Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair 1 - 0 Forsa

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Look at the most dysfunctional organisations in the state and you do not have to look far to see the Unions paws all over it.

The Gardai, the health service, CIE, The civil service, just to name a few examples.

Well run organisations that provides good value for money and Unions do not go hand in hand. It is why less and fewer people join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

You support every strike don’t you? Has there ever been a strike you thought wasn’t justified?
    You support pilots on 175k striking for an unspecified amount!

Just for balance, a Dublin based Captain earns around 150k (basic around 90k) whilst an FO earns around 80k (around 30k basic). Total salary includes pension contribution, sector and performance pay etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

omega man wrote: »
    Just for balance, a Dublin based Captain earns around 150k (basic around 90k) whilst an FO earns around 80k (around 30k basic). Total salary includes pension contribution, sector and performance pay etc.

Them salary scales seem high for Ryanair. I would expect it at EI and BA but Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

You support every strike don’t you? Has there ever been a strike you thought wasn’t justified?
    You support pilots on 175k striking for an unspecified amount!

correct.
    as far as i am concerned nobody goes out on strike unless they absolutely have to, especially considering they will lose pay for the day or days they strike.
    so yes i will defend workers taking that course of action if they feel they are left with no other option but to do so, and i am very happy to do that.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I think one of Michael O'Leary's biggest regret will be letting Ryanair staff join a union.There is not a hope Ryanair would be where it's today if the were in a union from day one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

correct.
    as far as i am concerned nobody goes out on strike unless they absolutely have to, especially considering they will lose pay for the day or days they strike.
    so yes i will defend workers taking that course of action if they feel they are left with no other option but to do so, and i am very happy to do that.

Translation: Not matter how fanciful, illogical, irrational or unreasonable their demands may be, or how dreadful the effects of their industrial action on the innocent members of the public who pay their wages, the wurkers, Gawd bless 'em, are always right.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

Can anyone actually explain what forsa do for their members.

apart from income continuance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Ryanair pilots work to protect their passengers. Every day that they work, involve procedures that protect ordinary people in planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Luis21 wrote: »
    Can anyone actually explain what forsa do for their members.

apart from income continuance ?

protect terms, conditions, insure the company abides by everything in relation to employment, etc.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

protect terms, conditions, insure the company abides by everything in relation to employment, etc.

No, they don't.

There is a minimum wage enforced by law. Then there is all the Health and Safety laws to ensure good working environments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

This thread is great 3 posts up from this is a post from the end of January replying to a post in August last year.

Advertisement