Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deletion of: Third Irish forestry fund thread

Options
  • 21-08-2019 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Where is the third forestry forun??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭Tow

Dear Sir/Madam,

The thread 'Third Irish forestry fund' was deleted. Detail the reasons for its deletion.

Tow.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was hidden by a mod for review purposes - this usually happens if there are a large number of recent posts that need to be reviewed before posting can be resumed.

I'll ask the mod in question for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Due to developments with the fund this morning it would be helpful to have access today if possible.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

I was the Mod. The thread is not deleted but removed from view pending decisions by the Moderation team on an issue that has developed. Given the length of the thread and the subject matter, as we are not experienced in that area, I would ask for a little patience. The thread will be re-instated ASAP.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Can I get an update on this ?

I had subscribed to that thread, and I notice the subscription is gone from the list on my account as well.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

I'll be more succinct: has Boards.ie come under pressure from the Forestry Funds over this ?

It is patently clear that the people on-thread were not happy with the whole sale transaction and there are questions to be answered. Why the Fund would enjoy the protection of boards.ie over they 'users' escapes me.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

greysides wrote: »
    I was the Mod. The thread is not deleted but removed from view pending decisions by the Moderation team on an issue that has developed. Given the length of the thread and the subject matter, as we are not experienced in that area, I would ask for a little patience. The thread will be re-instated ASAP.

It would be helpful if you put a post in Forestry on where this thread is gone to, and why.

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭Tow

There is serious money evolved and it appears many long term Board's members have shares. Feel free to blackout the directors names, they are no secret and in the public domain for many years.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

galwaytt wrote: »
    Can I get an update on this ?

I had subscribed to that thread, and I notice the subscription is gone from the list on my account as well.

I expect it will return when the thread is reinstated. Bear in mind all the mods have day jobs.... it may be a while before we can deal with it.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

For what it's worth I'd start a fresh thread as the cheques landed today.

I suspect a note about sticking to known facts and not impugning company directors while speculating about expenses would be helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bear with us, folks. We are discussing it now.

Thanks for patience, folks. The F&F thread is open again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement