Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I agree.
    A flawed diamond geezer.
    With poll ratings Mehole and Varadkar would stab each other in the front for.
    He does exactly what it says on the tin.

Does the tin say 'continually lies and constantly u-turns'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I am indeed.
    I like to go to a football or hurling final.
    Most of the dross that comes before it though I can skip.
    So id rather buy a ticket off a tout or the local club tout for the all-ireland that suffer through the rest of the year of the GAA. Thats like a penance you do to get your ticket for the big games. I'll stick to the one and done myself thankyou :)

Which brings me to another unpopular opinion.
    Until you get to the very late stages, GAA matches are mostly bore fests and one sided. You get the odd exception, but its rare.

Some journeys are far more fun than others, depends on who you follow i suppose.

Sure in that case one could argue that removing touts will mean the tickets will stay in the hands of those that are part of clubs and attend more as they will be in the right circles.

For me thats a +1 on the end of the tout.

Mind you I have never needed a scalper for tickets so maybe i am biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Some journeys are far more fun than others, depends on who you follow i suppose.

Sure in that case one could argue that removing touts will mean the tickets will stay in the hands of those that are part of clubs and attend more as they will be in the right circles.

For me thats a +1 on the end of the tout.

Mind you I have never needed a scalper for tickets so maybe i am biased.

Most of the GAA touts are people i know in the clubs.

Easy to come by a ticket when the time comes. Just flash the cash and you are in :)

I agree.
    A flawed diamond geezer.
    With poll ratings Mehole and Varadkar would stab each other in the front for.
    He does exactly what it says on the tin.
    Brexit-hating Boris-bashers in the Irish media like Fintan O'Toole must cry themselves to sleep every night.

What does it say on the tin???

I actually don't hate Boris at all - but to call him anything special is a stretch.

I mean really Brexit is an ongoing farce, UK still had one of the worst responses to Covid. Mind you the vaccine rollout has been top notch so kudos there.

People talk about india with its 300k cases and 2.5k deaths. If compared to the UK it would need 1.3 Million + cases a day and 42K + deaths

So even in crisis india is doing better than the UK did at its worst.

In general I think people probably attribute more good and bad to him that he worthy of at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

BJ is a classic bull****ter completely devoid of any ideology or moral compass. He just wants to be everyone's friend or "chum". Hates hard decisions and just goes with the most popular. A serial liar and cheater- and not very good at it but yet gets away with it.

Brexit was classic. He was actually still deciding whether to fall under pro or remain up to the last moment as he wanted to see where public opinion was at. In other words he had no firm positon like he has no firm position on anything. An empty vessel.

The perfect PM and a perfect reflection of the UK.

Our lad went to the zoo yesterday to look at the giraffes

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 31 Ollie Cromwell

Does the tin say 'continually lies and constantly u-turns'?

It currently says leading the opposition in the opinion polls by double digits more than a year after guiding his party to a massive general election win and the most popular choice for Prime Minister after organising the most successful Covid vaccination programme in Europe

Marvellous

• Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

some people can be very unsubtle in their choice of username.

It currently says leading the opposition in the opinion polls by double digits more than a year after guiding his party to a massive general election win and the most popular choice for Prime Minister after organising the most successful Covid vaccination programme in Europe

Marvellous

Took the UK being run by and born and bred yank before they could be happy with a PM i suppose.

What does it say on the tin???

I actually don't hate Boris at all - but to call him anything special is a stretch.

I mean really Brexit is an ongoing farce, UK still had one of the worst responses to Covid. Mind you the vaccine rollout has been top notch so kudos there.

People talk about india with its 300k cases and 2.5k deaths. If compared to the UK it would need 1.3 Million + cases a day and 42K + deaths

So even in crisis india is doing better than the UK did at its worst.

In general I think people probably attribute more good and bad to him that he worthy of at all.

He's a politician.
    People elected him to do a job not take Confession.
    The opinion polls show the British public and lots of traditional Labour supporters think he's doing a pretty good job.
    Project Fear has proven to be a massive lie, the City of London still prospers, the UK still attracts more inward investment than any other country in Europe and Britain's prospects going forward are cause for massive optimism.
    This is not the story you will read in the Irish media but when has that been anything other than an arm of the Irish establishment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

BJ is a classic bull****ter completely devoid of any ideology or moral compass. He just wants to be everyone's friend or "chum". Hates hard decisions and just goes with the most popular. A serial liar and cheater- and not very good at it but yet gets away with it.

Brexit was classic. He was actually still deciding whether to fall under pro or remain up to the last moment as he wanted to see where public opinion was at. In other words he had no firm positon like he has no firm position on anything. An empty vessel.

The perfect PM and a perfect reflection of the UK.

BJ is like a posh eaton educated Fianna Fail,er , a self serving opportunist who would sell his own mother to further his interests

time will tell however if Brexit was a good or bad idea , the uk is a large economy and it might do perfectly fine outside the EU ? , we wont know for at least a decade at which point Borris will be gone

• Advertisement

Took the UK being run by and born and bred yank before they could be happy with a PM i suppose.

It's actually being run by more ethnic minorities than any other country in Europe.
    Sikhs,Jews,Hindus and Catholics are all represented in the Cabinet.

He's a politician.
    People elected him to do a job not take Confession.
    The opinion polls show the British public and lots of traditional Labour supporters think he's doing a pretty good job.
    Project Fear has proven to be a massive lie, the City of London still prospers, the UK still attracts more inward investment than any other country in Europe and Britain's prospects going forward are cause for massive optimism.
    This is not the story you will read in the Irish media but when has that been anything other than an arm of the Irish establishment ?

You'll have to find something to back up that claim of more investment that X, Y or Z haha. I think you might be making that one up.

