Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Tony EH wrote: »
    People, outside of the US, who talk about "Liberals" constantly are morons who spend way too much time on the web absorbing American bullshit politics by arseholes who've never set foot outside that country, and they haven't the first bloody clue what goes on in the real world.

Liberals dominate this country, seems reasonable to refer to them

Raconteuse wrote: »
    blinding wrote: »
    If juries believed women accusing men of rape perhaps they would be convicting more of them .
    But what stats are you talking about? First time hearing of these reams and reams of rape cases being thrown out.

False allegations occur, and these minority occurrences are used as a stick to beat all women with. Some people love saying it happens all the time, without anything to back that up, other than their mindset that women are innately vindictive.

Rape is difficult to prove.

And sometimes unfortunately rape does occur.

But most women are good people, and most men are good people.

The meme from the twittersphere and media is

#trustwomen - #ibelieveher

In their eyes, all women are inherently trustworthy.

No one serious could argue that the prevailing narative in 2019 is that women are altogether better people morally than men, FFS, we are living in the era of " toxic masculinity"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,333 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Mad_maxx wrote: »

You don't what a "Liberal" is.

Question for the mods

Why did you do away with the edit button?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The meme from the twittersphere and media is

#trustwomen - #ibelieveher

In their eyes, all women are inherently trustworthy.

No one serious could argue that the prevailing narative in 2019 is that women are altogether better people morally than men, FFS, we are living in the era of " toxic masculinity"
    can you imagine hashtag-ibelievehim un-equivocally :D:D:D

And then they expect people to take them seriously:D:D:D

• Advertisement

You don't what a "Liberal" is.

I do know in terms of the old school political terminology but the left, irish times, rte, soc dems, Labour, Green Party, all would class themselves as liberals so if the cap fits

I do know in terms of the old school political terminology but the left, irish times, rte, soc dems, Labour, Green Party, all would class themselves as liberals so if the cap fits

These institutions are only "Liberals" to you because that's what your right wing American trash talkers on YouTube tell you to call things you don't like.

You're just another keyboard tapper with an internet connection and an inability to separate silly American labels from politics in the rest of the world.

And none of the items mentioned "dominate this country".

These institutions are only "Liberals" to you because that's what your right wing American trash talkers on YouTube tell you to call things you don't like.

You're just another keyboard tapper with an internet connection and an inability to separate silly American labels from politics in the rest of the world.

And none of the items mentioned "dominate this country".

So RTE and the Irish Times are not liberal ?

The level of certainty in your post is only matched by the level of presumptuous sh1te flowing through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Question for the mods

Mods don't design or develop the site.

The edit feature is time-limited, and this is not a new thing.

Question for the mods

Mods don't design or develop the site.

The edit feature is time-limited, and this is not a new thing.

Rhe the edit feature is no longer there at all or at least has been changed and rendered difficult to use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,364 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

ittakestwo wrote: »
    Both women and men can be raped, and both can make false allegations of rape....

Yes and no. Both men and women can be raped. Only men can commit a rape under Irish law. So only a man can stand accused of rape in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Yes and no. Both men and women can be raped. Only men can commit a rape under Irish law. So only a man can stand accused of rape in Ireland.

Didn’t know that but I expect it’ll set the “man-boobs” all a-jiggle with the fervent typing from the types who will start crying out for “equality” and women being eternally deceitful.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

Didn’t know that but I expect it’ll set the “man-boobs” all a-jiggle with the fervent typing from the types who will start crying out for “equality” and women being eternally deceitful.

Well the important thing is that you get your digs in. Good lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

It's a pity you weren't a woman yourself so you could get him done for raping you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    It's a pity you weren't a woman yourself so you could get him done for raping you.

I dunno, he seems to have his imagination set on "jiggling man boobs", so I probably wouldn't be his type in the above scenario.

Woke Hogan wrote: »

Such predictable Reductiveness

• Registered Users Posts: 20,364 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I’d like if there was desire to change a law like that. But unfortunately all the likely lads want to do is give out about feminism. and that does nothing for men’s issues, unfortunately.

If whinging about feminism actually addressed men’s issues, men’s issues would be solved already.

