Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consultant recommendation

Options
  • 21-08-2019 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi!

We've just found out that I'm pregnant - woo!

We're going to go private but I'm a bit stuck on choosing between the three Dublin hospitals and a consultant.

So far all I've got is...

The quality of care is likely to be almost identical between hospitals and consultants. It really comes down to bedside manner and convenience.

I've met one of the consultants before in a different context and I liked her so that's the most info I have about anyone.

I'm equidistant to the three hospitals but the Coombe is possibly slightly more convenient due to parking.

For a consultant I'm just looking for someone who listens, gives me all the information I need and is practical and not an ass hole.

Would anyone have any more information to help us come to a decision? About pros and cons of the 3 hospitals and of your own experience with the personality of consultants.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Blue bull

We went to Prof Fergal Malone in the rotunda hospital for our three kids. Could not recommend him highly enough. He always had us at ease, his whole team were brilliant and it was a great experience. Only downside to the hospital is that parking can be a little bit of a pain but that's all. Hope this helps and good luck with the pregnancyðŸ¼ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Would you consider seeing a consultant in the Evie clinic in the beacon. Loads of parking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NoodleFaces

Millem wrote: »
    Would you consider seeing a consultant in the Evie clinic in the beacon. Loads of parking!

I'd never heard of it! Thanks for the thought - do you know anyone whose used that service?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I would have thought the Rotunda is the best of the three for parking?Dpes the Coombe not fill up really quickly?You just park in cinema carpark for the Rotunda and the hospital clips your ticket so the rate is reduced.
    Three semi-private in the Rotunda-unfortunately my consultants have retired or moved on since so no recommendations but overall extremely happy with the whole experience there.
    Plus they have a new chef in the private wards and the food is unbelievable!!!

Advertisement