Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trimming trees that are not mine!

Options
  • 21-08-2019 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Any advice appreciated!

We are doing some work in our back garden and I got a quote for €750 + vat to cut back the trees overhanging into our garden. It’s necessary but pretty painful to fork out that amount of cash for overgrown trees that aren’t even my own!!

Our garden is not big at all but it backs onto a playing field (parish owned) with 2 very large trees that overhang and the neighbours own the other 2 large trees.

I don’t really want to bother the neighbours but should the parish cover any of the cost to cut back the trees that are in the playing field ... or is it just my problem?

Thanks in advance 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

https://treecouncil.ie/tree-advice/trees-law/

According to this yes, you can cut, notice isn’t required.

I’d call them though and politely maintain they do, their responsibility, time and cost, be a good neighbor etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well I'd certainly have a word with the parish and see if they can cough up some cash, as for the neighbours you can inform them of your intention in a helpful way (if you know what I mean) and see how they respond. Can you get a pic linked as an attachment file? Just for curiosity.

Advertisement