Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Nope, it's men who claim that women's worst enemies are other women.

Haha. Ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Hen parties can be very uncomfortable environments

Who hurt you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Ironicname wrote: »
    Haha. Ffs

Good point there.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

"Find them, fool them, fcuk them, forget them"

I heard that coming from a hen party table one night!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sosndt

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    For what shifts do nurses get quadruple pay ? It is double pay on Sunday day and extra for Sunday night . Its never quadruple , have you a link to that ?

And here is a link to agency pay rates depending on where you are on the pay scale .No shift is quadruple pay

https://www.nurseoncall.ie/_fileupload/NURSES%20RATES%202019%20SEPT%20.pdf

Quadruple pay is for Sunday overtime.
    I've if you are not scheduled to work it and come in.
    It would apply to hse staff not agencies obviously.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 sosndt

The only people that have negative comments about my wife staying at home with the kids are women
    That is a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Who hurt you?

When I was only 18/19, I was essentially thrown around like a rag-doll by a few of the 'older' members of a hen-party. Ass and crotch grabbing, lifting up my shirt etc. Now I'm not treating it as a #meetoo incident, nor am I saying it wouldn't have been as embarrassing had they been younger women, but it was unwanted and those involved were definitely old enough to know better.

And it definitely happens more than society lets on. In fact, I am reminded of it every time I see pubs/clubs be heavy-handed towards letting stag-dos enter their premises. There is no way in hell a group of lads would act with such abandon- and if they did they would be rightly ejected.

Those damn mickey straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

sosndt wrote: »
    Quadruple pay is for Sunday overtime.
    I've if you are not scheduled to work it and come in.
    It would apply to hse staff not agencies obviously.......

Have you a link please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Cancer isn't a necessary evil. The birth rate is declining in Europe because of contraception and education. Fertility rates are also falling.

Parts of the world like Africa are over populated and people are starving because they are still having multiple children during famines. It's condoms we should be sending them, not cows.

Widen your gaze. 100 years ago the global population was about 2 billion. In those 100 years, the population has almost quadrupled. Europe? That's one continent, the combined population of all its countries doesn't even come to 1 billion. More than half the Earth's population are throughout Asia, half of which is China and India. If cancer wasn't a thing, how much larger would the population today now be? It's the only 'natural predator' that our species has now. It's estimated that since the first dawn of humanity, there have been approximately 100 billion people. Almost 8 billion (7.7 I think to be exact) of which are alive today. Almost 8% of all people that ever lived are now currently alive. That doesn't shock you? Cos it bloody well should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Nope. Women are other women's worst enemy.

• Advertisement

Cancer isn't a necessary evil. The birth rate is declining in Europe because of contraception and education. Fertility rates are also falling.

Parts of the world like Africa are over populated and people are starving because they are still having multiple children during famines. It's condoms we should be sending them, not cows.
    Now that you mention it, I didn't see any adverts this year for Bothar sending poor unfortunate animals off to the 3rd world. I did see a few teenagers in school uniforms shaking tins for them I thought about asking them if they knew what the horrible reality for the animals being transported was and what halal slaughter was like, then thought better of it because they probably only decided to volunteer for collection to get the afternoon off school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Nope. Women are other women's worst enemy.
    But why do you say that? It's a common way to put women down. "Oh those bitches tearing into each other lol". It's totally misogynistic, and very ironic when women agree with it.

No entire sex is any entire sex's worst enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Women are very often just as obnoxious and leery on a night out as men are, but its the men who are pigs. Hen parties can be very uncomfortable environments.

And women's culture is definitely way more sexualised (it wasn't males that made Fifty Shades of Grey, Magic Mike etc. so popular) too. Look at grown women losing their collective ****s whenever Westlife, One Direction, Michael Buble take to stage. Men are a lot more civilised in comparison :D
    Not sure that's unpopular. I think some just like to think it is.
    "Find them, fool them, fcuk them, forget them"

I heard that coming from a hen party table one night!
    And you'd hear as bad coming from some men. Some people - male or female - are obnoxious.
    Women are more prone to being validation junkies regarding their appearance. You get men showing off their muscles on instagram, but not nearly as much as you get women showing off their tits and ass in search of those precious likes.
    Not unpopular, not untrue. All the "I'll show women that I can see through them" bravery here. :D
    When I was only 18/19, I was essentially thrown around like a rag-doll by a few of the 'older' members of a hen-party. Ass and crotch grabbing, lifting up my shirt etc. Now I'm not treating it as a #meetoo incident, nor am I saying it wouldn't have been as embarrassing had they been younger women, but it was unwanted and those involved were definitely old enough to know better.

And it definitely happens more than society lets on. In fact, I am reminded of it every time I see pubs/clubs be heavy-handed towards letting stag-dos enter their premises. There is no way in hell a group of lads would act with such abandon- and if they did they would be rightly ejected.
    Scummy bitches. Part of why they get away with it though is some men saying stupid **** like "I'd love to be sexually harassed."

Women are more prone to being validation junkies regarding their appearance. You get men showing off their muscles on instagram, but not nearly as much as you get women showing off their tits and ass in search of those precious likes.
    By women showing off their ''tits and ass in search of precious likes'', do you mean Millennial's? I only ask as I'm in my 40's and I've never ever posted pictures of my T's and Ass on anything online I don't know anyone of my age group who has done. Not all of us are ''prone'' to it and most of us don't need validation.

I don't like labels like 'incels' but there does seem to be a lot of very angry men out there who are infuriated by women and who blame women for everything. Sure, there are women who manipulate men and put pressure on them to have things that they otherwise might not want but most of us aren't like that. Most of us just want our partners/spouses to be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

jaxxx wrote: »
    Widen your gaze. 100 years ago the global population was about 2 billion. In those 100 years, the population has almost quadrupled. Europe? That's one continent, the combined population of all its countries doesn't even come to 1 billion. More than half the Earth's population are throughout Asia, half of which is China and India. If cancer wasn't a thing, how much larger would the population today now be? It's the only 'natural predator' that our species has now. It's estimated that since the first dawn of humanity, there have been approximately 100 billion people. Almost 8 billion (7.7 I think to be exact) of which are alive today. Almost 8% of all people that ever lived are now currently alive. That doesn't shock you? Cos it bloody well should.
    100 years ago it wasn't cancer keeping the population down. It was disease, malnutrition and lack of medical treatment. 100 years ago I wouldn't have survived childhood because I was a weak, sickly child who caught everything going. My mother would probably have died in childbirth because she had a couple of births that had serious complications.

Deaths from cancer aren't going to counteract the amount of people who are alive due to advances in medicine. Population is expanding at an exponential rate and the only way we can deal with this is through education and contraception. Only a generation or two ago in Ireland it was normal to have seven to ten kids. With the introduction and acceptance of family planning, that's not the norm anymore.

We can't force people in Asia, Africa or India to reduce the number of kids they have. Those countries have to reach that conclusion themselves. If they don't then who knows what life will be like in 50 years but cancer definitely won't be the cure. Cancer treatment gets better each year and I support it.

100 years ago it wasn't cancer keeping the population down. It was disease, malnutrition and lack of medical treatment. 100 years ago I wouldn't have survived childhood because I was a weak, sickly child who caught everything going. My mother would probably have died in childbirth because she had a couple of births that had serious complications.

Deaths from cancer aren't going to counteract the amount of people who are alive due to advances in medicine. Population is expanding at an exponential rate and the only way we can deal with this is through education and contraception. Only a generation or two ago in Ireland it was normal to have seven to ten kids. With the introduction and acceptance of family planning, that's not the norm anymore.

