Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card needed

• 21-08-2019 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi All

In a bit of bother, We are collecting a hire car tomorrow in Spain. Booked it through Ryanair. Just realised we need a credit card to pay down a large sum before getting the car. We don't have a credit card!! Can we get one today?:o
    We have accounts with AIB and ulsterbank.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

nobody on boards is going to be able to give you a credit card

speak to your banks or a credit card provider.

saying that the card probably won't arrive in time if you are going tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

Very little can be done in 24hrs by banks.

Can taken 7-10 day to post out the card when your credit card account request is processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Espoo

Thanks Gwalk
    Yeah I just thought someone might know of one bank in particular that may be more helpful than most. Like give us a card over the counter.
    I guess the banks we have accounts with are first to ask.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Sorry OP, just read back my post and it seems a bit snotty so i apologise as this was not intened

I know that Bunq have a travel card that is coded as a credit card, but again it wont arrive in time but the card number might be available in the app?

possibly worth a shot?

theres a big Bunq thread on here that someone else who uses it may be able to help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

gwalk wrote: »
    Sorry OP, just read back my post and it seems a bit snotty so i apologise as this was not intened

I know that Bunq have a travel card that is coded as a credit card, but again it wont arrive in time but the card number might be available in the app?

possibly worth a shot?

theres a big Bunq thread on here that someone else who uses it may be able to help

What's the amount needed? A prepaid card may be the only option you have if it can be loaded

Revoult maybe but could that be used without card? As no chance u would get a physical card from bank or revolt by tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Espoo wrote: »
    Hi All

In a bit of bother, We are collecting a hire car tomorrow in Spain. Booked it through Ryanair. Just realised we need a credit card to pay down a large sum before getting the car. We don't have a credit card!! Can we get one today?:o
    We have accounts with AIB and ulsterbank.

Cheers

Car rental companies are notorious for being d.icks about this. From my experience they might release the car via your debit car but only if you agree to take out the extra insurance which is usually extortionate. Assuming you can't book a car under anyone elses name in your group who has a credit card I would make arrangements for not getting the car.

Thanks Gwalk.
    No we seen the funny side to your original post!
    We'll give that a shot.

What's the amount needed? A prepaid card may be the only option you have if it can be loaded

Revoult maybe but could that be used without card? As no chance u would get a physical card from bank or revolt by tomorrow

Cheers. €1400

gwalk wrote: »

possibly worth a shot?

Thanks Gwalk.
    No we seen the funny side to your original post!
    We'll give that a shot.

Mezcita wrote: »
    Car rental companies are notorious for being d.icks about this. From my experience they might release the car via your debit car but only if you agree to take out the extra insurance which is usually extortionate. Assuming you can't book a car under anyone elses name in your group who has a credit card I would make arrangements for not getting the car.

Cheers Mezcita

If we had of cancelled the car 48 hours prior to pick up there is no cancellation charge. But now we would lose the cost of the booking if we cancelled. If we go ahead and pick up the car tomorrow we will pay the cost of booking again. About €80. Not the end of the world but annoying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement