Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

The fact the you're unable/unwilling to provide any evidence to support your theory rather renders your opinion on educational standards superfluous don't you think ?
    Never mind the appalling grammar and punctuation ...

No not really, you have yet to support any statement you have made here... Feel free to roll back the posts and correct this if you are so inclined.

Good grammar was more important in school, which thankfully more people in Ireland attend than is the case in the UK.

I often think its this higher level of education that allows us to be less bitter and angry than the average brit.

EddieN75 wrote: »
    So tax evasion or avoidance?
    Do you want to continue to skirt around topics that you yourself brought up yet clearly have no knowledge on or do you want to call it a day?

Maybe head to the zoo with MM

Whichever one fits the definition the Eu had pur on the Caymans, I understand there was a legal change in Feb last year that would have cost Bojo a pretty penny.

So whichever term you find fits that specific reasoning better you may use.

You still angry about poor MM and his zoo trip? Why are you so upset?

• Site Banned Posts: 31 Ollie Cromwell

I often think (its) this higher level of education that allows us to be less bitter and angry than the average brit.

Are you sure ?

Are you sure ?

I love when a poster goes after grammar, means they have little if anything better to add.

Just my own opinion mind you, not seen anything to say otherwise.. I just find us more forward thinking. Half the UK still wishes they were in WW2 - a real look over the shoulder mindset i never understood.

Then again that poor education system hardly taught them much of their real history in the world. Guess its not the peoples fault.

• Site Banned Posts: 31 Ollie Cromwell

I love when a poster goes after grammar, means they have little if anything better to add.

Just my own opinion mind you, not seen anything to say otherwise.. I just find us more forward thinking. Half the UK still wishes they were in WW2 - a real look over the shoulder mindset i never understood.

Then again that poor education system hardly taught them much of their real history in the world. Guess its not the peoples fault.

The UK has a population of 60 million people.
    How can you know their average level of intelligence or whether they would all like to be back in the Second World War ?
    This is just a lazy and sweeping generalisation based on your opinion and no facts.

• Advertisement

World debating championship material

If you think so.. Maybe you're onto something.

But that might be a popular opinion and thus be misplaced here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Whichever one fits the definition the Eu had pur on the Caymans, I understand there was a legal change in Feb last year that would have cost Bojo a pretty penny.

So whichever term you find fits that specific reasoning better you may use.

You still angry about poor MM and his zoo trip? Why are you so upset?

You don't understand anything you are trying to talk about. That is the issue here.

Realities and facts are being met with opinion and juvenile insults.

Good luck to ya. Enjoy the zoo

The UK has a population of 60 million people.
    How can you know their average level of intelligence or whether they would all like to be back in the Second World War ?
    This is just a lazy and sweeping generalisation based on your opinion and no facts.

You should practice your reading, then take a look at the title of the thread you're trolling.

It might help...

You don't understand anything you are trying to talk about. That is the issue here.

Realities and facts are being met with opinion and juvenile insults.

Good luck to ya. Enjoy the zoo

Where was the insult, I merely told you to use the term you with you're greater knowledge can apply to the use of offshore accounts to avoid paying tax.

Now your hating me for going to the Zoo??? Is it the zoo you hate?

As I mentioned to Ollie, this is literally the "Unpopular opinions" thread. Maybe you got lost here on the way to a better discussion.

Guess since nobody has been able to provide anything to change my opinion it must be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I cannot identify the opinion being opined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Why in the name of jesus titty fcukin christ are we sending aid to the 5th biggest economy in the world with it's own space and nuclear programmes, there must be something seriously wrong with the Indians that they leave people to die on the streets while prioritising spending on seeing the moon a little closer and having nuclear weapons to play with

Why in the name of jesus titty fcukin christ are we sending aid to the 5th biggest economy in the world with it's own space and nuclear programmes, there must be something seriously wrong with the Indians that they leave people to die on the streets while prioritising spending on seeing the moon a little closer and having nuclear weapons to play with

The two biggest populations in the world are separated only by the Himalayas, have completely different societies and governments, and have had border skirmishes up until very recently.

It's hardly surprising that Asia's two biggest players are acting out their own space race, and frankly, India spends so little on it, it's hardly a thing in a country of over 1.3bn people and a GDP of 2.8tr.

I mostly agree with the aid argument, but then countries that have wasted far more money still receive it. And I think if a billion people can't come together and throw in a couple of dollars to go to space, even if poor, what's the point.

It isn't money thrown into the ocean either. It's high tech jobs and support of cutting edge industries. Space programs always drive countries forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

No harm keeping India on side.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Name me any other politician who isn't a self-serving opportunist.
    Boris actually took a pay cut to become Prime Minister and he must have some alimony to pay ...

Living or dead?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Amazon = Ebay++

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

I think the Covid crisis has been managed very well in this country, and that people whining don't know what they're whining about - it's just their default position.

Ireland is such a great place to live. Indian guy at work is astounded at the benefits available. You'd need to be well off to live like that in India.

I'm glad there are such state supports here, as it's not right for people to be let fend for themselves no matter how poor. But the lack of gratitude/perspective from some is extraordinary at times.

Ireland is such a great place to live. Indian guy at work is astounded at the benefits available. You'd need to be well off to live like that in India.

I'm glad there are such state supports here, as it's not right for people to be let fend for themselves no matter how poor. But the lack of gratitude/perspective from some is extraordinary at times.

What is introduced as a gift quickly becomes a right. Such is life.

We have free healthcare (sure you can go private if you like too), free education (some even get paid to go), good employment rights, solid unemployment assistance, low violence society, housing supports etc. etc. etc.

Sure now people think they have a right to a free house, in the center of Dublin city or maybe overlooking dunloaighre harbour.

I think the Covid crisis has been managed very well in this country, and that people whining don't know what they're whining about - it's just their default position.

I don't think you can make that determination yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Indians are lovely, they’re so well integrated now in engineering and IT they it’s only when they take holidays to go home and marry a stranger you really notice a cultural difference :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

I don't think you can make that determination yet.

You can definitely make that determination about the whiners

You can definitely make that determination about the whiners

Isn't everyone a whinger at certain times? Unless you've achieved absolute oneness with the universe of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Jeremy Sproket

If a person is found to be speeding in the lead up to an accident, they and they alone should be held accountable regardless of what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If a person is found to be speeding in the lead up to an accident, they and they alone should be held accountable regardless of what happened.

No , holding a good driver going over the speed limit for a crash caused by an absolute dufus helps nobody and empowers gob****es

I'd disagree - sure they should be done for it but if the other party did something stupid they should suffer accordingly.

2 people in the wrong - they can sort their own cars out and let that be the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

What absolute nonsense. You must be one of those myriad Irish drivers who pull out of small country side roads onto major 100 kph roads in front of oncomming traffic and expect them to do an emergency brake to avoid hitting you.

Isn't everyone a whinger at certain times? Unless you've achieved absolute oneness with the universe of course.
    But obviously some whinge far more than others. There are people who complain about anything whatsoever - just for the sake of it.

And those who make sh1t up when struggling to find something to whinge about - e.g. those who say the people in old folks' homes were "killed by the government".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Throwing lycra on and going for a cycle does not make you an Athlete :)

Not true, I don't whinge - I shout my opinions down others throats until they give up and accept them....

Maybe I am at oneness with the universe, currently can only find 1 shoe and need to go out

• Advertisement

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Throwing lycra on and going for a cycle does not make you an Athlete :)

Many lycra wearing cyclists actively compete in racing or Tri so are actually athletes. :D:D:D

Advertisement