Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA Puskas Award 2019

• 20-08-2019 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Which of the 10 goals do you think should win?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZB-4AoutWg&list=PLCGIzmTE4d0iHeMGrVhV4ZXyr5y-XCi6-&index=1

Sorry to have to link it this way.
    I originally typed up a post with all of the vids embedded individually, only to then find out FIFATV Youtube doesn't allow that.

Goddamn corrupt FIFA :mad:

What goal should win the FIFA Puskas Award 2019? 33 votes

Matheus Cunha
    72% 24 votes
    Zlatan Ibrahimović
    9% 3 votes
    Lionel Messi
    6% 2 votes
    Ajara Nchout
    3% 1 vote
    Fabio Quagliarella
    0% 0 votes
    Juan Fernando Quintero
    3% 1 vote
    Amy Rodriguez
    3% 1 vote
    Billie Simpson
    0% 0 votes
    Andros Townsend
    3% 1 vote
    Daniel Zsori
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Quagliarella. I think he said it was the best of his career and he's scored some corkers.

Amy Rodriguez's goal is nothing special by the highest standards. Ajara Nchout's goal is run of the mill and I've seen better in Sunday league. Both nominations are equality's token gestures. It's just patronizing to everyone.

Although it seems to have taken place on a training pitch(?), Billie Simpson's goal is great and the only female one that should be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Voted quagli meant quintero. The first three and the free are the best imo.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cunha for me. There are a lot of quality finishes there, but his turn was sublime and just elevates it above the others.

Cunha's turn was a fluke, he wasn't in control of it. Finish was majestic though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Sheridan81 wrote: »

Although it seems to have taken place on a training pitch(?), Billie Simpson's goal is great and the only female one that should be there.

That one looked like a fluke to me, looked like she was just hammering it back up the pitch and it flew in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Did the committee who shortlisted goals even see this one?

OpulentOrganicHoki-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

McGinn for Aston Villa :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wheety wrote: »
    Did the committee who shortlisted goals even see this one?

OpulentOrganicHoki-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

McGinn for Aston Villa :eek:

Doesn't it have to be at top level possible available to player, so a pl goal essentially (for England). Think I remember hearing that a few years ago, but could be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Surprised Ismaila Sarr's goal didn't make it which I believe was voted best goal of the Europa League.

Of the nominees I'd go Quagliarella as it's very unique looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd have thought salah goal against Chelsea would of been in with a shout. You see alot of screamers scored direct at goal but he was out on the wing when he hit that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Surprised Ismaila Sarr's goal didn't make it which I believe was voted best goal of the Europa League.

Of the nominees I'd go Quagliarella as it's very unique looking.

Did that bounce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

Quagliarella or Zsori for me. Voted Zsori as I love a good bicycle kick!

To my mind the first one shouldn't be included as he got a lucky bounce doing the turn but still a gorgeous finish mind you.

The 3 ladies goals, 2 of them weren't anywhere near as good as Sarr's goal that MNG linked to and the shot from inside her own half, if she meant it as a shot was class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Mushy wrote: »
    Doesn't it have to be at top level possible available to player, so a pl goal essentially (for England). Think I remember hearing that a few years ago, but could be different.

How does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Mushy wrote: »

According to their own rules:
    The Award rewards the best goal scored during the period from 16 July 2018 to 19 July 2019 inclusive, regardless of championship, gender or nationality.
    Which would would appear to rule out that notion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

VillaMad wrote: »
    According to their own rules:

Which would would appear to rule out that notion.

Well then it's just mad that it's not included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭joe123

Probably controversial to say this, but the womens goals included arent really top 10 goals now are they?

Stephanie Roches was another level in terms of quality. Some great goals left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Those women's goals are tokenism at best. Should just do a separate award for the women's game. The last goal was just like Peter Kay's hoof in the John Smith ad.

Long range goals don't generally do much for me in these comps... Prefer something a bit different. Cunha for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would have liked a bit more variety in there... lots of great strikes alright, but I loved Firmino (against Arsenal) and Hazards (against West Ham) two mazy dribbles last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Kind of feel like this is a bit of a botched effort of a poll.

For me there's little doubt that Cunha should be in contention, but whether or not he even makes the cut ( three most voted goals being chosen from by the FIFA Legends panel) after public vote is anybodies guess.

I'd say it'll most certainly be Messi, Zlatan and somebody else.
    Wouldn't know who's the more popular player from the rest of them :pac:

Advertisement