Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling account for businesses?

• 20-08-2019 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Recently setup a business bank account with BOI but forgot to ask about sterling accounts...

They seem to only offer what’s referred to as a “sterling currency deposit account” but don’t seem to mention what differs this from a current account, if anything?

Also if anyone can decipher what fees are involved for a simple sterling to sterling (based in the UK account) that’d be appreciated cos I can’t figure it out?
    personalbanking.bankofireland.com/app/uploads/2016/10/GM-accounts-Fees-and-Charges-Accounts-Aug-16.pdf

Asked their customer service online but have been presented with misleading info multiple times with them so not thinking I’ll have much luck there. (They seem to think I’m asking about a UK based account and they don’t offer sterling ones here?)

Thanks for any input!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

It would be cheaper for you to open an NI bank account up the north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭quokula

Revolut do business accounts now. They're brilliant for dealing in sterling in a personal account. I don't know if they provide the level of service you'd need for a business though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭melchior1951

Splitwise offers free business accounts with multiple currencies. You save a lot when you want to exchange Sterling to Euro some day. You get a free debit card as well.

Advertisement