Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Heard a politician tweet today that shay Healys songs influenced a generation of Irish music

No they didn’t

That’s not an insult

RIP shay he one of the good ones

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Bressie thinks he's a millenial who has it tough.

Bressie is 40 and bought a house and was acting like he was a young 20 something squeezed out of the housing market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Bressie thinks he's a millenial who has it tough.

Bressie is 40 and bought a house and was acting like he was a young 20 something squeezed out of the housing market.

Bressie is one of our most insufferable names.

Meant to be a beacon of hope on his mental health crusade.

Drive yeh to fooking drink, the lad..

A career out of misery!

He seems to be an attention seeker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

walshb wrote: »
    Bressie is one of our most insufferable names.

Meant to be a beacon of hope on his mental health crusade.

Drive yeh to fooking drink, the lad..

A career out of misery!

That guy is depressed that he is too young to have been in The Smiths.
    I feel depressed listening to the fcuker. He is a health hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

He seems to be an attention seeker.

Did a show in my local boozer before, off his tits on something and clearly drunk, started pontificating to everyone about mental health and about young people drinking too much, needless to say the publican went and had a word when he brought out that gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Remember when he was on the Voice and talking about "real music" and then he releases a song autotuned to the tits.

JimmyVik wrote: »
    That guy is depressed that he is too young to have been in The Smiths.
    I feel depressed listening to the fcuker. He is a health hazard.

Unfortunately for him he’s neither Morrissey or marr in terms of ability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Unfortunately for him he’s neither Morrissey or marr in terms of ability

Closer to Marty Morrissey

Did a show in my local boozer before, off his tits on something and clearly drunk, started pontificating to everyone about mental health and about young people drinking too much, needless to say the publican went and had a word when he brought out that gem.

A musician/band at pub level has one job and only one .....sell booze , if you play and sales are low , then you’re inferior to a band that increase sales .

Bressie needs to tell young people to drink more if he want to conquer the local pub market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,495 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I dislike soda bread and the bread that often accompanies soup and chowder here. It looks and tastes like prison bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

multiculturalism in Ireland will lead to ethnic block voting in Ireland and parties offering appeasement policies to capture the vote of certain communities.

Similar in a way to the sh1t in the USA to gain the "black" vote for example.
    This will lead to corruption and utter sh1te policies that fracture society.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

paw patrol wrote: »
    multiculturalism in Ireland will lead to ethnic block voting in Ireland and parties offering appeasement policies to capture the vote of certain communities.

Similar in a way to the sh1t in the USA to gain the "black" vote for example.
    This will lead to corruption and utter sh1te policies that fracture society.

Be long time before you have to worry about this

I hope to be alive for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,853 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"you just put your hand on a gun, sir."

Question: at what point in this interaction would you have expected them to blow this person away if they weren't white and claiming to be a police officer ("Double Blue")?

https://www.facebook.com/vernonjdot/videos/10102234994016139

I don't put it past the 20 second mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Overheal wrote: »
    "you just put your hand on a gun, sir."

Question: at what point in this interaction would you have expected them to blow this person away if they weren't white and claiming to be a police officer ("Double Blue")?

https://www.facebook.com/vernonjdot/videos/10102234994016139

I don't put it past the 20 second mark.

Its getting like the little scumbags around Dublin now.
    Everyone who acts like they are above the law gets away with it.
    Just answer back to the cops and hold up your phone and you can do what you like.

If that was last week they would have just shot him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Elon Musk is not the second coming. He is a weirdo who is out to make a buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Elon Musk is not the second coming. He is a weirdo who is out to make a buck.

He’s a conman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,853 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Its getting like the little scumbags around Dublin now.
    Everyone who acts like they are above the law gets away with it.
    Just answer back to the cops and hold up your phone and you can do what you like.

If that was last week they would have just shot him :)

I'm just going to yell double blue when I interact with police in the future.

When they try to charge me with some type of fraud for doing so, just say it's something I saw someone say to a cop once and they let him get away with murder [metaphorically]. Wonder if they'd want that case to go to press, having to admit they went softer on me before they realized I had only parroted the phrase. :)

That said in other cases it's often said 'well they were justified in killing him because what if he drove off he could hurt anyone else' - and what do we see in that video? A jaw dropping gob smacking display of how broken the police state is.

• Advertisement

It happened fairly rapidly in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Bressie is boring and into himself. He thinks he’s something special which he’s not. His music is crap also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Unpopular Opinion: Heard a snippet of an ad for the Irish Times this morning. "Another racial killing by police in the US", as if police officers in America are shooting non-white people for just being non-white, when the reality is that it is 100% in response to some form of criminality occurring. The Irish Time has regressed to tabloid journalism.

