Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropped Iphone 5s- Whats next step?

Options
  • 22-08-2019 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Dropped my iPhone 5s yesterday,even though it had otterbox and front screen cover it fell on its front and screen is badly cracked.
    Basically I cant make or answer calls on it:(
    and I can just about text but the phones keys have a mind of their own!....if you go to text...... lots more letters will add on randomly even when you are not touching the phone.
    Bought as an upgrade deal with Vodafone last Xmas,have it insured on the house insurance.
    Wondering if I should bring it into Vodafone shop and get them to save the phone numbers off the sim first before I tell insurer about what happened?..... can I try and save the photos off it first myself onto a PC?

Given its fairly screwed....would insurer be likely to send it away to be repaired or would they issue a replacement phone?

With work I cannot afford to be without the phone for any length of time if it ended up being sent off to be repaired.

Really appreciate anyones thoughts on best way of going about replacing phone etc and getting info like photos off it.

PS- As the phone is doing weird things like typing away to create texts without me touching the buttons iykwim and going onto youtube and playing songs etc of its own volition does that mean that the internal elements of the phone are actually compromised as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Dropped my iPhone 5s yesterday,even though it had otterbox and front screen cover it fell on its front and screen is badly cracked.
    Basically I cant make or answer calls on it:(
    and I can just about text but the phones keys have a mind of their own!....if you go to text...... lots more letters will add on randomly even when you are not touching the phone.
    Bought as an upgrade deal with Vodafone last Xmas,have it insured on the house insurance.
    Wondering if I should bring it into Vodafone shop and get them to save the phone numbers off the sim first before I tell insurer about what happened?..... can I try and save the photos off it first myself onto a PC?

Given its fairly screwed....would insurer be likely to send it away to be repaired or would they issue a replacement phone?

With work I cannot afford to be without the phone for any length of time if it ended up being sent off to be repaired.

Really appreciate anyones thoughts on best way of going about replacing phone etc and getting info like photos off it.

PS- As the phone is doing weird things like typing away to create texts without me touching the buttons iykwim and going onto youtube and playing songs etc of its own volition does that mean that the internal elements of the phone are actually compromised as well?
    It sounds like you just damaged the screen.bring it in to any of the Chinese phone shops in town and a new screen replacement should only be about 35-45€.and only take an hour.vodafone will want to send the phone away to a repairer(not apple).this could take 2weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Ok thanks....I suppose I could try the phone repair shop option first and if the replacement screen doesn't solve the problem I will have to go further afield.Not near a big town though so might not get it fixed in an hour:)

We are speaking purely hypothetically but would the insurer company be likely to just want to send the phone off for repair (if the replacing of the screen) doesn't work? I cannot afford to be left without the phone for work purposes for any more than a few days or would they be reasonable and ok me getting a replacement phone?

Thanks for any replies.

massy086 wrote: »
    It sounds like you just damaged the screen.bring it in to any of the Chinese phone shops in town and a new screen replacement should only be about 35-45€.and only take an hour.vodafone will want to send the phone away to a repairer(not apple).this could take 2weeks
    Delighted to say you were spot on....new front for 40 euro has phone back in action.Thanks for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Delighted to say you were spot on....new front for 40 euro has phone back in action.Thanks for your advice.
    ah that's great and a good price too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement