Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC for Teenager €750/€850

Options
  • 21-08-2019 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭

Hello, my teenage cousin is looking to get his first gaming PC for his birthday. Up to now he's been playing Overwatch, Fortnite & Rainbox 6 on his PS4.

His parents are gravitating towards a pre-built PC due to the reliability and ease. But I'm aware there is much better value to be had. One pre-build that was suggested is the Dell below. But I'm sure he can do better.

Dell, i3-8100, GTX 1050 2GB, 8GB DDR4

What build would you recommend for him?

And is there any better pre-built alternatives that would be worth considering?

I know you guys have good things to say about Scan & Overclockers pre-builds.
    This looks like a decent option to me: Ryzen 5 2600, RX 590 8GB, 16 GB DDR4 @ Overclockers.co.uk

Remove windows and anti virus and add a SSD and it works out at £690 / €750. I assume delivery of a PC form the UK is safe enough? He'd also need to add a monitor to this, so it would be over budget.

1. What is your budget? €750/€850
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming - Overwatch, Rainbow 6, Fortnite and similar.
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No - can source one elsewhere
    4. Can you use any parts from an old pc. Intel i3-4130 @ 3.4GHz, ASRock H81M, Sharkoon case, WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB, PSU, CDRom Drive - Not sure if any are worth using, otherwise he can sell them.
    5. Do you need a monitor? Yes
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Should be okay for now, can upgrade as he goes.
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Unlikely - not initially anyway.
    8. How can you pay? Any
    9. When are you purchasing? In the next week.

As always, thanks for your help.

//Edit - It's an i3 4130 not i3 5130 - thanks @ Xenoronin.

Comments

Advertisement