Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC & ITV HD issues

• 20-08-2019 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone experiencing issues with all BBC & ITV variants in HD on FTA.

Got a new TV with freesat and all HD channels bar these working fine.

A quick google mentions that too strong a signal can cause this and signal may need to be reduced.

Anyone with similar experience that found a remedy ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What are the issues exactly? No signal? stuttering signal?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭boosabum

stuttering even though signal quality & strength is 100%, very strange as no issues when i used a set top box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭lgs 4

boosabum wrote: »
    stuttering even though signal quality & strength is 100%, very strange as no issues when i used a set top box

Where is your sat box .I had the same problem with a 2nd generation Humax box sitting on Saorview box ,getting to hot .I moved the box and replaced the two sat feeds to box all good now .

No sat box, dual tuner TV for saorview and freesat

No sat box, dual tuner TV for saorview and freesat

What make of tv have you got .I had LG 4k is was a bit problematic with some channels .Not BBC or ITV ,Dave and few other .

• Advertisement

LG 4k just out off the box at the weekend. 50um7450 version

LG 4k just out off the box at the weekend. 50um7450 version

I hope your LG tv lasts longer than mine .it packed in after two years, 43ins 4k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

lgs 4 wrote: »
    I hope your LG tv lasts longer than mine .it packed in after two years, 43ins 4k
    Just to provide some balance. I bought a 40" LG model back in Jan 2014 and it is flying. Never had any bother with it.

Advertisement