Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryzen 3700x build advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Looking at a new build in the next month. I have a number of parts that I will be carrying over from my old machine including the GPU.

1. What is your budget? €1k to 1.5k

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, Development, VR

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No (can use licence from old machine)

4. Can you use any parts from an old pc. Asus Strix 1070, DVD drive, 1x 1tb 3.5, 1x, 2tb 3.5. 1x 128gb ssd

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920 x 1080 120hz. Plan to upgrade to a 2560 x 1440 144hz before the end of the year.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Nope

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Possibly. Lets say no for now though.

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]. Any

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]. Over the next month.

Rough list that I have so far.

CPU: (€347.00 @ Alternate)
    Motherboard: (€185.61 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: (€128.89 @ Alternate)
    Storage: (€132.89 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: (€176.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: (€120.39 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: (€87.41 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: (€92.00 @ ARLT)
    Total: €1271.09

Plan is to change the GPU to a 2070 Super and get a 1440 144hz monitor around black friday. Possibly double the ram.

You going ahead with this build? Im interested in making a similar build myself (first build)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Instead of 2x SSDs, get a single 2Tb Corsair Force MP510.
    It's better than the 970 Evo 1Tb in every metric.

Advertisement