Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

85603 wrote: »
    ive no kids and use them like any other space.

Between 5-6 no special spaces should apply. Kid, handicapped, whatever. Workers coming through. Youve had all day.

You can uses them any time you want, there isn't a fine for it. You're just being ignorant and impolite.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Workers coming through. Youve had all day.

What does this mean? Do you think all parents stay at home all day? The 1950s called, they've been wondering where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Best thing is when the parents starts fighting with each other about the spaces. Most amazing altercation I saw was when a disabled person had parked in the pc bay because the blue badge spaces were all taken.
    Obviously the odd exception but it was an impressive display of entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Brian? wrote: »
    You can uses them any time you want, there isn't a fine for it. You're just being ignorant and impolite.

Least its not hypocritical.

No to discrimination, booo, boo discrimination, boo.

No dont park there. That space is reserved for one particular demographic. Not you.

Least its not hypocritical.

No to discrimination, booo, boo discrimination, boo.

No dont park there. That space is reserved for one particular demographic. Not you.

You really don't understand what discrimination is.

The space is designed for certain customers. You're being politely asked not to use it. If you do there are zero repercussions. But you are being frightfully impolite.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    What does this mean? Do you think all parents stay at home all day? The 1950s called, they've been wondering where you are.

Those staying home have 11 out of 12 hours. (08:00 - 20:00).

If we're giving out discriminatory preferential treatment then the working person, who keeps this shtshow moving, deserves some compassionate preferential treatment too.

He/she may have been on their feet for the last 8 hours.
    Yet the one who was on the sofa for that same time gets the closest spot because they got laid.

You really don't understand what discrimination is.

The space is designed for certain customers. You're being politely asked not to use it. If you do there are zero repercussions. But you are being frightfully impolite.

Whole lot less impolite than certain other (maternal) practices I could mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Whole lot less impolite than certain other (maternal) practices I could mention.

I'm intrigued. Tell me more.

If we're giving out discriminatory preferential treatment then the working person, who keeps this shtshow moving, deserves some compassionate preferential treatment too.

Yet the one who was on the sofa for that same time gets the closest spot because they got laid.

But you're assuming that parents are the ones staying at home. What do you base this on?

I'm intrigued. Tell me more.

Oh gawd, not the breastfeeding rant again..Don't feed the troll! (or the baby apparently) :D

• Advertisement

Still sore about the exposed diddies?

Get over it.

they/them/theirs

Oh gawd, not the breastfeeding rant again..Don't feed the troll! (or the baby apparently) :D

Jesus, I had amnesia for a bit. Apologies, I forgot he was the breastfeeding troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

You should put that in writing, send it to all your local supermarkets and whichever one responds favourably to your opinion, is the one you should do your shopping in.

You should also consider boycotting any shops that give discounts on nappies or baby food, as you can't avail of those discounts and you probably would say that is also discrimination.

Best of all, I'd be unlikely to ever have to be in the same shop as you, which would be a side bonus.

You should put that in writing, send it to all your local supermarkets and whichever one responds favourably to your opinion, is the one you should do your shopping in.

You should also consider boycotting any shops that give discounts on nappies or baby food, as you can't avail of those discounts and you probably would say that is also discrimination.

Best of all, I'd be unlikely to ever have to be in the same shop as you, which would be a side bonus.

Why would I do that, when I can just avail of the discriminatory reserved parking with no regard as to what the chosen ones might think?
    I dont buy nappies or baby food, so dont care if they sell for 99% discount or not.

You share the shop space with me regularly.

But I can sympathize, as there are people who I definitely dont want to see around the shop.

Which brings me to my next opinion.

Burqas/face veils. Ban them. Horrid culture, only worn by extremist sects. Dont need them here.

Moderates welcome. Veil wearers not. And thats for all nationalities and colors before someone? tries.

Why would I do that, when I can just avail of the discriminatory reserved parking with no regard as to what the chosen ones might think?
    I dont buy nappies or baby food, so dont care if they sell for 99% discount or not.

But I can sympathize, as there are people who I definitely dont want to see around the shop.

Burqas/face veils. Ban them. Horrid culture, only worn by extremist sects. Dont need them here.

Moderates welcome. Veil wearers not. And thats for all nationalities and colors before someone? tries.

The reason those spaces are there is because the shops choose to put them there to attract customers with children.
    It makes sense because family shopping bills are usually bigger.
    Your gripe should therefore be directed at the shops themselves.
    But of course, you must be trolling with this nonsense, or you would qualify as a deviant.

Offended by breastfeeding because there's too much on show.

Offended by burkas because there isn't enough on show.

Some people are never happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭cms88

So a lot like many parents outside of schools etc then...

cms88 wrote: »
    So a lot like many parents outside of schools etc then...

Yes. Absolutely

they/them/theirs

Offended by breastfeeding because there's too much on show.

Offended by burkas because there isn't enough on show.

Some people are never happy :D

Full time being offended. Must be exhausting

they/them/theirs

We should join the list of countries banning the burqa/face veil.

Repeating this why?

• Advertisement

Repeating this why?

Because he didn't get anyone to argue with him the last time and he craved some human interaction again.

Repeating this why?

Must have slipped my mind.

Ive contributed several so called 'unpopular opinions' on this thread, and am busy in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Dublin city center at night is just not safe anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Greyfox

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Dublin city center at night is just not safe anymore.

Ive walked around it loads of times at night and never got into danger, you just have to avoid engageing with strangers.

It's misleading when news reports say 600 jobs created, where 300 of those are temporary construction jobs, where no 1 trade is likely to be fully on-site for the duration of the construction project and if anything the work is likely to be carried out by those already considered employed in the industry. And yet these numbers could count towards 'the government created x number of job's' reports.? I'd consider this biased reporting by the media on behalf of the government and possibly a false equivalence.

It's misleading when news reports say 600 jobs created, where 300 of those are temporary construction jobs, where no 1 trade is likely to be fully on-site for the duration of the construction project and if anything the work is likely to be carried out by those already considered employed in the industry. And yet these numbers could count towards 'the government created x number of job's' reports.? I'd consider this biased reporting by the media on behalf of the government and possibly a false equivalence.

Just to add to this they're not reporting '300 jobs have been lost' every time a project finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Just to add to this they're not reporting '300 jobs have been lost' every time a project finishes.

Most reports say "600 jobs will be created during construction with 50 full time jobs once operational" or along those lines.

That's the nature of construction jobs, none are permanent.

Greyfox wrote: »
    Ive walked around it loads of times at night and never got into danger, you just have to avoid engageing with strangers.

So have I. Used to live on Talbot street in fact.
    But it doesnt change the fact that there is a stabbing, glassing or bad beating several times a night in Dublin city center now.
    A few years ago when I lived there I was out every night in the city. Yes there were fights etc, a lot actually, but its a whole new level now.
    You can actually see how bad it has gotten compared to then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

JimmyVik wrote: »
    So have I. Used to live on Talbot street in fact.
    But it doesnt change the fact that there is a stabbing, glassing or bad beating several times a night in Dublin city center now.
    A few years ago when I lived there I was out every night in the city. Yes there were fights etc, a lot actually, but its a whole new level now.
    You can actually see how bad it has gotten compared to then.

The whole country has been locked up in isolation for nearly 18 months not sure how anyone is surprised that when it opens back up That people are drinking in large crowds aren't going to go a bit nuts with a few beers (& whatever else) on them ,

• Advertisement

The whole country has been locked up in isolation for nearly 18 months not sure how anyone is surprised that when it opens back up That people are drinking in large crowds aren't going to go a bit nuts with a few beers (& whatever else) on them ,

Makes for some great tourism videos for sure :)

Advertisement