What was project fear?

The UK are generally a poorly educated bunch with short memories, so vaccine will be the only memory.

He has done a great job with the vaccine rollout for sure.

It's actually being run by more ethnic minorities than any other country in Europe.
    Sikhs,Jews,Hindus and Catholics are all represented in the Cabinet.

Didn't realise a white skinned yank from New York was an ethnic minority now?? When did this happen.

IN fairness when the UK plundered a third of the world they did bring some of the heritage back. Only fair those sectors be represented.

Looking at Boris' early years in Eaton and Oxford it's clear he was destined to lead from the start. Schools captain and leader over and over in highly prestigious schools.

Out leader went to the zoo yesterday

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    BJ is like a posh eaton educated Fianna Fail,er , a self serving opportunist who would sell his own mother to further his interests

time will tell however if Brexit was a good or bad idea , the uk is a large economy and it might do perfectly fine outside the EU ? , we wont know for at least a decade at which point Borris will be gone

Name me any other politician who isn't a self-serving opportunist.
    Boris actually took a pay cut to become Prime Minister and he must have some alimony to pay ...

Name me any other politician who isn't a self-serving opportunist.
    Boris actually took a pay cut to become Prime Minister and he must have some alimony to pay ...

Didn't pushing brexit through protect all his cash in the caymans? Sure minor pay cut to avoid the multi million tax bill is a good exchange.

Good American style business.

Didn't realise a white skinned yank from New York was an ethnic minority now?? When did this happen.

IN fairness when the UK plundered a third of the world they did bring some of the heritage back. Only fair those sectors be represented.

Absolutely.
    It's why the UK has the second-best record on race relations in Europe and Ireland has the second-worst.
    Multi-culturalism is old hat in Blighty.
    Less so here.

Didn't pushing brexit through protect all his cash in the caymans? Sure minor pay cut to avoid the multi million tax bill is a good exchange.

Even you must see the irony in an Irish person talking about tax avoidance ...

By pushing through do you mean following the results of the vote?

You would swear all of these elites didn't become elites until Brexit.

Absolutely.
    It's why the UK has the second-best record on race relations in Europe and Ireland has the second-worst.
    Multi-culturalism is old hat in Blighty.
    Less so here.

Where did you find this information.

I understood only America surpasses the UK in racism - then again the minorities were the ones saying this, maybe their opinions don't matter?

• Advertisement

EddieN75 wrote: »
    By pushing through do you mean following the results of the vote?

You would swear all of these elites didn't become elites until Brexit.

Ah yeah, Brexit was voted for democratically and no issues there, nothing wrong with highlighting a mans reason for supporting it.

I mean you seemed annoyed someone went to the zoo earlier..... Bit laughable to attack a zoo visit and protect tax evasion.

Ah yeah, Brexit was voted for democratically and no issues there, nothing wrong with highlighting a mans reason for supporting it.

I mean you seemed annoyed someone went to the zoo earlier..... Bit laughable to attack a zoo visit and protect tax evasion.

Tax evasion or tax avoidance?

Michael Martin went to the zoo yesterday

You'll have to find something to back up that claim of more investment that X, Y or Z haha. I think you might be making that one up.

What was project fear?

The UK are generally a poorly educated bunch with short memories, so vaccine will be the only memory.

He has done a great job with the vaccine rollout for sure.

Poorly educated ?
    The UK has seven universities in the world's top 30.
    Ireland doesn't even appear in the top 100.

Poorly educated ?
    The UK has seven universities in the world's top 30.
    Ireland doesn't even appear in the top 100.

An awful pity that the majority of the population never attend these wonderfully prestigious institutes.

Hell We probably have more Uni attenders than UK has A level participants Haha.

It must be one of the worst educated modern societies by now.

Tax evasion or tax avoidance?

Michael Martin went to the zoo yesterday

You do seem very upset MM went to the zoo. Not sure what the big issue with that is.

Imagine how we would have railed if he has Cayman islands accounts...

Oh the sad attempts to have a go at MM - honestly given how useless he is surely you can find something better than a zoo trip to complain about...

Where did you find this information.

I understood only America surpasses the UK in racism - then again the minorities were the ones saying this, maybe their opinions don't matter?

I found it in an EU-sponsored survey.
    I can't post the URL as I'm a newbie but it's called Being Black in the EU and was published in 2019.
    You can Google extensive coverage of it in the media.
    Of course Blighty was still in the EU in 2019.

An awful pity that the majority of the population never attend these wonderfully prestigious institutes.

The fact the you're unable/unwilling to provide any evidence to support your theory rather renders your opinion on educational standards superfluous don't you think ?
    Never mind the appalling grammar and punctuation ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Looking at Boris' early years in Eaton and Oxford it's clear he was destined to lead from the start. Schools captain and leader over and over in highly prestigious schools.

It is a self perpetuating closed circle. It's not like he got there on merit- good old fashioned "pull". When you are in you are in for life.

You do seem very upset MM went to the zoo. Not sure what the big issue with that is.

Imagine how we would have railed if he has Cayman islands accounts...

Oh the sad attempts to have a go at MM - honestly given how useless he is surely you can find something better than a zoo trip to complain about...

So tax evasion or avoidance?
    Do you want to continue to skirt around topics that you yourself brought up yet clearly have no knowledge on or do you want to call it a day?

Maybe head to the zoo with MM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Well, there is a strong arguement that would suggest that in Ireland we place far too much empahsis on university. Getting into university in Ireland is the easy part and a deluge of BA or BComm graduates does not make us more "educated".

We have far too many social science graduates, lawyers, accountants and stock brokers.

We need more engineers and scientists- graduates that will make a realy difference not more effing BComm wannabe bankers.

Advertisement