Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Stillill42 wrote: »
    It's an absolute disgrace. Between themselves and Podpads, the 'luxury' camping options were a shambles last year, yet both have upped their prices this year. My first experience of glamping and never, I mean never again. They treat us like assholes, which we clearly are. I long for the day when we, as a nation, start to avoid this **** again.

Sorry. I didn't really like it last year.

Agree... I think Tangerine Fields were around the €250-€300 last year and they do were not worth it.. Tent was stinking and our friends one leaked really badly.. Facilities also crap.. Back to general camping for me next year.. Never again..

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭TenPicnics

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Agree... I think Tangerine Fields were around the €250-€300 last year and they do were not worth it.. Tent was stinking and our friends one leaked really badly.. Facilities also crap.. Back to general camping for me next year.. Never again..

Yes, general camping at ATN looked grand this year. I've been a Pink Mooner at EP for many years, neither Tangerine Fields nor Pod Pads at ATN compare to what you get in Pink Moon at EP. The "boutique options" at ATN were a disgraceful rip-off last year and I wouldn't be confident they'll improve much for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I could never justify paying that price. I've never done so, so maybe it's case of ignorance being bliss but can't see how it would be worth it. If there was a B and B or hotel nearby for a bit more for the 3 nights you'd say grand but not for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I pay 100 a might for a 'BnB' in Stradbally village for EP every year. Lucky to have it, I know but really couldn't believe the cheek of Podpads last year in Curraghmore. My sister splashed out on a Bellepad for 6 of us as a treat out of a work bonus, God bless her. I can't even bring myself to say what it cost. Nothing but problems. I sent off a lengthy email after the event which they didn't bother their arses replying to. Why would they, I suppose. It makes my blood boil.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

This looks like a cool concept. I would imagine the transport of the units to and from might be an issue if they don't fold flat.

I guess a pod pad is pretty much like this really. My better half and I used to do the podpads until i got sick of paying for it 3 times a year and went the campervan route. We were spending about 1,200 a year on glamping. We ran a campervan for three years and sold it for 1,500 less than we paid for it.

I am now in caravan world. I have said it before and I will say it again... if there are about 4 of you going to 2+ festivals a year, you should really consider chipping in for a 2nd hand caravan for festivals. I spent 4,000 on my caravan 3 years ago and we use it 3 festivals per year for 2 of us. It is way better than any of the glamping options.

Just don't show it to Eoghan Murphy..

Eod100 wrote: »
    Just don't show it to Eoghan Murphy..

Bijou affordable studio apartments Dun Laoghaire. 2500 a month. Ideal for young professionals and small families. We continue to make inroads into the housing shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

TenPicnics wrote: »
    Remarkable just how much more expensive it is for ATN compared to the UK festivals: ATN punters will be paying €360 euros for the 2-4 man tent while Green Man or Boomtown punters only pay £180 for the same tent..

They are an English company and will have to add extra logistic costs for shipping overseas. The prices are still a rip off, but Ireland will always be more expensive because of that reason. A gap in the market for an Irish company to set up and undercut Podpads and TF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will the Boomtown Rats be added

Have a new album out in 2020

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

PTH2009 wrote: »

They can play on the Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They can play on the Monday

Dont get the dislike of them

I knw Bob has a big opinionated mouth but there songs are decent. Saw them in 2018 supporting Queen and Adam Lambert and enjoyed them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I knw Bob has a big opinionated mouth but there songs are decent.

That's where I stopped reading.

I knw Bob has a big opinionated mouth but there songs are decent. Saw them in 2018 supporting Queen and Adam Lambert and enjoyed them

I meant more for this song:

Don't hate them, but wouldn't be massively pumped for them!

Theyre playing Forever Young in July. Not sure if that precludes them from ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

19th Feb 2018 - first wave of acts announced
    19th Feb 2019 - first wave of acts announced
    19th Feb 2020 - first wave of acts announced??

Ignoring the two acts already announced we are only 6.71 weeks away from the first BIG announcement :cool:

19th Feb 2018 - first wave of acts announced
    19th Feb 2019 - first wave of acts announced
    19th Feb 2020 - first wave of acts announced??

Ignoring the two acts already announced we are only 6.71 weeks away from the first BIG announcement :cool:

Wonder will Sinead O Connor be part of that one or will they wait bit longer for her other summer gigs to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Eod100 wrote: »
    Wonder will Sinead O Connor be part of that one or will they wait bit longer for her other summer gigs to sell.

Yes i would imagine so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

My mam got me and my boyfriend atn tickets this Christmas. Happy days, it'll be our second time going.

Second time for me ever at a festival, and definitely learned a few things last time. Bringing a bigger tent and also a blow up bed!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

My mam got me and my boyfriend atn tickets this Christmas. Happy days, it'll be our second time going.

Second time for me ever at a festival, and definitely learned a few things last time. Bringing a bigger tent and also a blow up bed!!

If you want to minimise your packing, there was a crowd up there last year who sold inflated airbeds. We bought ours from them and it was great.

You have to bring it away with you after - you buy it, you don't rent - but it made a difference. We weren't carrying alcohol on the way out so it made it easier to pack. Tent, clothes and booze on the way in, tent, clothes and deflated airbed on the way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Just remembered the walk in.... So sweaty

Synode wrote: »
    Just remembered the walk in.... So sweaty

Twas some trek over to the far quieter campsite. Remember my bag was cutting the shoulders off me by time I got over. Might bring some wheely contraption yoke. Been going to enough festivals that it's probably worth doing by now!

We had a wheelie thing. Pulling it up the hill was an absolute killer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Oh man. That hill. And the wasps.

I had blocked it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Yeah the walk in was atrocious.. And the heat and wasps :( 1 hr and a half for what should have been five minutes.

We were tired from walking so ended up putting our stuff down straight away by the main entrance. The top of a hill

Ill be walking down a bit more next time to camp more near the fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Coz

Synode wrote:

They've promised to address that this year. Friends of ours discovered that there was an alternative route that avoided that hill entirely!!

Coz wrote: »
    They've promised to address that this year. Friends of ours discovered that there was an alternative route that avoided that hill entirely!!

Yes, the way out if you had to go back to car. Was ridiculous they wouldn't let you come in that way

Forgot there was a hill on way in too. The hill on walk back from quieter campsite to other one was steep but at least on the last day they opened a shortcut to get out to the carpark to avoid it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Absolutely ridiculous entrance last year haha really hope that's changed. Awful way to start the weekend.

Advertisement