Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

blinding wrote: »
    She wanted to protect her own reputation . For todays women , throwing men under the bus to do this seems perfectly acceptable .

False accusations are still incredibly rare. Very few people would put themselves through that flippantly.
    Mad_maxx wrote: »
    His reputation has been damaged by a militant feminist political and cultural climate

Again, what has that got to do with the accuser? Why would she face charges because of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

vriesmays wrote: »
    What about The Kitchen.

I don’t know what that is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

False accusations are still incredibly rare. Very few people would put themselves through that flippantly.
    Not nearly as rare as people think . There have been a lot of cases in Britain recently where when all the evidence has been released ( many times after being fought for ) to the defence then clear evidence of false claims has been shown and cases dropped . I suppose its hardly surprising that this would be happening in todays society when media / politicians / feminists / etc get away with blaming men for everything just by men existing . It has to feed into the female psyche . This culture is not without its victims but if its men it appears to be of little importance . Men have to start standing up for themselves .

Not nearly as rare as people think . There have been a lot of cases in Britain recently where when all the evidence has been released ( many times after being fought for ) to the defence then clear evidence of false claims has been shown and cases dropped . I suppose its hardly surprising that this would be happening in todays society when media / politicians / feminists / etc get away with blaming men for everything just by men existing . It has to feed into the female psyche . This culture is not without its victims but if its men it appears to be of little importance . Men have to start standing up for themselves .

Well, how rare do people think they are?

And if those trials didn’t go forward, that shows that not just any case is brought to trial.

Well, how rare do people think they are?

And if those trials didn’t go forward, that shows that not just any case is brought to trial.
    These cases were well on the way to trial . It was only by the diligence of defences that all the evidence was handed over . The prosecutions were retaining the information and only after being forced was all the evidence released . It may have even resulted in a change of law that the defence must be given access to all the evidence . It seems before that the prosecutors were not / did not have to give over all the evidence :eek:

Thankfully this injustice seems to have been right-ed in britain at least . Can you imagine being prosecuted and perhaps going to jail for Rape that you were entirely innocent of !:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

X-Men: Dark Phoenix is better than Avengers Endgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

She wanted to protect her own reputation . For todays women , throwing men under the bus to do this seems perfectly acceptable .

His reputation has been damaged by a militant feminist political and cultural climate

Again, what has that got to do with the accuser? Why would she face charges because of that?

What's the alternative?

Prosecutions pursued based on flimsy evidence, the #ibelieveher campaign followers want to lower the bar for a conviction

There is zero cost in making a rape accusation, the prevailing culture insists that an accuser must be believed.

This feeds into policy within police forces too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The idea that “false” rape allegations are commonplace is ridiculous and anyone spreading that idea should be ashamed of themselves.

I don’t know any woman who thinks a rape allegation is some sort of “badge of honour” or would use it due to remorse over their choice of partner.

It’s sort of thing you’d hear the “incel” types propagating online, when pushed for examples you’d get five or six links to American news stories, some dating back a decade or two.

It would be laughable if it wasn’t so disgusting.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

zig wrote: »
    I think the assumption should be made that as an Irish resident you are somehow using this service whether you realise it or not. I believe if you are one of the rare rare people who literally use NOTHING from RTE, no radio, no sports, no rte.ie site, no rte TV, nothing!! Then I think tough luck. Its part and parcel of our tax system.
    don't own a tv, listen to RTE radio stations or use the iPlayer. Why should I pay for other people to? And passing it onto income tax payers is another slap in the wage packet for already over taxed workers. If you want RTE, then pay for it yourself. Or better yet, why don't they half everyone's salary and pay for themselves through ad revenue, like every other tv and radio broadcasting service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭storker

Nobody is ever "found innocent" in court, it's a bogus argument in the extreme

No, but everyone is innocent until proven guilty, so in the absence of a guilty verdict, the presumption of innocence must still apply, otherwise it's "innocent until charged".

The idea that “false” rape allegations are commonplace is ridiculous and anyone spreading that idea should be ashamed of themselves.

I don’t know any woman who thinks a rape allegation is some sort of “badge of honour” or would use it due to remorse over their choice of partner.

It’s sort of thing you’d hear the “incel” types propagating online, when pushed for examples you’d get five or six links to American news stories, some dating back a decade or two.

Such is the power and influence of the feminist narrative, it's taken as a given that false rape allegations are incredibly rare, looked at objectively however, conditions are ripe for a high percentage being erroneous

There is no penalty for making them

storker wrote: »
    Nobody is ever "found innocent" in court, it's a bogus argument in the extreme

No, but everyone is innocent until proven guilty, so in the absence of a guilty verdict, the presumption of innocence must still apply, otherwise it's "innocent until charged".

I can see how my post was interpreted that way, let me clarify

The mob hounding Jackson like to ****e on about how he wasn't "found innocent"

I'm saying that is bogus, no court has ever ruled anyone innocent.

It's deliberately misleading language

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I really think vilifying 'white people' is dangerous for all involved.

Your Face wrote: »
    I really think vilifying 'white people' is dangerous for all involved.

