Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Samsung 64" plasma - OLED or not??

• 21-08-2019 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi folks looking for some advice.

I am looking to upgrade my brilliant Samsung 64" F8500 plasma after 6 years of service as it has developed a fault and the tv will not turn on consistently (engineer looking at this issue as we speak). I had planned on upgrading the tv next year anyway so worst case scenario i might be getting a replacement this year and i am trying to decide between the LG C9 and Samsung QE65Q90R.

I had basically decided on the LG C9 but one thing keeps cropping up in the mind - the accumulative screen burn issue. Now coming from a plasma i am used to the idea of screen burn and would be careful to not leave any static image on screen for a long time. I never had a single issue with the Samsung. The OLED screen burn appears to be a different beast though and from what i have read in this forum is based on accumulative hours which has me worried. I do game and watch a lot of football/movies etc so i'm conscious of having a logo etc burnt into the screen through normal use after a number of years.

How much of an issue is this? is the safe option to just go with the Samsung Qled and not have to worry about this issue at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

Just to update if someone has a similar query i ended up going for the LG C9...Cracking tv

Advertisement