Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Sites Laws in Dublin City

Options
  • 21-08-2019 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Are there any specific rules regarding the times of day when construction work may be carried out in a built up residential area ?

There is a hotel being built next to my apartment building and I just wanted to know what normal construction hours are ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Are there any specific rules regarding the times of day when construction work may be carried out in a built up residential area ?

There is a hotel being built next to my apartment building and I just wanted to know what normal construction hours are ?

The specific construction hours will usually be part of the planning permission.

Search for it here:
    http://www.dublincity.ie/LocationPublisher/default.aspx?topicname=Planning&MapName=Planning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Go to your council's planning page and look up the specific planning permission. It will usually restrict hours of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dancingwith

Thanks all

I looked it up. Its 07:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday, and 08:00 start on a Saturday

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks all

I looked it up. Its 07:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday, and 08:00 start on a Saturday

Don’t forget they must finish by 1pm on saturdays too.
    If they breach these times you can complain to planningenforcement@dublincity.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭madmac187

kceire wrote: »
    Don’t forget they must finish by 1pm on saturdays too.
    If they breach these times you can complain to planningenforcement@dublincity.ie

It’s not 1pm. It’s 2pm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement