Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Eod100 wrote: »
    It is bit odd alright. If it was poor ticket sales you would think they would be bigging it up more. Think they could be keeping the head down between any announcements to avoid negative feedback. But surely most of that has gone by now? Has there been a specific date announced for this month? Or just going on previous years?

Nothing at all announced. In the absence of social media updates/promotion all we can do is speculate. Feb 19th was the big announcements the last two years though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Not that strange IMO. They've announced two acts, sold some tickets and they have the tenth anniversary of Forbidden Fruit to focus on too.

The announcement of FF last week dominated the social channels - announcing ATN stuff too would just congest social feeds. They've also responded to posts on Instagram and said more acts are coming in February.

Sure, they could go with a "CAN'T WAIT TO BE BACK HERE" picture but would that make any difference?

If we make it to the end of February without a few social posts, I'd be a little more quizzical but there's frequent posting and questioning the future of this festival (not just here but social media too) but the signs are pointing towards it all going to plan - tickets sold and acts announced - rather than not going to plan.

Its the case everywhere - just look at the three month long Primavera meltdown that precedes its announcement every year; or the Electric Picnic talk each year - when's the announcement? WHEN IS IT? Oh this is it? No this must not be it, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

POD are always pretty lax on the social media side, so I'm not too fussed. Not sure what people want from them really.

Body and Soul post regularly and it's (to me) all complete rubbish that I don't want clogging up my feed, so ATN saying nothing is far preferable https://twitter.com/BodyandSoulIrl

Not that strange IMO. They've announced two acts, sold some tickets and they have the tenth anniversary of Forbidden Fruit to focus on too.

The announcement of FF last week dominated the social channels - announcing ATN stuff too would just congest social feeds. They've also responded to posts on Instagram and said more acts are coming in February.

Sure, they could go with a "CAN'T WAIT TO BE BACK HERE" picture but would that make any difference?

If we make it to the end of February without a few social posts, I'd be a little more quizzical but there's frequent posting and questioning the future of this festival (not just here but social media too) but the signs are pointing towards it all going to plan - tickets sold and acts announced - rather than not going to plan.

Its the case everywhere - just look at the three month long Primavera meltdown that precedes its announcement every year; or the Electric Picnic talk each year - when's the announcement? WHEN IS IT? Oh this is it? No this must not be it, etc...

Ah yeah, that makes sense dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

POD are always pretty lax on the social media side, so I'm not too fussed. Not sure what people want from them really.

Body and Soul post regularly and it's (to me) all complete rubbish that I don't want clogging up my feed, so ATN saying nothing is far preferable https://twitter.com/BodyandSoulIrl

Totally agree that the majority of posts are pointless, it’s just that ATN were definitely way more active on social media last year so it’s a tad strange. Assume there’s nowt sinister and they’ll be back clogging feeds soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I wouldn't be worried at all. I would imagine they were dealing with FF and will now start to ramp up ATN. They've announced two acts already so hardly nothing. I can assure you the festival will go ahead.

Anyone else fierce excited about the Sunday of FF??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Ah yeah dont think anyone is panicking just yet! Early days yet sure. More impatience/anticipation than anything

Ah yeah dont think anyone is panicking just yet! Early days yet sure. More impatience/anticipation than anything

True - getting excited for some acts

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

ATN confirmed on Twitter they'll be making a lineup announcement this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 chaosiscopilot

Hi, I've my ATN ticket paid and just got my hands on a campervan (2007 VW Transporter) but the camper tickets are sold out!

Can anyone help? I don't even know where to start looking for one! Where I should keep an eye out?

I'd be gutted if I couldn't take the van to the only festival I'm getting to this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Hi, I've my ATN ticket paid and just got my hands on a campervan (2007 VW Transporter) but the camper tickets are sold out!

Can anyone help? I don't even know where to start looking for one! Where I should keep an eye out?

I'd be gutted if I couldn't take the van to the only festival I'm getting to this year!
    Toutless always your best bet although this thread has plenty of sympathetic van owners. You might be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭desk tidy

Weatherall!!! Holy ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Well, that's ATN definitely on the schedule :D

desk tidy wrote: »
    Weatherall!!! Holy ****

What's this?

Tickets bought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

Weatherall!!! Holy ****

Announcement??

While he's cracking to see live, does it really justify being a standalone announcement, he plays in Ireland quite a lot.

RINO87 wrote: »
    Announcement??

While he's cracking to see live, does it really justify being a standalone announcement, he plays in Ireland quite a lot.

Seems to just be a self announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seems to just be a self announcement

No doubt about it, he will be a guest of the Arcadia Afterburner. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

tis turning more into a rave for auld married couples each year ……. ffs....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Yeah I know, it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Weatherall!!! Holy ****

lol love the enthusiasm.

saw him for a tenner before xmas in the new bernard shaw...hardly ****thebed stuff.. still a grand addition

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    saw him for a tenner before xmas in the new bernard shaw...hardly ****thebed stuff.. still a grand addition
    Yeah, was at that too. Weird Xmas crowd. Would have preferred his usual haunt of Wigwam/Twisted Pepper.

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    lol love the enthusiasm.

Was wondering was it same fella alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Weatherall was amazing at Sea Sessions in 2010 and at EP the following year in the Little Big Tent.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chaosiscopilot

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Toutless always your best bet although this thread has plenty of sympathetic van owners. You might be lucky.

I'll have to see if there any ATN fb groups for campervans

Other that here I'm out of ideas 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

I'll have to see if there any ATN fb groups for campervans

Other that here I'm out of ideas 😕

Very likely you'll get sorted if you set an alert for Adverts and Toutless, but it'll be closer to the date when people find they can't go for whatever reason.

Campervan tickets always become available in the weeks leading up to festivals..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Ben Done wrote: »
    Very likely you'll get sorted if you set an alert for Adverts and Toutless, but it'll be closer to the date when people find they can't go for whatever reason.

Campervan tickets always become available in the weeks leading up to festivals..

Usually because they wake up one day and realise they dont actually own or have the use of a campervan

• Advertisement

Usually because they wake up one day and realise they dont actually own or have the use of a campervan

I've actually done this

Advertisement