Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chaosiscopilot

Ben Done wrote: »
    Very likely you'll get sorted if you set an alert for Adverts and Toutless, but it'll be closer to the date when people find they can't go for whatever reason.

Campervan tickets always become available in the weeks leading up to festivals..

Thanks for the help. Is Adverts and Toutless a forum on boards.ie? New to this 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

greenspurs wrote: »
    tis turning more into a rave for auld married couples each year ……. ffs....

Do you think Iggy Pop and Girl Band are good music for raves?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

Thanks for the help. Is Adverts and Toutless a forum on boards.ie? New to this 🙂

Adverts.ie (was owned by boards.ie at one point)
    Toutless.com (run by boards.ie poster Toast)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Do you think Iggy Pop and Girl Band are good music for raves?

That's 2 out how many bands ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

2 so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I had a look on the website there. Iggy Pop and Girl Band are the only 2 announced.

Are there more leaks somewhere else. Why the rave reference?

desk tidy wrote: »

Andy Weatherall ……

Is he a guitar based rock band ??

You all know from the last 2 years line ups, that the majority of the music is dance …

Monotony is boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Andy Weatherall ……

Is he a guitar based rock band ??

You all know from the last 2 years line ups, that the majority of the music is dance …

Monotony is boring.

There's a good selection of everything. If you don't like, don't go.

Synode wrote: »
    There's a good selection of everything. If you don't like, don't go.

Theres not really …. Its mainly dance.... with a wee bit of guitar/rock thrown in.

And , yes, I wont go , if I don't like.... Thanks for the hint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Theres not really …. Its mainly dance.... with a wee bit of guitar/rock thrown in.

It's really, not, though.

2019 - from the website.
    Rock/Indie/Alt-rock/folk
    The National, Patti Smith, Father John Misty, the Good the Bad & the Queen, John Grant, Bombay Bicycle Club, Fontaines DC, Lisa Hannigan, Jose Gonzales

Dance:
    Hot Chip, Orbital, Jon Hopkins, Kiasmos, George Fitzgerald, Moodyman, Leftfield

Other:
    Olafur Arnalds, Neneh Cherry, Loyle Carner, the Wailers, Kojaque

Obviously not the full line-up but the best known acts.

What I will say, though, is they could structure things better - late at night, there was nothing to see other than dance/electronic stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Just looked at last year's poster again. There's tons of non dance acts. 9 of the 12 acts on the top 3 lines are non dance. You're talkin nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chaosiscopilot

Ben Done wrote: »
    Adverts.ie (was owned by boards.ie at one point)
    Toutless.com (run by boards.ie poster Toast)

Thanks a mill ☺️

It's really, not, though.

2019 - from the website.

Obviously not the full line-up but the best known acts.

What I will say, though, is they could structure things better - late at night, there was nothing to see other than dance/electronic stuff.

They turned the folk tent into a late night accoustic tent with David Keenan and Joshua Burnside of note playing sets. Although the tent was too close to the bandstand and the sound wasn't great. If they moved this tent out towards the house it would be an amazing late night folk/acoustic option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They turned the folk tent into a late night accoustic tent with David Keenan and Joshua Burnside of note playing sets. Although the tent was too close to the bandstand and the sound wasn't great. If they moved this tent out towards the house it would be an amazing late night folk/acoustic option

Oh I missed that. Damn!

The bandstand area was a bit of a mess, I thought. Lovely to look at, great food and drinks but sound was in and out a bit.

Shame - the Bon Iver tribute thing one morning was a total write-off if you weren't within 20 feet of it, for e.g.

What I'd have liked would have been while George Fitz Gerald tore up one tent, someone like the Murder Capital on another stage. Would have been good to see a mix of styles late in the evening for those not into electronic, dance, etc.

And I do like the electronic stuff - Hot Chip, Orbital, Kiasmos and Jon Hopkins were my highlights - but it's nice to have variety too.

Even throw some small acts like Bitch Falcon or Ships on later at night.

But it's early days so hopefully over time, it'll grow and develop into something a bit more comprehensive without losing its best bits.