We can't force people in Asia, Africa or India to reduce the number of kids they have. Those countries have to reach that conclusion themselves. If they don't then who knows what life will be like in 50 years but cancer definitely won't be the cure. Cancer treatment gets better each year and I support it.
    There will come a point where foreign aid is going to have to be linked with contraception. Europe cannot absorb the population of the third world and that is what we're being told we need to do. There's no real monitoring of Foreign Aid, of how much is going where it's meant to go or whose pockets it's going into. Africa has had billions pumped in yet what has really changed since the 80's? The same NGO's still have the same hands out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

dont forget the catholic church and its missionaries in other continents were the ones telling people condoms were wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

There will come a point where foreign aid is going to have to be linked with contraception. Europe cannot absorb the population of the third world and that is what we're being told we need to do. There's no real monitoring of Foreign Aid, of how much is going where it's meant to go or whose pockets it's going into. Africa has had billions pumped in yet what has really changed since the 80's? The same NGO's still have the same hands out.
    Saying things like that makes you a racist /s

dont forget the catholic church and its missionaries in other continents were the ones telling people condoms were wrong.
    That's true but you have to balance the other side of the argument, the personal responsibility angle where parents are watching child after child slowly starve to death. Remember that most of these countries have forced child marriage, often FGM too. Sure, we can blame the catholic church for the absurd notion that condoms are a tool of the devil but there's also the issue of men needing to take responsibility and stop breeding kids that they can't feed. The population of Africa is expanding at a frightening rate and that has to stop.

The global media has an extreme left wing bias against white men and Jewish people. The innocent Jewish people attacked by an extremist were attacked by a man from a cult called The Black Hebrew Israelites. This is a group that believes that black people are the true descendants of the 12 Tribes. They are also responsible for the attack on a Jewish deli but did anyone hear anything about the attackers being black or being from a religious cult, nope me neither. It was only when I didn't hear the usual rant about it being a lone wolf white supremacist that I got curious and did a bit of researching and there it is.

But to the best of my knowledge none of the media are reporting on these facts. If it had been a white male it would have been constant coverage and trying to find people who knew him, likewise if it had been an attack on Muslims, but nope, the Jews don't seem to matter, antisemitism has become acceptable and protecting minorities, as long as they are the right sort of minorities is what's important. Forget racism, from what I've seen in comment sections of media Ireland has a massive antisemitic problem.

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Inconvenient-antisemitism-The-daily-attacks-on-Jews-in-New-York-612420

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The majority of men in marriage break ups are quite happy for the woman to take custody of any children.
    Not all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The current policy of population transfer is wrong on many levels but we in Europe have a vested interest in helping those regions of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Grey Fox wrote:
    The human race is a parasite and the sooner we are all eradicated, the better

Happy new year

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Grey Fox wrote: »
    The human race is a parasite and the sooner we are all eradicated, the better

Sure start with yourself there Chief, we'll follow you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Ive little sympathy for people in poor parts of the world that continue to have big families (or Ireland for that matter) and live in poverty. If you want a big family fair enough but take personal responsibility for the misery that will follow and don't expect a hand out from people like myself who realized two kids is more than enough and took measures to ensure we would have no more. "Is was an accident" after you pop out kid number 5 or 6 doesnt cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Grey Fox

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sure start with yourself there Chief, we'll follow you.
    How about you shut the hell up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Fining people in court or sending them to prison is just a waste of time

Our society would be better off if they were out picking up rubbish off the sides of road, beaches and canals

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Our society would be better off if they were out picking up rubbish off the sides of road, beaches and canals

aye...chain gang, would help clean up the streets whilst publicly shaming them in front of others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

jaxxx wrote: »
    Cancer is a necessary evil. Can you imagine how much more overpopulated we'd be if cancer was eradicated? There aren't many more things keeping the population in check!

^^ I say that as a former cancer patient myself.

Wow, that makes me feel better about the fact that I’ll die of cancer in my 30s. It’s much easier to be philosophical when you survived it. I guarantee you’d feel differently if it was going to kill you. Necessary evil? Fuck right off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

In Berlin a few years back people on the dole were offered an extra €50 a week to pick up rubbish off the streets . Did did an hour or so a day in their local area
    It was well supervised and taken up by many .

Advertisement