Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If it ever arrives, fiber broadband could be obsolete in a few years

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fieldofsheep

• First off, I don't work for Eir or in the telco industry.
    • Eircodes can be use in Google Maps offline - see https://www.autoaddress.ie/blog/autoaddressblog/2016/12/21/using-eircode-with-google-maps
    • I've no experience of Siro as a supplier, so I didn't comment.
    • "We are we are" is a common enough phrase, which generally recognises that the current situation we find ourselves in less than ideal, but that it would be difficult/expensive to remediate - therefore we have to plan for the future in this context.  In this example, the plethora of one-off housing makes it difficult to provide infrastructure, but this doesn't mean that we demolish existing one-off houses and relocate people to a more urban setting.
    • I don't speak on anyone's behalf, but this site is littered with people saying what 'we' have to do in all walks of life - I'm offering my opinion on what direction this country needs to take to move towards a 'digital society'
    • What you referred to as 'drivel cut' was where I was pointing out how multiple providers are providing services over a shared infrastructure, which is literally the point you have been making constantly throughout this thread as to how it should be done.  Virgin Media (WISPs notwithstanding) seem to be the only large provider of domestic network infrastructure who do not act as a wholesaler of their own network.
    To be honest, you seem to be extrapolating your personal experiences to the infrastructure across the country as a whole - I point out that you can use your Eircode to check to see if you're on OpenEir's fibre rollout plan, and because it's not available to you, it mustn't be available anywhere else?  You claim that Xavier Neil has installed GB internet in France, but he's incapable of offering better that 30mbs in Ireland, ignoring the hundreds of thousands of users who have access to gigabit internet already?

Advertisement