Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV solar panels

Options
  • 20-08-2019 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am looking for advice recently got 10 panels with the inverter, switch for immersion and battery etc.
    I have the app and seem to be losing the power in battery in the evening when everyone comes home. I asked about the wattage of battery and was told it was 2.4kw in the offer pack the battery is 4.5kw I rang rep and he said they did that so power would go to heat water???? Now I m confused I was told initially the power being made is going to the house then to the battery when the battery is full it heats the water then it goes to the grid. There seems to be a lot going to the grid.
    So last night it had made 14.1kw the battery was full at 5 by 8 there was 14% left in battery and no hot water. Question I m asking is would I be better with the 4.5kw battery I am using 8kw a day with ESB before I got panels.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,100 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If you were quoted & were charged for the bigger battery then you should have the bigger battery. There's not much more to say about it after that

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Libby12

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    If you were quoted & were charged for the bigger battery then you should have the bigger battery. There's not much more to say about it after that

Hi
    I have asked for the larger battery and he said he has to wait to talk to office and will get back to me Monday. I just want to know what I am talking about if they argue the point about the water needing to be heated. Your at a loss when you don't know much about how it operates. They said if there is a bigger battery it will take longer for water to heat

• Registered Users Posts: 17,100 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Libby12 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have asked for the larger battery and he said he has to wait to talk to office and will get back to me Monday. I just want to know what I am talking about if they argue the point about the water needing to be heated. Your at a loss when you don't know much about how it operates. They said if there is a bigger battery it will take longer for water to heat

You will get better answers in the renewable forum. Lots of posters there have had PV for years & know as much or more than the experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Libby12

Hi
    Thanks I will try that forum. Just to let you know they are
    Giving me the battery but taking an immersion switch I pulled
    Him on it as it part of the package and he backed down immediately
    Jesus it's sad day when you have to fight for what you bought.
    He needs a form signed so not signing till I have everything

Advertisement