Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridley Fenix SL

Options
  • 22-08-2019 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Before I pull the trigger on bike purchase, just wondering if anyone has any views on/ experience of the Ridley Fenix SL?

https://www.merlincycles.com/ridley-fenix-sl-chorus-eps-carbon-road-bike-126205.html

Specifically wondering about sizing I suppose - I'm pretty much 6ft. I'm making further enquiries regarding stack and reach sizing etc, but can't beat a bit of personal experience if anyone has a Ridley?

Other question is Campag Chorus EPS V2... I'm a big Campag fan. Haven't used their EPS system before though, and wondering if there's anything I should be bearing in mind given its the V2 not V3?

Any thoughts would be gratefully received!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

Don’t have a Fenix but have owned a Damocles for a few years. I’m same height as you and bought a medium which is perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

hesker wrote: »
    Don’t have a Fenix but have owned a Damocles for a few years. I’m same height as you and bought a medium which is perfect

Agreed, Ridleys traditionally come up 'big'. I had a large and could have done with a medium, I'm 186cm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Cool, thanks, will do a bit more digging. That was my worry though. They only have it in Large at that price and spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I have a L Ridley (an old Orion carbon yoke). I'm 190cm and I have the saddle down reasonably low... I reckon someone a good bit taller than me would still be comfortable on the L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Run it through geometrygeeks.bike ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Paddigol wrote: »
    I'm making further enquiries regarding stack and reach sizing etc
    your stack and reach, or the bike's stack and reach?

Geometry_Fenix_SL-1.png

your stack and reach, or the bike's stack and reach?

Mine... It's been 6 years since my last purchase and I haven't a notion what my sizing is or what my current bike S&R is. Needless to say, I'm not the most technically-minded person around!

I actually found this sizing guide which helpfully splits between aggressive and relaxed positions... http://www.londonbicycleworkshop.com/95988/products/ridley-fenix-sl-ultegra-grey.aspx

I was ready to pull the plug... now my finger is hovering over the big red button... but the sensible voice in my head is asking what I'm thinking, buying a bike I've never thrown my leg over before!

I need a coffee. And a cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I’m 181cm with long legs (34” inseam) and I had a Medium Ridley Compact and Ridley Orion. I tried a large size Orion and found it too big. I reckon your safe enough on a Medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭TooObvious

183cm here and riding a Ridley Noah in medium.

Definitely Medium for someone 6 foot.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies guys. Will probably give this one a miss, top price notwithstanding.

Advertisement