The only acceptable respectable prejudice amongst liberals

There are plenty of false rape allegations . What is the cost to a not very nice woman of making a false rape allegation ?

Yes a decent woman would not make them but as with men not all women are decent . A nasty woman ( or a woman with mental problems ) can do what she wants with rape allegation . Unless they are proven to be maliciously false ( very hard to prove ) she can walk away with no repercussions .

The only acceptable respectable prejudice amongst liberals
    Racism is ok so long as its against White People :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Making rape allegations comes at no cost, it's those accused who are immediately in the spotlight

Remorseful sex, feeling you degraded yourself despite enjoying it at the time

As I said earlier, feminists cannot fathom a woman wanting rough sex
    How are you so sure all of the above is definite?

There is of course a cost. The humiliation in court. People who believe her - well that's just their opinion based on her upset and what the men themselves said in their chat about her being hysterical. People just want to refuse to believe that the men might have gone too far, even though it seems perfectly plausible given her upset.
    And which women would they be?

Such resentment towards women rears its head every so often here. You do not need to be a feminist to see that.

And what are all these "plenty" of false rape allegations? I know it happens, but I think some truly want to believe it happens a lot more than it actually does, because, you know... women.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Making rape allegations comes at no cost, it's those accused who are immediately in the spotlight

Remorseful sex, feeling you degraded yourself despite enjoying it at the time

As I said earlier, feminists cannot fathom a woman wanting rough sex

There is of course a cost. The humiliation in court. People who believe her - well that's just their opinion based on her upset and what the men themselves said in their chat about her being hysterical. People just want to refuse to believe that the men might have gone too far, even though it seems perfectly plausible given her upset.

Such resentment towards women rears its head every so often here. You do not need to be a feminist to see that.

And what are all these "plenty" of false rape allegations? I know it happens, but I think some truly want to believe it happens a lot more than it actually does, because, you know... women.

Jackson and his friends used bawdy language in their texts, big deal, being crass isn't a crime.

Jackson and his friends used bawdy language in their texts, big deal, being crass isn't a crime.
    I didn't refer to that (still vile though, and I hate when it's insisted all men have that attitude) - I was referring to the way they said themselves that she was hysterically upset on the night.

• Advertisement

I didn't refer to that (still vile though, and I hate when it's insisted all men have that attitude) - I was referring to the way they said themselves that she was hysterically upset on the night.

People get upset all the time, she most likely felt ashamed about having engaged in wild sex ( threesome) , rather than work that out herself, she opted to set the guys up as rapists

Why most likely? :confused:

Maybe you're right but people point blank refuse to consider the alternative because "vindictive woman, lads just being lads" is the only version they can bring themselves to accept.

What's the alternative?

Prosecutions pursued based on flimsy evidence, the #ibelieveher campaign followers want to lower the bar for a conviction

The alternative is looking into keeping the accused anonymous unless a conviction is secured, not punishing the accuser for the actions of others in response to the verdict.

You criticise trials going ahead based on flimsy evidence. Bringing a defamation case would require as much of a burden of proof so the accused would need to be very confident that the accuser intended to destroy the accused’s reputation. It’s not as simple as “the reaction of others to the verdict destroyed my reputation”. If the accuser didn’t have any hand in that, a case taken her would be ill-advised and would really just come across as tit-for-tat.

And you don’t get resentment / hatred of men from women . Plenty of it about and fed from todays culture of hatred of men because you know men . There are two sides to all this . Its amazing how often Juries of women and men are unwilling to convict men . It seems they don’t believe many of these women maybe because these women are not trustworthy .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,333 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

People, outside of the US, who talk about "Liberals" constantly are morons who spend way too much time on the web absorbing American bullshit politics by arseholes who've never set foot outside that country, and they haven't the first bloody clue what goes on in the real world.

And you don’t get resentment / hatred of men from women
    Of course there is. Nobody suggested otherwise. I don't get how that makes the reverse ok.
    Plenty of it about and fed from todays culture of hatred of men because you know men . There are two sides to all this . Its amazing how often Juries of women and men are unwilling to convict men . It seems they don’t believe many of these women maybe because these women are not trustworthy .
    How often? I haven't heard of these amazing stats.

Of course there is. Nobody suggested otherwise. I don't get how that makes the reverse ok.

How often? I haven't heard of these amazing stats.
    If juries believed women accusing men of rape perhaps they would be convicting more of them .

If juries believed women accusing men of rape perhaps they would be convicting more of them .
    But what stats are you talking about? First time hearing of these reams and reams of rape cases being thrown out.

False allegations occur, and these minority occurrences are used as a stick to beat all women with. Some people love saying it happens all the time, without anything to back that up, other than their mindset that women are innately vindictive.

Rape is difficult to prove.

And sometimes unfortunately rape does occur.

But most women are good people, and most men are good people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Both women and men can be raped, and both can make false allegations of rape....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

White people, generally, and more specifically, white, male, straight people earning above the average industrial wage and the biggest victims in our society.

Woops, I thought I was posting in the Total Horsecock thread.

Advertisement