Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

The LGBT movement has infiltrated LEGO now, and it's gone completely out of hand. They shouldn't be exposing children to it at all, especially when they aren't educated about the natural reproductive system until their teens.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/everyone-is-awesome-40516

You'll be glad to know it's been sold as a product for ages 18+ so

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ah stop exposing my children to purple and light blue LEGO! Ah!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The LGBT movement has infiltrated LEGO now, and it's gone completely out of hand. They shouldn't be exposing children to it at all, especially when they aren't educated about the natural reproductive system until their teens.

Furthermore, my work-place does a good bit of work with secondary school children, teaching them about history, and going by the fact that none of them seem to know how to construct and send emails correctly (something that pretty much everyone needs to know in adulthood and when you enter the workplace), it seems that actual important life skills aren't been taught ahead of this PC nonsense.

Lol, it doesn’t impact you in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

The LGBT movement has infiltrated LEGO now, and it's gone completely out of hand. They shouldn't be exposing children to it at all

LGBT people exist everywhere, though. Would you want parents to avert their children's eyes from a gay couple holding hands in public?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Islamic lego will be next.

Build a minaret, push the lgbt lego man off it.

Little lego bush for the Jew to hide behind in the final days.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

85603 wrote: »
    Islamic lego will be next.

Build a minaret, push the lgbt lego man off it.

Little lego bush for the Jew to hide behind in the final days.

How about a Christian-themed lego set featuring the Phelps family picketing a funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Sakana wrote: »
    How about a Christian-themed lego set featuring the Phelps family picketing a funeral?

oooh you cant say that about a religion.

oh no wait. its only...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

LGBT people exist everywhere, though. Would you want parents to avert their children's eyes from a gay couple holding hands in public?

Can gay Lego hold hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Ignoring the subtext that actually looks cool, might get it myself.

(Id leave off the black, brown, white, and one of the blue guys though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,337 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Meh, corporate giant hopping on a bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The vaccine rollout in Ireland is great.
    The health bosses made the right call doing it the way they did without giving into pressure from some groups like teachers.
    I'm happy to wait my turn in an age based system.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Clearly gay people should be hidden in basements and never spoken of.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Why LGBT and not simply Gay

• Registered Users Posts: 23,732 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

GT89 wrote: »
    Why LGBT and not simply Gay

Why no Lesbians?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

pjohnson wrote: »
    Why no Lesbians?

Gay can refer to a man or woman

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Posts deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I think it might just be a special addition that people are under no obligation to buy. Not worth getting outraged about.

While i don't have to buy it , my kids love lego and may want it.
    so it's not as simple as you make it out. But i think you knew that.

It's not the same thing and you know it . a stupid argument.
    anyway it's not even about gays it has the pronoun nonsense in it too which means its selling the wider alphabet soup progressive leftie sh1te.

Brian? wrote: »

that's not the case.
    It clearly an agenda aimed at kids, a soft propaganda into the whole world of LGBT (which gay people are only a subset and not even a vocal one) , instead of letting them just ..well ..play lego like kids.

Why the push for sexuality on kids? it's all the LGBT sexuality too - I don't see any western style family concept push ever...why is that?
    most certainly doesn't have any other agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Brian? wrote: »

Possibly not an unpopular opinion, but this post epitomizes much of the reasoning prevalent on Boards.

Always jump to the extreme when it suits your argument. Disregard any nuance or shades of grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Have I missed something re. the Lego set?

Is it not just a lot of differently coloured Lego figures with matching coloured blocks?

No sexual connotations at all?

What possible damage could that do to a child?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Choochtown wrote: »
    Have I missed something re. the Lego set?

Is it not just a lot of differently coloured Lego figures with matching coloured blocks?

No sexual connotations at all?

What possible damage could that do to a child?

It might turn them gay apparently which is the worst thing a person can be according to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I looked at some pictures of the Lego set for five minutes the other day and started fantasising about having a tongue sandwich with Liberace. I reckon if I'd spent even a couple of minutes more looking at those pictures, I'd be down behind the public toilets in Grafton Street sucking dick for money right now! It's a slippery slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

I looked at some pictures of the Lego set for five minutes the other day and started fantasising about having a tongue sandwich with Liberace. I reckon if I'd spent even a couple of minutes more looking at those pictures, I'd be down behind the public toilets in Grafton Street sucking dick for money right now! It's a slippery slope.

Top tip:
    When performing fellatio, always remember to clear the lego (gay or straight) from the floor first, in order to protect the knees.

Hope you remembered to declare your pronouns before fornicating, you wouldn't want any misunderstandings lest there was uncomfortableness once the passion dissipated

paw patrol wrote: »

anyway it's not even about gays it has the pronoun nonsense in it too which means its selling the wider alphabet soup progressive leftie sh1te.

that's not the case.
    It clearly an agenda aimed at kids, a soft propaganda into the whole world of LGBT (which gay people are only a subset and not even a vocal one) , instead of letting them just ..well ..play lego like kids.

Why the push for sexuality on kids? it's all the LGBT sexuality too - I don't see any western style family concept push ever...why is that?

Without even getting into teaching kids how to talk about their genitals in case someone touches them and they need to be able to talk about it, to teaching kids from an early age about universal kindness, self-esteem and sex positivity, etc. - did you not notice the set was Ages 18+? LEGO isn't pushing this set on kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Overheal wrote: »
    Without even getting into teaching kids how to talk about their genitals in case someone touches them and they need to be able to talk about it, to teaching kids from an early age about universal kindness, self-esteem and sex positivity, etc. - did you not notice the set was Ages 18+? LEGO isn't pushing this set on kids.

Ah so it's not for kids, it's for losers:pac:

Noble sentiments (geniunely) but that can be thought with exposure to sexualities. the kindness and self esteem is important and let them grow into their sexuality. They can get hit with that in their teens - although I have doubts about the LGBT message being taught to teens at school.
    I'll address this in my next unpopular opinion - so hold off on the rant just yet.
    did you not notice the set was Ages 18+

I'm gonna admit, you got me. cos i did not notice.
    But lego is ageless, certainly in my house we wouldn't look at the age on lego

our hero in this article does'nt say its aim at 18+
    but mentions plenty about childhood , children and classmate.
    not so over 18 and he designed it.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/why-i-designed-everyone-is-awesome

as per above.

I think that gay people are being done a disservice being associated with the LGBT lobby and it's weird and wonderful alphabet mess.

when i say gay people , I mean the regular gay people you meet at work not the celebrity virtual signally type or people making political capital out of it.

I'm gonna admit, you got me. cos i did not notice.
    But lego is ageless, certainly in my house we wouldn't look at the age on lego

our hero in this article does'nt say its aim at 18+
    but mentions plenty about childhood , children and classmate.
    not so over 18 and he designed it.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/why-i-designed-everyone-is-awesome

Oh I get you, but with it being coded 18+ LEGO corp is not going to be marketing it to kids, in their inventory it will be coded differently; and if online shoppers filter by age they'll never see it. If it shows up next to junior sets on a shelf I'd say that would be worth someone's rant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

that's not the case.

No one is pushing sexuality on kids, anymore than seeing heterosexual couples is pushing sexuality on kids.

The point here is to normalise different sexualities so kids don’t grow up confused about their own feelings. There is absolutely nothing wrong with telling kids that being LGBT+ is normal. Because it is.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement