Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 Captain Poll

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Playing a bit riskier this year as I'm not in as many money comps.

Here's what I'm thinking so far.

Salah/Sterling as Safety pick.
    Bilva as a differential.
    Wan B as big differential after Digne did me wonders last week.
    In what world would you consider captaining Bilva over Sterling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

In what world would you consider captaining Bilva over Sterling?

In a world where I don't think a player that has 4 in 2 will end up on 5/6 in 3. In my opinion the City players will all have good games at some stage.

Sterling GW1
    KDB GW2
    So I'm hoping for a Bilva GW3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

If you have Kane do you need to captain him?

Ie is the safer move to captain sterling and owning kane (half the points) is enough?

If we captain him and he blanks the sterling captaining non kane owners gonna win on the double (funds spread elsewhere plus those extra points).

Or is that too risk averse?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Unsure as to whether I should offload Salah for Sterling for a -4

I already have KDB as city cover and Kane as captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Unsure as to whether I should offload Salah for Sterling for a -4

I already have KDB as city cover and Kane as captain

I wouldn't this week. You'll need Sterling to outscore Salah by 4 just to break even for the GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Kane. Raheem vice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Harry harry Kane for me. Newcastle rarely let you down when captain a player v them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have Sterling & Salah in my 11, but I debated picking Martial. Home to a poor Palace team, and is scoring those messy goals like a player that is in form where anything that touches him goes in.

I am 1st/2nd in most of my leagues so I guess picking the safer option of Sterling/Salah is probably the wiser choice as most people will have them captained if they do not have Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Harry Kane is an utter no brainer if you have him.

i always like Salah when he's a differential, as he will be this week. the only issue is Newcastle are shít and Bournemouth aren't solid at the best of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

SlickRic wrote: »
    Harry Kane is an utter no brainer if you have him.

i always like Salah when he's a differential, as he will be this week. the only issue is Newcastle are sh and Bournemouth aren't solid at the best of times.

RMT tool on FFS has both Sterling and Salah scoring higher than Kane, albeit only marginally.

Not saying that Kane is a bad choice but I don't think it's the no brainer that you say it is. I have all three and it is a difficult decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

KevIRL wrote: »
    RMT tool on FFS has both Sterling and Salah scoring higher than Kane, albeit only marginally.

Not saying that Kane is a bad choice but I don't think it's the no brainer that you say it is. I have all three and it is a difficult decision.

that's fair enough. maybe i'm overplaying how bad Newcastle are, or have been said to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

SlickRic wrote: »
    that's fair enough. maybe i'm overplaying how bad Newcastle are, or have been said to be.

Would have a slight concern of a bounce back from Newcastle following a thumping from a newly promoted team too.

Not all that logical I know, but stuff like that seems to happen often enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

if it helps any bit - one notable betting market for Multi scorers in order of price

Aguero 2/1
    Kane 11/5
    Salah 3/1
    Sterling 100/30
    Jesus 100/30
    Mane 9/2
    Rashford 9/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    if it helps any bit - one notable betting market for Multi scorers in order of price

Aguero 2/1
    Kane 11/5
    Salah 3/1
    Sterling 100/30
    Jesus 100/30
    Mane 9/2
    Rashford 9/2

3 players from man city at around 3-1 or less ... Says a lot about what the bookies are expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Arry for a hat trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

I was looking at going for Kane but have a gander at Sterlings stats against Bournemouth. He absolutely loves playing against them and has run riot in the past.
    9 wins 0 losses
    10 goals
    2 assists

Scored more goals against them than any other team according to Transfermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

crushproof wrote: »
    I was looking at going for Kane but have a gander at Sterlings stats against Bournemouth. He absolutely loves playing against them and has run riot in the past.
    9 wins 0 losses
    10 goals
    2 assists

Scored more goals against them than any other team according to Transfermarket.

But his best results against them have came at home.

Last 4 at home : 5 goals, 2 assists.
    Last 4 away: 3 goals, 0 assists.

I's still favour Kane at home to spurs..... mind you he has 2 goals in his last 4 at home to newcastle!

....not an easy decision...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I think just having Kane will be enough. Can see Sterling and Salah being top captain picks in most my leagues. Bournemouth will always be muck at the back. Sterling for me.

KevIRL wrote: »

I have all 3 too and haven’t, for more than 10-15 seconds, considered the other two. It’s easily Kane for me.

I mostly pick against a team for my captain rather than pick a player. Newcastle have nothing going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Salah, Sterling & Kane.

It's a bloody tough decision this week. I had thought Kane had less owners but well over 30% now so a haul will hurt same with Sterling.

Order of choice currently
    Kane
    Sterling
    Salah

Nowhere near deciding yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

Pulled the trigger too quick on taking Sharp out this morning for Chicarito. Should of been Kane in as captain for Ambuayange.

Armband on Sterling but thinking about Maguire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

L.S.F wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger too quick on taking Sharp out this morning for Chicarito. Should of been Kane in as captain for Ambuayange.

Armband on Sterling but thinking about Maguire!

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Not much Salah love? Salah it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Have none of the obvious picks so for lack of a better option the armbands going to Pogba. God help me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Kane is the obvious one. With that being said I expect Spurs to hammer Newcastle. With that being said I was half tempted to triple captain Kane earlier in the week. Even with that being said, I've gone ahead and dumped Kane on my wildcard.

My head is spinning from this game. Salah it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ain't no Son-shine when she's gone....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I want to go with Son but weary he won't start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

I'm now in panic mode. Kane is terrifying me. They say never go back to an ex. Harry I love you, please take me back. I will make you captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Putting my faith in Kane with the armband. I've been let down before, don't let me down this time Harold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Putting my faith in Kane with the armband. I've been let down before, don't let me down this time Harold.

It's still August

Advertisement