan is playing. If he's playing, it's a sport. If it's Dott v Ebdon, it's not a sport.

Formula 1, pre-2000. It stopped being a sport around the time that I stopped enjoying it. Soccer is sometimes a sport, depending on who's playing and whether I care about either team. Also, snooker, depending on whether O'Sullivan is playing. If he's playing, it's a sport. If it's Dott v Ebdon, it's not a sport.

well no decent human being could disagree with your last line , thats for sure

watching peter ebdon is masochism , not sport

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    well no decent human being could disagree with your last line , thats for sure

watching peret ebdon is masochism , not sport

That's what I feel like when Rugby is on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

I think Mary McAleese is abusing her position as a former President. Too many public comments, using her former status as leverage.

they should be ahead of those who works in the HSE who are not dealing with the public as well

Too many people are afraid to say Covid has been a god send for them. Extra lie on in the morning rather than travelling to work for many in public service jobs. Saving money, more family time, people not that concerned with travel etc. Those in relationships.

If like me, your single, it's a nightmare.

That's what I feel like when Rugby is on

my other half is from Limerick and loves rugby , im luke warm on it though i can enjoy a quality match, same with hurling , i dont give a sh1t about hurling but il stick with a great match towards the climax of the all ireland etc

I think Mary McAleese is abusing her position as a former President. Too many public comments, using her former status as leverage.

I don't think so at all. Although if she was saying stuff that I disagreed with, it would be a disgraceful abuse of her position as a former Uachtarán na hÉireann.

I don't think so at all. Although if she was saying stuff that I disagreed with, it would be a disgraceful abuse of her position as a former Uachtarán na hÉireann.

anything she says is meat and drink to the liberal media

shes an insufferable dose , even more insufferable than her predecessor Robbo which is saying something

Well that's it. I feel whether you agree or not she shouldn't be commenting. Mary Robinson is far more dignified IMO.

Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"shup up woman that I don't like".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sometimes kids and teenagers have bad anxiety about things and it's mainly brought on by their parents blowing stuff out of all proportion and taking things to seriously.

Advertisement