Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Tattoos are bloody ugly, and girls with tattoos are a big turnoff

Full disclaimer: i have tattoos

• Registered Users Posts: 11,592 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I believe that horse racing and breeding, greyhound racing and breeding, all internal combustion engine motor racing, all foreign holidays, all pet ownership, should be banned immediately worldwide to save the planet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

I believe Ryan Tubridy is very talented and worth the money he’s paid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Pulp Fiction is a lousy movie.
    I have never got through it to the end . Admittedly on TV with ads .

Stop it , Ryan .:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭storker

blinding wrote: »
    The Eu is not a Deity that must be Worshipped .

Hardly an unpopular opinion. I don't know anyone who sees it as such, even those who are pro EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

An actual unpopular opinion (when has hate of tattoos ever been unpopular?)

Reservoir Dogs is a superior movie and most respects to Pulp Fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

'Never speak ill of the dead".

Sorry I have never bought this. He was a ****ing wanker and I'm delighted he is dead- no loss.

We all thought that when he was alive so why all of a sudden does it stop now that he is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

I agree, I dont think people understand what it takes to be as good as he is on both radio and TV.

Another related unpopular opinion:

I believe our TV license should be scrapped (although thats the popular bit).

But I believe the cost of broadcasting should be passed on in in income tax and should not be differentiated.

I DO think its worth the money, and I believe quality of the website, sports, radio and documentaries are on a par with other broadcasters around the world

I think the assumption should be made that as an Irish resident you are somehow using this service whether you realise it or not. I believe if you are one of the rare rare people who literally use NOTHING from RTE, no radio, no sports, no rte.ie site, no rte TV, nothing!! Then I think tough luck. Its part and parcel of our tax system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The reaction to the paddy Jackson trial was an example of how both feminists and submissive - beta males don't understand many women's sexuality.

Some women like being fcuked hard on occasion, they like being dominated.

Once you accept Jackson and his mates were found innocent, it's really a case of puritanical attitudes from the usual quarters

• Registered Users Posts: 16,337 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Many peoples' new houses are oversized and really, really ugly.
    It's like Stevie Wonder was their architect.

^^^^^^Maybe, just maybe the house owners if they have enough money, follow some friends advice (the ones who don't just say how fine "The Empowers new clothes" look)
    And change house.

And move some homeless people in.

...might be a very unpopular solution to neighbors though.

Don't people love Reservoir Dogs.
    Mad_maxx wrote: »
    The reaction to the paddy Jackson trial was an example of how both feminists and submissive - beta males don't understand many women's sexuality.

Once you accept Jackson and his mates were found innocent, it's really a case of puritanical attitudes from the usual quarters
    Massively popular opinion. If this woman liked it, she wouldn't have put herself through the subsequent humiliation.

I think she consented but then things got out of hand. There is a legal difference between not guilty and innocent too, which keeps being ignored. And it's dishonest of people to state repeatedly that he was found innocent.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Don't people love Reservoir Dogs.

Massively popular opinion. If this woman liked it, she wouldn't have put herself through the subsequent humiliation.

I think she consented but then things got out of hand. There is a legal difference between not guilty and innocent too, which keeps being ignored. And it's dishonest of people to state repeatedly that he was found innocent.

Nobody is ever "found innocent" in court, it's a bogus argument in the extreme

The lady in question likely felt embarrassed about the wild situation she decided to engage in and decided to scream rape subsequent to events

She's now a heroine to the SJW demographic and Jackson is a pariah, he paid a far higher price, in a just world, she would now be on trial for attempting to damage his reputation

Why likely felt embarrassed? Why not likely felt things went too far (as they surmised themselves in their chat) hence she went to the lengths that she did.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Why likely felt embarrassed? Why not likely felt things went too far (as they surmised themselves in their chat) hence she went to the lengths that she did.

Making rape allegations comes at no cost, it's those accused who are immediately in the spotlight

Remorseful sex, feeling you degraded yourself despite enjoying it at the time

As I said earlier, feminists cannot fathom a woman wanting rough sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I think anyone aged over 20 or so watching films based on comic books are wasting their time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I think anyone aged over 20 or so watching films based on comic books are wasting their time.
    Sure all life is time wasting until we die anyway. Whether you watch the Avengers, visit museums, read Shakespeare, go to church, collect My Little Pony dolls etc..

It's all just filling time until inevitable death.

What’s it all about Alfie ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

'Never speak ill of the dead".

Sorry I have never bought this. He was a ****ing wanker and I'm delighted he is dead- no loss.

We all thought that when he was alive so why all of a sudden does it stop now that he is dead.

Agreed. It’s in the same vein as when people believe you should always stick by family no matter what they do. Nope, a crap person is a crap person. I don’t care if I’m related to them.

The lady in question likely felt embarrassed about the wild situation she decided to engage in and decided to scream rape subsequent to events

She's now a heroine to the SJW demographic and Jackson is a pariah, he paid a far higher price, in a just world, she would now be on trial for attempting to damage his reputation

Thankfully, the level of proof required would be just as high if she was put on trial for whatever charge you’re imagining. People aren’t automatically assumed to have made false accusations simply because the accused is found not guilty of whatever sexual crime. The rates of people coming forward is low enough as it is without having to worry about that. IMO, the verdict in this case was the correct one but it doesn’t follow that she should then be charged with... what? Making a false accusation? Defamation?

Thankfully, the level of proof required would be just as high if she was put on trial for whatever charge you’re imagining. People aren’t automatically assumed to have made false accusations simply because the accused is found not guilty of whatever sexual crime. The rates of people coming forward is low enough as it is without having to worry about that. IMO, the verdict in this case was the correct one but it doesn’t follow that she should then be charged with... what? Making a false accusation? Defamation?

The way Jackson has been targeted since the trial, he may as well have been defamed.

Jackson and the other fella got a raw deal . If the other woman had not opened the door ( and seen what was occurring ) then we probably would never have heard anything about what went on .

The way Jackson has been targeted since the trial, he may as well have been defamed.

If that wasn’t the accuser’s intention, why would she be charged with anything? There’d need to be evidence that she acted maliciously and wanted to damage his reputation. That his reputation has been damaged is a separate issue.

If that wasn’t the accuser’s intention, why would she be charged with anything? There’d need to be evidence that she acted maliciously and wanted to damage his reputation. That his reputation has been damaged is a separate issue.
    She wanted to protect her own reputation . For todays women , throwing men under the bus to do this seems perfectly acceptable .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

A pathetically large component of modern Irish identity is a simple negative: "NOT Brits".

His reputation has been damaged by a militant feminist political and cultural climate

topper75 wrote: »
    A pathetically large component of modern Irish identity is a simple negative: "NOT Brits".

Explain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Woke Hogan wrote: »

What about The Kitchen.

Advertisement