Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the legal required period for moving out? + Tips with big landlord

Options
  • 21-08-2019 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Moved into apartment in September 2018.

So contract is up in September, 3 of us are sharing apartment (all signed contract so everything legal here).

Deposit was 2x Monthly rent, so 3100 Euro.

We are planning to move out in around end of October, so that means we've been here for 1 Year and 2 Months.

What's the notice period we are obligated to give?
    Also it's the biggest landlord in Ireland as our agency, I heard sketchy stories about them with deposits, any tips here?

We have one damaged wall, just paint came off when we stuck stuff with glue (I know it was stupid) and then pulled it off, the top layer came off.

I am quite good with DIY, would it be worth plastering that patch and repainting whole wall to match?

Is it a thing here to request deposit loss breakdown? (So they list how much is lost and for what?)

Any tips/advice appreciated.

Advertisement