Unpopular Opinion: The settlement of €23.5 million to Kameela Kuye against the HSE, made without admission of liability, is just too much money. Are we, as a country, so wealthy that we can pay out so much money in this case? You get the feeling that the HSE couldn't care less that the tax payers have to pay this record-breaking settlement. This has nothing to do with the family being Nigerian, but more so the amount of these awards recently due to HSE negligence.

Unpopular Opinion: The Nigerian gang living in Ireland who are responsible for a multi-million euro criminal entreprise, and whom 2 members of the cell were arrested yesterday as part of "Operation Skein"; how about deporting them?

Unpopular Opinion: Fine Gael, in their regressive actions against fundamental rights in this country, is an appalling alternative to the far-left parties who can only dream of getting these same policies passed under their platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Kivaro wrote: »
    Unpopular Opinion: Heard a snippet of an ad for the Irish Times this morning. "Another racial killing by police in the US", as if police officers in America are shooting non-white people for just being non-white, when the reality is that it is 100% in response to some form of criminality occurring. The Irish Time has regressed to tabloid journalism.

Unpopular Opinion: The settlement of €23.5 million to Kameela Kuye against the HSE, made without admission of liability, is just too much money. Are we, as a country, so wealthy that we can pay out so much money in this case? You get the feeling that the HSE couldn't care less that the tax payers have to pay this record-breaking settlement. This has nothing to do with the family being Nigerian, but more so the amount of these awards recently due to HSE negligence.

Unpopular Opinion: The Nigerian gang living in Ireland who are responsible for a multi-million euro criminal entreprise, and whom 2 members of the cell were arrested yesterday as part of "Operation Skein"; how about deporting them?

Unpopular Opinion: Fine Gael, in their regressive actions against fundamental rights in this country, is an appalling alternative to the far-left parties who can only dream of getting these same policies passed under their platform.

I'm sensing a common theme running through your unpopular opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Other countries are far too obsessed with news from the US.
    Anyone who has lived in America will tell you that the yanks are for the most part extremely provincial, it may be one big country but people don't really give a hoot about anything happening outside their own state or area that doesn't directle effect them.

There are so many endless threads on Boards about US current affairs, endless stories on RTE also. It has got to the point where the average Irish person is probably more invested in US current affairs and politics than the average American.

Let the US sort out their own problems and we'll sort out ours.

Bressie is boring and into himself. He thinks he’s something special which he’s not. His music is crap also.

That's hardly an unpopular opinion outside of RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

If I could thank your post twice I would. I understand it for foreign policy issues but the amount of coverage stuff like US gun control, Racial issues and supreme court judges get is absurd. Like seriously why do people in Ireland give a fcuk it's not something we can impact in any way or that has any effect on your life. How much coverage is given to the politics or policies of China, Japan, Russia, India etc in comparison. The way people talk in this country it's like they are actually living there, I absolutely despise when people try to cast blanket asperations about "The west" when in reality they just mean America.

Kivaro wrote: »

Despite never holding complete power, Fine Gael pulled this country back from the brink 3 times in the past few decades. Would you have rather the country went over the edge?

This country could do with a lot worse than electing Fine Gael into dominance for a while even if it means breaking a few unions and dole cheats eggs.

How are they against fundamental rights? How did a gay person from an immigrant family raise to the top of the party if they are against human rights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sports and all that goes with it is generally a “male” thing.

The majority of women I know have 0% interest in sport and the minority, like myself, that do like it have their fix of elite sport more than met by the top level men’s game.

They’ve touted the attendances at ladies GAA All Ireland Finals the last few years. The brunt of these numbers were GAA clubs nationwide getting cheap tickets, dragging armies of bored underage camogie players to Croke Park for a below average offering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Sports and all that goes with it is generally a “male” thing.

The majority of women I know have 0% interest in sport and the minority, like myself, that do like it have their fix of elite sport more than met by the top level men’s game.

They’ve touted the attendances at ladies GAA All Ireland Finals the last few years. The brunt of these numbers were GAA clubs nationwide getting cheap tickets, dragging armies of bored underage camogie players to Croke Park for a below average offering.

I happened across the Semi Finals about 2 years ago...about 300 people at it.

This obsession with getting women's sport visible in an attempt to drive more women into sport is a joke....you'd swear girls and women were incapable of knowing how to spend their time or money.

It does however give a cohort of activists an opportunity to shout misogynist at anyone who dares to point out the blatant obvious!!!

Advertisement