Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

posted Letter to Sydney

Options
  • 21-08-2019 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I posted a letter to Sydney on 7th August from Ireland & it hasn't arrived yet. I definitely had the correct address on it & €1.70 postage. Should I be be getting concerned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

hillbloom wrote: »
    I posted a letter to Sydney on 7th August from Ireland & it hasn't arrived yet. I definitely had the correct address on it & €1.70 postage. Should I be be getting concerned.
    Yes, you should. It would ordinarily have arrived by now. That's not to say that it won't arrive late, but something seems to have gone amiss, so there's no telling when it may arrive.

Is there any chance it was overweight or oversize? Did you put your own return address on the envelope?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

It was only an ordinary envelope ....I even checked the cost in the Post Office. Goes to show one wouldn't want to send money in the post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

hillbloom wrote: »
    It was only an ordinary envelope ....I even checked the cost in the Post Office. Goes to show one wouldn't want to send money in the post!!

Not in this day and age anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

IT can take 4 weeks or more sometimes sending letters from Ireland to Australia.
    Last letter I posted took a little over 4 weeks to arrive from the post date stamp in Australia to arrival day in Dublin. It's shocking.

Wait another 2 weeks before you start to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Not in this day and age anyways
    There was never a time when you wanted to send money in the post. That's why the postal order was invented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Is your own address on the back? They are very particular about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

The letter arrived in Sydney on Friday 23rd. Had been posted in Ireland on 7th. It usually took 8 working days!! I hadn't my address on the back of it but will do in future. A happy ending!!

Advertisement