Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

That any irish person who wears the poppy is a pathetic slavish lickspittle and should be deported.

That anyone who describes themselves as an influencer should be shot and their families interned.
    Looks like this thread is descending into a platform to rant about obvious things.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Doesn't just sound like.

You could almost say its an unpopular opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

stratowide wrote: »
    2 guys at work were waffling about rugby this,scrum that,breakdown the other and other such s***e..

Why do they call them loose head and tight heads sez I..?

Dunno was the answer.

Absolutely 90% haven't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The GAA is preventing Ireland from winning future Olympic medals by poaching young non-nationals from other sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I'm glad Ireland lost this morning. I hate rugby and can't wait for the team to be knocked out. The wall to wall coverage on the radio and TV is tiresome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I'm glad Ireland lost this morning. I hate rugby and can't wait for the team to be knocked out. The wall to wall coverage on the radio and TV is tiresome.

Here here!
    I work in finance in south dublin, telling people yesterday that i was not getting up to watch the rugby as i have zero interest in it, you'd swear i had 2 heads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

retalivity wrote: »
    Here here!
    I work in finance in south dublin, telling people yesterday that i was not getting up to watch the rugby as i have zero interest in it, you'd swear i had 2 heads.
    But can you win one against the head ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I’ve watched it because of all the hype around it. I didn’t want to watch it. The girlfriend watches it. It’s a sport for girls as far as I’m concerned.

I realized last Monday when trying to actually speak with people about it that they are all only pretending to watch it.

Ha wow what a vindictive and petty person you are.

Can’t imagine wishing failure upon fellow Irish men and women trying their best to represent our country, regardless of the sport or whether I’d any interest.

Must not be very nice living so bitterly like you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,334 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Vietnam..Done a north to south trip once.
    Unfriendliest people I've ever come across.

Constantly hassled to buy tat and wont take no for an answer.
    Charging you double/treble the price locals have to pay even when the price is displayed.
    Public buses an example.Having a hissy fit if you call them out on it.
    I get the yankee and French history but no thanks I wont return.

Cambodia..A little bit friendlier but the place is a sh!thole.Its filthy.
    Beautiful beaches and seas ruined with litter.
    Sihanoukville..a stinking cesspit.
    I can still see that toddler taking a sh!ite beside his parents street food stall.

Never again.

You'd earn more in a month than a lot of them would see in a year. To give them credit they all seem to be busy at some enterprise instead of sitting on their holes and getting handouts like many here.
    They got a hard time from French and Yanks, we can't even imagine all the thousands killed, but they don't keep whinging and moaning about it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

I’m never wrong. All my family and friends hate it. But I am never wrong because I am Professor Genius

Can’t imagine wishing failure upon fellow Irish men and women trying their best to represent our country, regardless of the sport or whether I’d any interest.

I don't know what you do for a living but I hope it doesn't involve figuring out what people are like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Vietnam..Done a north to south trip once.
    Unfriendliest people I've ever come across.

Constantly hassled to buy tat and wont take no for an answer.
    Charging you double/treble the price locals have to pay even when the price is displayed.
    Public buses an example.Having a hissy fit if you call them out on it.
    I get the yankee and French history but no thanks I wont return.

Cambodia..A little bit friendlier but the place is a sh!thole.Its filthy.
    Beautiful beaches and seas ruined with litter.
    Sihanoukville..a stinking cesspit.
    I can still see that toddler taking a sh!ite beside his parents street food stall.

Never again.

To be fair, if you lived on less than a dollar a day, you'd be pissed off.

To be fair, if you lived on less than a dollar a day, you'd be pissed off.
    Not if I could live well on it :eek:

I don't know what you do for a living but I hope it doesn't involve figuring out what people are like.

That’s nice

Now do you want to explain to me how what you said wasn’t vindictive?

This is an "unpopular opinions" thread, not an "insult a boardsie" one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Some of the most toxic people in your life are called "family". Not one that is openly acknowledged enough. Its only when you see your friends and co workers and their families that you start to see it. No family is perfect of course but your family members can be absolutely evil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Some of the most toxic people in your life are called "family". Not one that is openly acknowledged enough. Its only when you see your friends and co workers and their families that you start to see it. No family is perfect of course but your family members can be absolutely evil.

I think the social norm of "family is important/family is forever" lets a lot of people push acceptable boundaries in their family because they can justify anything bad as "so what we're family".

This is an "unpopular opinions" thread, not an "insult a boardsie" one.

Yep. That doesn’t make your opinion any less petty and vindictive however; a fact you’re unable to dispute.

I’m sure if you saw people you don’t even know wishing public failure upon you in your career and taking pleasure in your losses you’d probably think them bitter losers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

Urban city dwellers who have pet dogs are cruel, and their hobby of having a dog as 'part of the family' is just to sait their needs over those of their dogs.

Pedigree dogs are a eugenical nightmare.

The dog/cat rehoming industry in Ireland is a con, relieving people of their income to give some contrepreneur a living as a modern day mother Theresa.

Living and working in cities such as NYC, London and Dublin where rent is extortionate and the 12-hour work day is part of the culture is a pyramid scheme. Many buy inti it, most burn out after a few years having given their best years to make others rich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

The dog/cat rehoming industry in Ireland is a con, relieving people of their income to give some contrepreneur a living as a modern day mother Theresa.
    This one's a head scratcher. There are lots of abandoned/mistreated/sick dogs/pups and cats/kittens, and there are people who care about their welfare. That's it - nothing more sinister. So they take them in, nurse them (and have them neutered as a priority - if it's a scam, why are they actively preventing an increase in "product"?) and ask for adopters when the animal is ready. Nobody has a gun put to their head - the people who adopt, want to give a pet a good home. The rescue can have an inspection policy too where they actually visit the potential home - seems like genuine care for the animals to me.

The rescue has to give shelter, bedding, food, litter trays to the animals. There has to be a lot of cleaning and grooming. The animals need vet trips, medicine, vaccinations, spaying, home inspections. Where are they supposed to get money for that? I know for a fact it's a lot of work and expense in the case of just one sick kitten. So imagine several. There's also the time cost. No way could someone work full-time and run an animal shelter. So of course they're gonna look for donations. But how on earth would they make a profit?

Silly view tbh (this being the unpopular opinions thread isn't a get-out clause - every opinion should be backed up/logical/not contradicting fact). And illogical when you also express concern about dog welfare in the same post. Surely you of all people can see the benefits to "Adopt don't shop"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Most expensive rentals in Dublin are taken by non-nationals who can afford it because unlike the Irish they don't use a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

When I see that someone is wearing a smartwatch, the first thought I have is that they are a special-needs person.

The Eu is not a Deity that must be Worshipped .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

We shouldn't have a national cricket team

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who have minimalist tattoos,shouldnt be considered to have tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

Girls with tattoos are generally happy to cheat on their partner with you, and are more promiscuous across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

It's a sport. If Ireland lose it means somebody else won. Net result is the same number of people who failed / were successful, so I don't see how wishing for that would be vindictive.

Personally I don't care one way or another. I haven't noticed the wall to wall coverage to be honest, haven't watched any games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Pulp Fiction is a lousy movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Pulp Fiction is a lousy movie.

Get out.

Lord of the Rings is a 10 hour long borefest.

Advertisement