Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funds transferred to my account

Options
  • 21-08-2019 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My mam transferred funds from her permanent tsb account on Thursday night to my bank of ireland account. Why havent I recieved the funds yet?? This is the 4th working day and theres still nothing in my account. Has something gone wrong? Why is it taking so long?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Megp2211,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We are very sorry to hear that the funds haven't been credited to your account yet.

When we receive funds for you, we will credit them to your account straight away. The overall timeframe is up to the sending bank and how long it takes them to transfer the money. We would expect most banks to complete this kind of transfer within 1-2 working days so we would advise asking your mam to reach out to her own bank to query this.

We would also advise asking the sending bank for a "proof of payment". This is like a receipt for a transfer and includes all of the transfer details. If you bring this to a BOI branch we can investigate this for you.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Megp2211 wrote: »
    My mam transferred funds from her permanent tsb account on Thursday night to my bank of ireland account. Why havent I recieved the funds yet?? This is the 4th working day and theres still nothing in my account. Has something gone wrong? Why is it taking so long?

Have you received the funds yet? The reason I ask is that funds transferred from PTSB to my BoI account haven't arrivrd either. The transfer normally takes 4 to 5 hours but it hasn't happened today.

Advertisement