Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

signing a sepa direct debit mandate

Options
  • 21-08-2019 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

I have a payemnt for €30 coming out of my bank account each month to the company three. i do not know what it is for and i have contacted them twice to cancel it. each time they could not tell me what it is for and they told me it was cancelled. i have a feeling that it is a premium subscription service.  however it has still come out of my account. i am sending off the form to boi today to cancel the direct debit.
    i am however filling out the form for a refund of a direct debit with boi. part of the form is asking me if "i did not sign a SEPA direct debit mandate" - what exactly does that mean? does it mean an actual physical signature? or could it mean a signature online or ticked a box to accept a charge to something on a mobile phone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi duffysfarm,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We're sorry to hear that Three were unable to provide you with more information on this.

This question is asking if you are aware that you agreed to the direct debit mandate, this can be done by ticking a box on a website. If this payment has been going out for more than 8 weeks the refund request can be done over the phone by ringing 0818365365.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement