Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post: Email "we missed your post" notification but no notice in letterbox

Options
  • 21-08-2019 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭

I have email with the package number, could i use this to collect at their mail centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I have email with the package number, could i use this to collect at their mail centre?

I cannot see any reason why they wouldn't accept it. Just make sure to bring ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They may re-try delivery one/two more times before leaving the notice depending on what sender and service it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

L1011 wrote: »
    They may re-try delivery one/two more times before leaving the notice depending on what sender and service it is.

yeah with Amazon packages they try deliver it 3 times before they leave the slip

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

In Cork this means it's gone back to the mail centre and will be delayed. You can't go to the depot and collect. Happened me twice. Last time it went to the mail centre for 10 days. Then I was in waiting for post man, got an email at 08.10 saying mailman missed me, collect from depot and at 08.20 saying it was in depot waiting. Post never comes before 11am. And sure enough it came at 11am, no mention of a package. :rolleyes:

Advertisement