Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast in Castlebar

Options
  • 21-08-2019 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Just wondering
    Where would one get the best sit down breakfast in Castlebar ?
    Where would one get the best breakfast roll in Castlebar ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Really depends on what you want from a breakfast.

Cafe Rua does a good quality breakfast with plenty of options outside of the fry up. The Brewery Cup is a good spot too, less fussy than Rua, but good quality and options all the same.

The one spot that I can't understand why it seems so busy is Cuppa Joe's (formerly Galway Roast). Quality of food is pretty poor, you'd be better off heading to Casey's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

If you want fancy breakfast, either of the Rua cafes are good
    If you want no frills no fancy but just want a greasy but savage feed, then then its lillies hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Danollas do a savage breakfast too. I thought Lillie's had closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Had the best breakfast I've ever had anywhere, in Caroline's on Market Square. Unreal. Lovely coffee too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

irishgeo wrote: »
    Danollas do a savage breakfast too. I thought Lillie's had closed.

Lillies....closed....dont say that to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Had the best breakfast I've ever had anywhere, in Caroline's on Market Square. Unreal. Lovely coffee too.

Thanks for the suggestion, looks good from their Fbook page. Didn't know they did evenings as well, good to have another option in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Cafe M is quite good as well always Prenty on the plate

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah had breakfast in there a few weeks ago, really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭peter4918

The Tara cafe in the SuperValu centre does a decent full Irish breakfast with plenty of coffee/tea/toast. They also have plenty of other breakfast options like omelettes, porridge, poached eggs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Either of the Café Rua are very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

Always found Thunderroad Cafe on the Main Street very good. Great staff, quick service and the food sticks with you all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Vote for Cafe Nova. Rua's and Thunder road good too.
    Lilly's all day Breakfast literally lasts all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

PARlance wrote: »
    The one spot that I can't understand why it seems so busy is Cuppa Joe's (formerly Galway Roast). Quality of food is pretty poor, you'd be better off heading to Casey's.

Had food in Cuppa Joes a couple of weekends ago and thought it was lovely.

Advertisement