Oh I missed that. Damn!

The bandstand area was a bit of a mess, I thought. Lovely to look at, great food and drinks but sound was in and out a bit.

Shame - the Bon Iver tribute thing one morning was a total write-off if you weren't within 20 feet of it, for e.g.

What I'd have liked would have been while George Fitz Gerald tore up one tent, someone like the Murder Capital on another stage. Would have been good to see a mix of styles late in the evening for those not into electronic, dance, etc.

And I do like the electronic stuff - Hot Chip, Orbital, Kiasmos and Jon Hopkins were my highlights - but it's nice to have variety too.

Even throw some small acts like Bitch Falcon or Ships on later at night.

But it's early days so hopefully over time, it'll grow and develop into something a bit more comprehensive without losing its best bits.
    Yeah hopefully - I meant the comedy tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Went to Keenan, was on at like 1.30am and people naturally fairly well on their way. Very small tent so a few drunken idiots ruined it tbh. But bar timing that's fairly outside ATN's control tbh

Eod100 wrote: »
    Went to Keenan, was on at like 1.30am and people naturally fairly well on their way. Very small tent so a few drunken idiots ruined it tbh. But bar timing that's fairly outside ATN's control tbh

It wasn't the people more the sound bleed from bandstand and other stages. But I think if they moved it down towards the house on the grass it would be it's own thing with less sound bleed

It wasn't the people more the sound bleed from bandstand and other stages. But I think if they moved it down towards the house on the grass it would be it's own thing with less sound bleed

For me personally it was definitely some or th4 people, people having full blown shouty concerts with mates, stumbling around etc. Wasnt particularly enjoyable but not blaming ATN for that tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

For me personally it was definitely some or th4 people, people having full blown shouty concerts with mates, stumbling around etc. Wasnt particularly enjoyable but not blaming ATN for that tbf
    Yeah, I'd agree. It was tough enough for both David Keenan and Mick Flannery, felt like 4 in the morning in there, far too much chat for those guys. But as has been said, the very idea of having stuff like that on that late, I'm right behind that idea. EP could do with more of that too. It seemed to be just the Friday night in Curraghmore? Mostly doof doof late on for the rest of the weekend. Aside from the Prince thing, which was majestic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Rage against machine and run the jewels confirmed for EP

Takes the wind out of ATNs sails a bit.
    EP already has a better lineup this year than last, two of the best live acts around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

It's the opposite for me personally, I'd have absolutely zero interest in RATM so it is softening the blow of not going to EP for the first time in 8 years. Hopefully ATN have a nice announcement themselves before the end of the month.

EP already has a better lineup this year than last, two of the best live acts around.

I don't think RATM are the band they once were and wouldn't really see them playing somewhere like ATN either way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Yep, that’s a quality announcement from EP. Shame, I would’ve loved to have seen either announced for ATN. A lot of work to do with next announcement to keep my interest.

I don't think RATM are the band they once were and wouldn't really see them playing somewhere like ATN either way

What do you mean they're not the band they were? Theyve gotten old?
    Theyve only played together a handful of times since the 90s, and the response was uniformly positive.
    I wasnt suggesting Rage would play ATN, just unlikely ATN will have anything as exclusive or revered for their lineup. Last year EP was in a lull, Billie Eilish was easily the best booking they made, and she actually became more sought after as the year progressed.

They are way beyond ATN's reach for a booking. A shrewd booking none the less. EP's Festival Republic ties coming into handy with that one - giving them a package deal similar to the 1975 last year. I'm hoping for a more Greenman Festival/End of the road style lineup from ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't really see any relevance to ATN to be honest. Rage were never going to be playing ATN, awful fit musically for the festival, regardless of whether they were in budget or not. headliners so far have included Roisin Murphy, Fleet Foxes, Mura Masa, Patti Smith, Jon Hopkins....RATM don't exactly fit in amongst them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Is Iggy headlining?

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    Is Iggy headlining?

I would imagine a Patti Smith slot - so 2nd last on Saturday

Advertisement