Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

or bring the kids to the regular campervan field... which is fine for kids

Are kids allowed in regular one?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Eod100 wrote: »
    Are kids allowed in regular one?

I remember ATN replying to someone about this before that kids are only permitted to stay in the family campervan field and use a family campervan ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

I *think I saw Floating Points at either Life, or one of the Samhain thingys up in Glendalough years ago.... Was in an enhanced state of mind hence why I cant recall where, but would love to see that show again.

Ya the campervan passes and tickets? When are we getting them? I bought in the pre sale and still no sign, was sure I had tickets this time last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

gandalfio wrote: »
    I remember ATN replying to someone about this before that kids are only permitted to stay in the family campervan field and use a family campervan ticket.

There were kids there last year. I never heard or saw such a rule anywhere at any festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    And they are so "choreograped" live. Didn't enjoy them live myself
    you obviously havent seen them live so
    Haim are rotten. I've had more enjoyable blood tests.
    Harsh, might not like them but they aren't 'rotten' by any stretch of the imagination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Kendall Calling in the UK the same weekend as ATN, wonder will we get any from this? Not many I would particularly want to be honest.

EPd_aRCXsAUnQNh?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Kendall Calling in the UK the same weekend as ATN, wonder will we get any from this? Not many I would particularly want to be honest.

EPd_aRCXsAUnQNh?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I’d certainly take Foals and Supergrass from that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Le Bruise wrote: »
    I’d certainly take Foals and Supergrass from that!

Johnny Marr too

Johnny Marr is playing a festival in Ireland already this summer, in Westport I think? Not sure if it would rule him out. Are Foals and Supergrass already playing in Dublin next summer too?

I think Groove Armada are guaranteed. No inside info. Just a gut feeling

They were announced for Camp Bestival today which is the same weekend as ATN, let's hope your gut feeling is true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Any indication of how tickets are selling? Haven't bought ours yet, still 50/50 on the whole thing.
    Groove Armada could seal the deal. Wee announcement would be nice.

Johnny Marr is playing a festival in Ireland already this summer, in Westport I think? Not sure if it would rule him out. Are Foals and Supergrass already playing in Dublin next summer too?

Supergrass are playing The Olympia on 14th/15th February (both sold out quickly), so plenty of scope for a bigger summer return!

Foals are in Trinity in early July, so less chance of that happening....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Supergrass are playing The Olympia on 14th/15th February (both sold out quickly), so plenty of scope for a bigger summer return!

Foals are in Trinity in early July, so less chance of that happening....

it was July last year that Foals played in Trinity. don't think they've any Irish gigs for 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

it was July last year that Foals played in Trinity. don't think they've any Irish gigs for 2020?

True - nothing so far

That's some pretty shoddy googling by me....but on the plus side there's more of a chance of them playing!

rubick wrote: »
    Any indication of how tickets are selling? Haven't bought ours yet, still 50/50 on the whole thing.
    Groove Armada could seal the deal. Wee announcement would be nice.

Not sure on tickets but think more announcements might be out mid February

That's some pretty shoddy googling by me....but on the plus side there's more of a chance of them playing!
    they've a pretty strong relationship with MCD here, so I'd be expecting EP is more likely, but they did play the Marquee a few years ago with Aiken, so that gives us some hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Plush289

Seems awful quiet on the social media front compared to this time last year....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

im holding off...…

Not much to entice me yet, not even when they make the "massive" announcement of Sinead OConnor..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Plush289 wrote: »
    Seems awful quiet on the social media front compared to this time last year....

Yup, mentioned that previously and it's still radio silence. Not one post on either Twitter nor Facebook since before new years is very odd.

I do see that the Tangerine Fields link has opened on their site though. Hopefully they learn from the check in fiasco last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Yup, mentioned that previously and it's still radio silence. Not one post on either Twitter nor Facebook since before new years is very odd.

I do see that the Tangerine Fields link has opened on their site though. Hopefully they learn from the check in fiasco last year!

I really hope they took on some of the feedback about the podpad and TF setup in general, better shower and toilet facilities for starters, maybe even a cafe or some sort of communal area similar to Pink Moon

I really hope they took on some of the feedback about the podpad and TF setup in general, better shower and toilet facilities for starters, maybe even a cafe or some sort of communal area similar to Pink Moon

Yea, they're not a patch on Pink Moon at EP. Even the 'free' Both Sides Now campsite next to us at ATN had food/coffee stalls! Not so much as a cup of lukewarm instant on our side of the fence.

One thing they did get right last year was the handy access into the festival from Boutique. Straight into the heart of things in 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

After the chaos of that country lane main gate queue we made a bee-line for the Both Sides Now campsite - tent up around 1.30pm and basically the field to ourselves until around 5pm. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

*still silently hoping that everyone forgets about both sides now again, it was wonderful!!

yeah, it was fierce quiet in that campsite for most of Friday. we got in there around 2pm so you must have been one of the 15 or so tents in the field at that point!
    we took the m9 all the down and came from the south, so luckily didn't have that country lane. sailed straight into the red carpark after leaving Dublin at 11am.
    friends got down around 7pm, and there was still loads of space for their tents beside ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

you obviously havent seen them live so

You're obviously mistaken so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

greenspurs wrote: »

I came in a similar way last year turned off at Clonmel across mountains through Rathcormack and Clonea and came out directly across from gates. Left work in Limerick at 12.30 was parked up and at podpad by 2.30. Unfortunately for me all my mates were coming from Dublin, left similar time and arrived at 7 that night. I was hammered by the time they got down :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

The radio silence sure is weird, 16 days out from the main announcement (Feb 19th in 2018&2019). Have they ran into issues I wonder.

Getting their and set up last year was a doddle. No comfort to the thousands that were caught up in the queues I know but I’d advise people to do what we did if going from Dublin. We got the train from Dublin to Waterford and the shuttle bus from there. We got a podpad and there was no queue when we got there. Left Dublin at 1, settled down for first can at 4 or 4:30 maybe.

The first year was beautiful, really cannot remember anything to criticise. The crowd was also beautiful, friendly, happy people everywhere. The weather helped a lot too of course.

Last year I felt that whatever was special/magical about the first year just wasn’t there. Was it the increased capacity? The loss of the area as the bandstand in front of the old house? The other stages that were moved around? The rain? The fact we went for boutique camping for the first time? A bit of all of the above I guess. What’s making me come back is the music last year was brilliant imo, lots of highlights. And also the hope that they will revert somewhat.

If it’s going ahead that is!

• Advertisement

It is bit odd alright. If it was poor ticket sales you would think they would be bigging it up more. Think they could be keeping the head down between any announcements to avoid negative feedback. But surely most of that has gone by now? Has there been a specific date announced for this month? Or just going on previous years?

Advertisement