Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

don't really see any relevance to ATN to be honest. Rage were never going to be playing ATN, awful fit musically for the festival, regardless of whether they were in budget or not. headliners so far have included Roisin Murphy, Fleet Foxes, Mura Masa, Patti Smith, Jon Hopkins....RATM don't exactly fit in amongst them.

Does that mean they can never change tact ?

Even Glastonbury changes !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

greenspurs wrote: »
    Does that mean they can never change tact ?

Even Glastonbury changes !

Changing tact is one thing but this would have been a wholesale change - RATM are playing festivals and arenas several times bigger than ATN. Reading, Leeds, EP and Lolla Berlin are all over 60k aren't they? ATN is, what, 15k?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

don't really see any relevance to ATN to be honest. Rage were never going to be playing ATN, awful fit musically for the festival, .
    Changing tact is one thing but this would have been a wholesale change - RATM are playing festivals and arenas several times bigger than ATN. Reading, Leeds, EP and Lolla Berlin are all over 60k aren't they? ATN is, what, 15k?

He never mentioned the size of the festival .... just it being "an awful fit musically"

Which is why I said the organisers could/should change tact …..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    He never mentioned the size of the festival .... just it being "an awful fit musically"

Which is why I said the organisers could/should change tact …..

Except for the very next sentence which said "regardless of whether they were in budget or not"...

That's the piece I was responding to. Apologies if I misread what you were commenting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

A little bit of tension here.

We need an announcement. When are we expecting one again?

• Advertisement

A little bit of tension here.

We need an announcement. When are we expecting one again?

Before the end of the month. That's about as specific as they've gotten on social media.

Do they tend to announce on a specific day/time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Can't even remember when they announced last year. Pretty sure we'd our 2019 tickets bought a lot earlier, certainly before NYE 2018. Visibly less hype around this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

rubick wrote: »
    Can't even remember when they announced last year. Pretty sure we'd our 2019 tickets bought a lot earlier, certainly before NYE 2018. Visibly less hype around this year.

19th Feb last year.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057906044&page=21

this time last year we had 15 pages in the ATN2019 thread, compared with 23 of discussion this year....

19th Feb last year.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057906044&page=21

more pages in this year's thread than at the same point last year FWIW.

Did I mention the traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

To be fair they only need to sell the same amount of tickets, no need to be spending huge money on overreaching advertisement to achieve what will nearly happen naturally.

Let's hope they're saving the ad budget for acts

• Advertisement

Did I mention the traffic?

And the wasps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

And the wasps.

Or the horrible walk in?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

D.Q wrote: »
    Or the horrible walk in?

The wasps at least could just fly straight in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Was there a noticeable wasp infestation on the first year of ATN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Wooderson wrote: »
    Was there a noticeable wasp infestation on the first year of ATN?

No they recruited extra for the 2nd year, gets people movin'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

No they recruited extra for the 2nd year, gets people movin'

giphy.gif

D.Q wrote: »
    Or the horrible walk in?
    easiest walk-in i've had at a festival, red carpark into the Both Sides Now campsite in 5mins. :D

easiest walk-in i've had at a festival, red carpark into the Both Sides Now campsite in 5mins. :D

This is the key!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Shhhh, don't tell anyone!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Pussy Riot playing Bluedot the weekend before - after last years cancellation there's no doubt that they will be back

• Advertisement

Pussy Riot playing Bluedot the weekend before - after last years cancellation there's no doubt that they will be back

Was the cancellation due to visa issues? Or is that another act I'm thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Full lineup from Bluedot, I am getting more and more excited by the prospect of Groove Armada live.

https://twitter.com/bluedotfestival/status/1227518024644689922

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Was the cancellation due to visa issues? Or is that another act I'm thinking of?

Yes I think so

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Full lineup from Bluedot, I am getting more and more excited by the prospect of Groove Armada live.

https://twitter.com/bluedotfestival/status/1227518024644689922

There was a fair bit of crossover last year iirc, hopkins and hot chip for starters

Always enjoyed Groove Armada shows back in the day. They seemed to play every festival I went to about 15 years ago. Would suit ATN perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Would love to see Squarepusher & Beak> get the nod too!

You can rule out Metronomy and Roisin Murphy as they're at Body & Soul but the rest must all be in contention.

you'd have to imagine POD favourites Groove Armada are nailed-on?

Spiritualized and Tangerine Dream would be nice too (assuming the latter isn't ruined by the chatters!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

If both Groove Armada and Bjork show up, my missus will be absolutely set....might even make up for her annoyance over EP getting Rage Against the Machine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Groove Armada, Bjork, Tangerine Dream, Squarepusher, Spiritualized would all be savage bookings. I'm not basing this on anything, but I'd imagine Bjork might be too expensive for ATN to get, would imagine she demands a fair old fee in comparison to the rest.

Advertisement