The level of certainty in your post is only matched by the level of presumptuous sh1te flowing through it.

Pffft. Don't be ridiculous you fool. :pac:

The Irish Times is just a newspaper, to be read or not by the decision of the person buying or not buying it and RTE is just a TV station to be watched or not.

They don't "dominate" anything. In fact, they've been steadily losing ground for years.

The Irish Times and, especially, RTE were two conservative institutions for years in this country. That would be lost on you because you probably weren't around. The only mildly free thinking item that was on RTE was 'The Late Late Show', because it might dare to talk about children out of wedlock or have Billy Connolly on who might say something a bit off colour and then Gay Byrne would laugh nervously and try to right the ship.

The Times may present itself as "progressive" these days, but it's history was rooted in Presbyterianism and they are likely to push a centre-rightish Neoliberal (not a Liberal) point of view as anything else on a given day. They are primarily a middle ground paper of late, with leanings to either direction depending on which columnist one reads.

They each may have softened their approach a bit in modern times, but to ascribe your American prescribed monikers to them is farcical. "Liberal" on this side of the Atlantic does mean the same as at does in America. But you wouldn't be aware of that because your head is buried in silly US culture spats that are largely meaningless to the world beyond those shores.

All you're displaying here is your laughable naivety and an inability to view anything outside of what your American YouTube heroes have fed you in the last 5 years or so.

Pffft. Don't be ridiculous you fool. :pac:

The Irish Times is just a newspaper, to be read or not by the decision of the person buying or not buying it and RTE is just a TV station to be watched or not.

They don't "dominate" anything. In fact, they've been steadily losing ground for years.

The Irish Times and, especially, RTE were two conservative institutions for years in this country. That would be lost on you because you probably weren't around. The only mildly free thinking item that was on RTE was 'The Late Late Show', because it might dare to talk about children out of wedlock or have Billy Connolly on who might say something a bit off colour and then Gay Byrne would laugh nervously and try to right the ship.

The Times may present itself as "progressive" these days, but it's history was rooted in Presbyterianism and they are likely to push a centre-rightish Neoliberal (not a Liberal) point of view as anything else on a given day. They are primarily a middle ground paper of late, with leanings to either direction depending on which columnist one reads.

They each may have softened their approach a bit in modern times, but to ascribe your American prescribed monikers to them is farcical. "Liberal" on this side of the Atlantic does mean the same as at does in America. But you wouldn't be aware of that because your head is buried in silly US culture spats that are largely meaningless to the world beyond those shores.

All you're displaying here is your laughable naivety and an inability to view anything outside of what your American YouTube heroes have fed you in the last 5 years or so.

I repeat.

The certainty you display is only matched by the sh1te you shovel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Popular opinion - that discussion should fuck off somewhere else

• Advertisement

I repeat.

:pac:

You're an absolutely gold plated example of the kind of muppet I was talking about in post 806

I repeat.

:pac:

You're an absolutely gold plated example of the kind of muppet I was talking about in post 806

I'm not the one assigning certainty to idle speculation about the situation, whereabouts or influences of people i know nothing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Rhe the edit feature is no longer there at all or at least has been changed and rendered difficult to use

Edit button should be at the bottom of whichever of your posts you are trying to edit.

(to the left of the Quote option)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Its the responsibility of parents not the government to house kids. Those that choose to have them while having no homes to go to are wholly irresponsible.

🙈🙉🙊

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Galway has no traffic problem and their councillors have no vested interests at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

PinotNero wrote: »
    Most Irish craft beers are over-hopped rubbish.

True, I've done home brewing a handful of times but have already figured out that you don't dry hop for more than 4/5 days or you get that grassy taste that most Irish craft beers have.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Edit button should be at the bottom of whichever of your posts you are trying to edit.

(to the left of the Quote option)

I have a thumbs up, a report and a quote button, that's all?

Also have a pencil icon but where i click, it asks for reason for edit, even i input reason, won't allow me add or delete content

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Also have a pencil icon but where i click, it asks for reason for edit, even i input reason, won't allow me add or delete content

Your post should be above the "Reason for Edit" box

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Your post should be above the "Reason for Edit" box

It is but I'm unable to type or remove anything, no cursor response

Advertisement